Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Making Base Camp
I been trying to search this for a while but still to no avail, my question ends up being asked differently.

is there a way i can unlock more lots on my home world?
I just put the travelers mod into my game and i want to edit the town before playing my main world game so when they travel, theres a base camp in the world they traveled to. but when i got to community lots to change the lot, i can't change it to that unless i'm on a WA world.

is there some cheat i can type that will allow me to have the same community lots in WA for homeworlds? thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 9:40 AM
This isn't a CAW answer, but what you could do is startup a game in this foreign world off to the side. Place a Base Camp there using Edit Town. If the lot type choice shows up twice, be aware that one of them is really for the Community Center in future worlds (Oasis Landing), not a WA type of base camp. Save then quit and copy the nhd file within the save of the world you just edited to an ongoing game. When your sims travel to this world, they should then land in the edited one.

If this is what you were already trying to do but the lot type just isn't showing up in Edit Town, sorry I have no idea what could be blocking that. Traveler is supposed to unlock all of those options in Edit Town.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:02 AM
I made a basecamp in Stranda, my home world creation. I don't really remember how I did it, or if I had a any problems.

I know there are different kinds of worlds though. How you done anything to make your world into a city or something?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This isn't a CAW answer, but what you could do is startup a game in this foreign world off to the side. Place a Base Camp there using Edit Town. If the lot type choice shows up twice, be aware that one of them is really for the Community Center in future worlds (Oasis Landing), not a WA type of base camp. Save then quit and copy the nhd file within the save of the world you just edited to an ongoing game. When your sims travel to this world, they should then land in the edited one.

If this is what you were already trying to do but the lot type just isn't showing up in Edit Town, sorry I have no idea what could be blocking that. Traveler is supposed to unlock all of those options in Edit Town.

thanks so much, I found out I was suppose to buydebug and then enablelotlocking true but you gave me more info I didn't know I needed to know!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I made a basecamp in Stranda, my home world creation. I don't really remember how I did it, or if I had a any problems.

I know there are different kinds of worlds though. How you done anything to make your world into a city or something?

yeah just found out how to do all this stuff. I got the Ziwa Bonde world so I can make my family travel to Africa. the traveler mod has changed the whole game for me that I need to start my game over(not in a bad way a good way, like a new start )
also I was gonna make a nursing home (sorry if that's weird lol) the enablelotlocking true cheat and use story progression to only allow elders to stay on the lot