Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trouble building an attic despite using cheat
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone could help re trying to build an attic! I decided to have a go and followed a tutorial using the constrainfloorelevation cheat. I dragged the level terrain tool from foundation to the other side of the upper level of the house and this worked - the walls dropped. However, the trouble came when I tried to build the box constituting the new attic room within the newly dropped walls of the main house. I dragged out a box on the top level of the house within the walls, but the box walls did not 'bring up' the main house walls. It's hard to describe but according to the picture in the tutorial, creating this box should bring up the main walls so that they kind of go up in an 'A' shape either side of the short end of the box (new attic room). This did not occur and I just had a box on top of the main house, which a roof did not properly cover.

Sorry if this doesnt make total sense - I'm hoping I got it across as best as I can! Basically I think something should have happened that shows the main house walls have 'connected with' the new box room.

Any help would be great - I'm stumped!

Thank you
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:42 PM
Can I see a link to the tutorial?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM
I wouldn't mess around with the cheat, myself. I'd either put the roof on first and build the box inside it, or build the box, put gable shed roofs on either side of it, and then roof the box with a gable and fiddle with the roof angles till they looked contiguous. If you do this, remember to delete and redraw the interior walls of the shed roofs, or they're likely to be a smidge too short and let the weather in.

Don't feel bad. Roofs are hard.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Can I see a link to the tutorial?

I used this one: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ima..._by_Aloleng.pdf
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I wouldn't mess around with the cheat, myself. I'd either put the roof on first and build the box inside it, or build the box, put gable shed roofs on either side of it, and then roof the box with a gable and fiddle with the roof angles till they looked contiguous. If you do this, remember to delete and redraw the interior walls of the shed roofs, or they're likely to be a smidge too short and let the weather in.

Don't feel bad. Roofs are hard.

Thanks Peni. I'll have another go!
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:03 AM
Read this thread if you're going to use cfe for 'bigger' attic: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=156028
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM
I think some pictures of what you have done would be helpful.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think some pictures of what you have done would be helpful.

Yes - I wasn't quite sure how to get them. Would I need to play the game in a window that I can minimise so I can print screen and paste somewhere?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Read this thread if you're going to use cfe for 'bigger' attic: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=156028

Thank you LFact - I will have a read now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:47 PM
Just about cracked it after following the tutorial LFact posted. Thank you!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:57 PM
@emj192 Letting you know it's against site rules to triple post. If you can use the edit button next time, thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@emj192 Letting you know it's against site rules to triple post. If you can use the edit button next time, thanks.

Sorry about that, I wasn't aware. I will refrain from doing so in future.