Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is there a way to change the ID of a world? Reasons and explanation inside
Hi all,

I'll try to be clear, as this is a problem I encountered before that I solved by uninstalling the 'undesired' world but now I'm at loss.

Long ago I noticed, and I guess many of you have as well, that sometimes, certain custom made worlds couldn't be installed at the same time, specifically two worlds that had been created using the same original sims world heightmap. I had that problem with two worlds that had been created with Sunset Valley as a base, I had installed one and when I tried to install another (Porto Estivo I think, or Cottonwood Hills, can't remember), found that the world appeared as installed under the Downloads tab, but couldn't be found in game. I figured it was the heightmap or ID case, so I uninstalled the previous world and could install the other without problems.

NOW MY PROBLEM:

I wanted to install Glennborough by Galadrielh. AND it shows as installed in my Downloads tab, meaning it shares an ID with some other world I have installed. The only ones that I use that were based on Sunset Valley I think are Porto Estivo and Cottonwood Hills and I use both.

Does anybody know of a way to make Glennborough to be able to install? As it's a sims3pack I fail to understand how. If not, I'll have to think what world to ditch but I have lots of things done in them... I'd appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:24 PM
If two worlds have the same world ID it doesn't matter how you install them, they will conflict either way. It's possible to change the world ID - in CAW. Not sure if there is a way of changing the world ID in this case without taking the world back to CAW. I don't know of any but maybe someone does.

If you want to install a world without using the launcher you will have to extract it to package file. Please find instructions for that here in post #2: http://modthesims.info/t/498648

It might be a problem with the launcher though, it seems a common problem that it shows worlds as installed when they don't show up in game - meaning they are not properly installed. Maybe this is of help: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=391001

Remember to make backups before you delete/move anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:25 PM
Thank you so much for taking your time to answer, I suspected (and feared) it would be that way. I'll take a look at the links and try Thank you!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:31 PM
This is a wild shot in the dark but what you could try is to rename the conflicting world in the InstalledWorlds folder, like from "Cottonwood Hills" to "Cottonwood Hills_temp". This can cause the Launcher to not recognise the installed world anymore.
More drastic would also be to replace the *.world extension with *.package. This will definitely remove the world from the Launcher list and the main menu. This might enable you to install the other world.

ETA: I am basing this on a test I recently ran where I had a user folder for testing various lighting mods for a world. there are 7 versions of the same world in the InstalledWorlds folder and only the "properly" named one will load and be visible in the main menu. And only the save that was made with that world will load while the ones made with the other versions will be greyed out. When I learned this I thought that this might be useful for other things, too, so maybe your issue is one of those cases.