Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Not able to write books on computer
i had the writing faster mod in the game and it wasn't that, i had the scribbling pad in the game and it wasn't that either.

can anyone help me figure out why my sims can't type books on the computer? has anyone had this issue before?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:41 PM
Silly question: Did you go to the city hall and make writing your career? I think you have to do that first.
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:26 PM
Could it possibly be just a bug from removing those files? Try clearing your caches if you haven't yet....
(oh it was happening before that)

Does your sim have the writing skill yet? I think your able to practice writing first and then after you've leveled you can start writing books. Can't check atm, I'm probably wrong...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Silly question: Did you go to the city hall and make writing your career? I think you have to do that first.

yes, she was already in the writing career.

Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Could it possibly be just a bug from removing those files? Try clearing your caches if you haven't yet....
(oh it was happening before that)

Does your sim have the writing skill yet? I think your able to practice writing first and then after you've leveled you can start writing books. Can't check atm, I'm probably wrong...

my sim mastered the writing skill. but when I kept the sketch book in the game, I always used the book to write stories. wasn't until recently that I found out i'm not able to use the computer to write stories and I had already cleared cache and everything before knowing I couldn't use the computer.

I'm hoping it's not a mod related to writing because then theres soo much i'd have to test and take out and play the whole game to start, at least start builders world but still....
Site Helper
#5 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:07 PM
Does this happen in a new game as well as the current one? Your save may have gotten corrupted.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Does this happen in a new game as well as the current one? Your save may have gotten corrupted.

I'm thinking so too but I have no idea what the source is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Does the computer say hello? Is it a Dell?

lols