Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3876 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:22 AM
Dirty jokes. Sim arrives on lot, Sim instantly tells dirty joke, BOING! Sims fall out. Especially stupid when you move in the Goodies, Herbert tells Faith a dirty joke, BOING! they're no longer in love. You leave them to patch things up, and no sooner do the little hearts appear again than Faith tells Herbert a dirty joke, and BOING! For pity's sake, you two, if neither of you finds dirty jokes funny, just don't tell them, okay?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3877 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:24 AM
@BlueAlien - I suggest one (or both) of these two mods: Cyjon's Fewer Dirty Jokes reduces the autonomy of telling them, and Squinge's No More Bad Dirty Jokes prevents the negative fallout completely.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3878 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:44 PM Last edited by Sketching : 27th Mar 2018 at 3:23 PM.
Ugh, even if they don't perform dirty jokes (I don't have a mod for them though), they'll gladly talk to anyone about woohoo. Whatever happened to kiss and don't tell? I don't think most strangers will appreciate hearing about what you and your partner got up to last night. At least it sometimes amuses me.

My pet peeve: Oh, hey, landlady, could you help repair some of the things at our apartment?

Landlady: Sure. Leave it to me!

A few minutes later...

Landlady: I'm done for the day. Call me if you need anything.

Then sometimes she suddenly decides to return at 2:00 AM, but that's if she doesn't forget at all.

Edit: I also find it odd that sims don't clean the puddle circling the base of their toilet when you tell them to mop the puddles around it. If anything, that should be the priority after unclogging the toilet because of the molds. Good thing macrotastics includes it during general cleaning, but they don't seem to normally do it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3879 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
My Sims don't seem to talk about woohoo, not that I've noticed anyway.
The puddle under the toilet disappears doesn't it since they can't reach it.
Inventor
#3880 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Edit: I also find it odd that sims don't clean the puddle circling the base of their toilet when you tell them to mop the puddles around it. If anything, that should be the priority after unclogging the toilet because of the molds. Good thing macrotastics includes it during general cleaning, but they don't seem to normally do it.

I've discovered that the maid does it in my game, along with the puddles under the shower if it breaks, but it does disappear after a while if no one mops it up.
Inventor
#3881 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:52 PM
But if it disappears, it means that there is most likely mold or slime growing!

...Yeah, I should stop applying real world logic to the sim world. Mostly I just get irritated because it takes a while to disappear and the toddlers want to splash in the inaccessible puddle, but sometimes my desire for neat real-life bathrooms precedes me.

Thank goodness for MogHughson's bath mats, but geez, the landlady can get on my nerves when she keeps running around and you're trying to chase her. And then it also happens with the pizza delivery on the weekend.
Mad Poster
#3882 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 10:24 PM
I'm trying not to complain, but it does get tiring to see constant help and WCIF threads in the general Sims 2 section.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3883 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 11:34 PM
But if it disappears, it means that there is most likely mold or slime growing!

...Yeah, I should stop applying real world logic to the sim world. Mostly I just get irritated because it takes a while to disappear and the toddlers want to splash in the inaccessible puddle, but sometimes my desire for neat real-life bathrooms precedes me.

Thank goodness for MogHughson's bath mats, but geez, the landlady can get on my nerves when she keeps running around and you're trying to chase her. And then it also happens with the pizza delivery on the weekend.

haha you're fine, I did the same thing, but that's what makes the game fun . And I agree about the landlady/landlord thing, and the pizza delivery service. It's worse with that apartment building with the spiral staircase because everybody would get stuck, at least in my game .
Inventor
#3884 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 12:06 PM Last edited by Sketching : 28th Mar 2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wrong pronoun!
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
haha you're fine, I did the same thing, but that's what makes the game fun . And I agree about the landlady/landlord thing, and the pizza delivery service. It's worse with that apartment building with the spiral staircase because everybody would get stuck, at least in my game .

The worst has to be the elevators in the apartments! The landlady is on the top floor, so the pizza delivery person goes up there, only for the landlady to go back down for her him, but nope, the pizza delivery person can't reach her because he's too busy waiting for the elevator the NPC townie apartment residents are using. No, he shouldn't use the wide, vacant stairway because that's too much work.
Inventor
#3885 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:44 PM
The worst has to be the elevators in the apartments! The landlady is on the top floor, so the pizza delivery person goes up there, only for the landlady to go back down for her him, but nope, the pizza delivery person can't reach her because he's too busy waiting for the elevator the NPC townie apartment residents are using. No, he shouldn't use the wide, vacant stairway because that's too much work.

I wish I can hit that 'agree' button over 100 times because I feel this. Whenever I put elevators in apartments thinking it'll solve the issue, it's worse because only one sim can use it at a time (unless you get 2 sims to woohoo/try for a baby. Why EA, why???) and if they use it too much it's susceptible to failure. There's so many routing issues with certain apartments with staircases and/or elevators that I never played them, lagged my game too badly .
Mad Poster
#3886 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:23 PM
And when the grocery delivery guy stays on the other side of the street and can't be interacted with. Doesn't happen ALL the time, don't care enough to find the issue. He eventually drops it and they can put it away (and it's NOT free). Also when you chase the maid around trying to FIRE her stupid ...; and about the time the Sim corners her, he forgot why he was chasing her." Duh..hi?"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3887 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:30 PM
Or when the delivery person rings the doorbell and then immediately drops the pizza or groceries on the doorstop rather than wait a few seconds for a Sim to reach the door.

Inventor
#3888 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Or when the delivery person rings the doorbell and then immediately drops the pizza or groceries on the doorstop rather than wait a few seconds for a Sim to reach the door.

I would rather have that happen than the awkward tango my sim and the delivery person would have. It would take a full sim hour to get the groceries because the porch would be too small .
Inventor
#3889 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 6:34 AM
Squinge has a mod to have the delivery person drop the groceries at the front door here. Pescado has frontdoorhack, though I think this just forces them to stay at the front door.

That tango at the elevator is abysmal in apartments. Sometimes two residents enter, but because they can't actually use it simultaneously, they exit on the same floor they were already on anyway. And yeah, it's tiring running around to fire the maid. It's like she suddenly developed sentience and refuses to leave her job.

I modded apartments to be more expensive; the least the landlord could do is stop when I ask for repairs or tell me if she's planning to fix it later instead of re-enacting Psycho by the shower I'm using after she said that she's done for the day.
Inventor
#3890 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 7:34 AM
Squinge has a mod to have the delivery person drop the groceries at the front door here. Pescado has frontdoorhack, though I think this just forces them to stay at the front door.

That tango at the elevator is abysmal in apartments. Sometimes two residents enter, but because they can't actually use it simultaneously, they exit on the same floor they were already on anyway. And yeah, it's tiring running around to fire the maid. It's like she suddenly developed sentience and refuses to leave her job.

I modded apartments to be more expensive; the least the landlord could do is stop when I ask for repairs or tell me if she's planning to fix it later instead of re-enacting Psycho by the shower I'm using after she said that she's done for the day.

There's a mod for everything isn't it (gosh I'm so late into the modding game I missed all the good stuff ). I never fired a maid before because I always hire maids, but that sounds extremely frustrating . And LOL at the 'Psycho' reference, I usually let my sims fix the problems themselves, all my landlord/lady did was fight with the other renters because they didn't see eye-to-eye on grilled cheese .
Mad Poster
#3891 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:47 AM
The way pets will randomly just leave the lot when you're trying to befriend them

I wonder how much shrubbery is needed to attract wolves (and not just pack leaders).
Scholar
#3892 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:31 AM
In my experience, it takes quite some work to befriend the strays. And the worst part of it is that the strays have the habbit of staying away for so long after the first visit so the few friend points the sim have will almost be gone the next time the same animal shows up.
Mad Poster
#3893 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:42 PM
I find it quite annoying that subset recolors cannot be named ingame.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3894 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:19 PM
The Broke family is hell to play as. I want to put Dustin through college, but I can't, because Brandi'd need to pick up a job which means that her kids would be left alone. (and the pregnancy stage was not. fun.)
Alchemist
#3895 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:33 PM
Rosebine, I could not agree with you more. It'd be so much easier to remember the name of the recolor than remember where the color I've selected is in a long list of recolors!

And @alljoj, I have to laugh because the Brokes are one of my favorite houses to play, and I've restarted many a Pleasantview, just to play them from the beginning, . I usually have her marry a townie and have him be the breadwinner while Brandi stays home with the kids, but Brandi being a stay at home mom with no one working is doable (a little difficult maybe, but doable). Gardening will cover food (eventually) and reputation rewards and dates can bring in money--not to mention painting, writing novels, crafting, playing music for tips, and starting a home business. Even if pregnant, there should be a little time to socialize, if not enough time to actually work from home. Or you could always have her go on welfare (http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=3892134, post #985).

@JDacapo, I've found that wolves, pack leaders and regular ones, are attracted to trees and babies. Place a few pine trees around your lot and more should show up. And I can't tell you how many times pack leaders have shown up at my sims' houses out of the blue, wondering why they can't get in the house to sniff the toddler. Of course, when you want to turn someone, they're nowhere to be found. So I guess the absolute best way to get wolves to show up is reverse psychology.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3896 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:50 PM
Thanks @Phantomknight! Then we can have the kids train the wolves to 'stay' - it's really cute! Especially when they call the wolves 'Moofah.'
Mad Poster
#3897 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:48 PM
Shubbery? And I thought they wanted to eat toddlers.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#3898 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:25 PM
I wish we could put the drawings made on the activity table on the fridge door
Field Researcher
#3899 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:44 PM
I like hanging them on the walls at least.
Mad Poster
#3900 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:36 PM
Nope. Wolves don't wanna eat toddlers - instead, they seem to want to sniff them and then be called 'George' by a toddler who doesn't know his or her strength. Come on... have a toddler cuddle with a wolf. I dare you to not 'awwwww'.
Page 156 of 274