Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 5:35 AM Last edited by wee829 : 25th Feb 2024 at 4:53 AM.
Default Recolors isn't showing up
I recolored a mesh package, but it didn't show up in the game.
I looked into Simpe, there is ##0x1c050000! on the front of the file name in MMAT

Could this be a problem? Thank you!!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 4:38 PM
That's normal.

Does the item have other recolors that show up, or was it just a mesh file?

Do you have the link for the original 3t2 poster? If it was just a mesh file without other recolors, it could be a problem with the subset names or some such that aren't transferring to the recolors properly, but the problem could be in any of the resources that handle the recoloring process, and be as tiny as a character in the wrong place, so it's easier to look at the original mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 1:40 AM Last edited by wee829 : 26th Feb 2024 at 8:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That's normal.

Does the item have other recolors that show up, or was it just a mesh file?

Do you have the link for the original 3t2 poster? If it was just a mesh file without other recolors, it could be a problem with the subset names or some such that aren't transferring to the recolors properly, but the problem could be in any of the resources that handle the recoloring process, and be as tiny as a character in the wrong place, so it's easier to look at the original mesh.

I think the original ts3 poster has recolors, as there are two overlay IMG show in s3pe.
I did the 3t2 conversion, I guess it became a mesh file when it converted to ts2, as I need to recolor it in SimPE as a separated file.

I attached the mesh and recolor file in the zipped folder if you might look into it please. Really appreciated for your help!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 2:32 AM
The GMND in the mesh file lacks a "tsDesignModeEnabled" line, which it needs for recolors to show up.

HL has a tutorial with pictures on how to add one, here: https://hugelunatic.com/adding-recorable-subsets/ (step 1-4)

Your item already has a MMAT, and (I assume?) new GUID number, so you can skip the rest of the steps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:49 AM Last edited by wee829 : 26th Feb 2024 at 8:51 PM.
The GMND in the mesh file lacks a "tsDesignModeEnabled" line, which it needs for recolors to show up.

HL has a tutorial with pictures on how to add one, here: https://hugelunatic.com/adding-recorable-subsets/ (step 1-4)

Your item already has a MMAT, and (I assume?) new GUID number, so you can skip the rest of the steps.

Thank you for your help! I've already followed the tutorial, unfortunately the recolor still wasn't showing up. Do you have any thoughts what other issues might be?
In case I might have done something wrong, I attach the mesh with "tsDesignModeEnabled" added, and the recolor file which done afterward.
Thank you so much for your time
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:16 PM
The subset name in your package is "paintingartnouveaudecoprint_surface_decoplane" not "poster". If you fix this in the GMND, I think it should work fine (I think the recolor should work fine, too - no need to redo it, it's just the GMND that needs fixing).

If you ever wonder, you can find the subset names in the SHPE.

If you haven't changed them, they're also in the GMDC (and various other places), but sometimes things get changed when importing a new mesh (sometimes if you import as a GMDC file instead of an OBJ file, the subset name changes, which can cause some issues). If you need to get back the original subset names, it's easiest to find them in the SHPE. It's possible to change subset names, but unless you really have to, it's best to leave it be (less chance of problems, since there are several places they need changing).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 4:52 AM
The subset name in your package is "paintingartnouveaudecoprint_surface_decoplane" not "poster". If you fix this in the GMND, I think it should work fine (I think the recolor should work fine, too - no need to redo it, it's just the GMND that needs fixing).

If you ever wonder, you can find the subset names in the SHPE.

If you haven't changed them, they're also in the GMDC (and various other places), but sometimes things get changed when importing a new mesh (sometimes if you import as a GMDC file instead of an OBJ file, the subset name changes, which can cause some issues). If you need to get back the original subset names, it's easiest to find them in the SHPE. It's possible to change subset names, but unless you really have to, it's best to leave it be (less chance of problems, since there are several places they need changing).

Oh I see, the name need to be matched. Thank you so much!! It showed up!