Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#9126 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I once looked up to see a huge hot air balloon in the shape of a kilted highlander, complete with bagpipes, floating over our (Real Life) town. So I scarcely raise an eyebrow at the sight of a pink pig-shaped gas balloon, with its mooring ropes trailing, drifting above downtown Veronaville.

@AndrewGloria - oh goodness! If it's true, what they say about real Scotsmen and what they do or don't wear under a kilt... having one floating overhead? Looking up could be the most traumatic experience of a person's life!!

...particularly if they're like birds who have the ability to relieve themselves during flight. All I can visualize is Fat Bastard, from Austin Powers! Oomph!!!

-gE
>=)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9127 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:29 PM
I have another 'wanna see but probably nobody cares enough':
Make a mod like 'autohomework' for college kids, where at 7 (or later) they automatically do their paper that they've been wishing to do. It'll fulfill their want to do it, and also have a beneficial effect on their grades. I don't see why it can't be done.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#9128 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have another 'wanna see but probably nobody cares enough':
Make a mod like 'autohomework' for college kids, where at 7 (or later) they automatically do their paper that they've been wishing to do. It'll fulfill their want to do it, and also have a beneficial effect on their grades. I don't see why it can't be done.

@FranH
I have such a mod for years. I think it was by MogHughson here on MTS.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#9129 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 9:44 AM
If you mean the college desk locator, that does not make them do their homework automatically. It just secures the desk for doing their assignments.
University Mod for use with the Desk Locator
I was in reference to a similar mod to 'auto' do homework, which is only for children and teens.
But I downloaded anyway because it might be useful to those in Uni.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Top Secret Researcher
#9130 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
If you mean the college desk locator, that does not make them do their homework automatically. It just secures the desk for doing their assignments.
University Mod for use with the Desk Locator
I was in reference to a similar mod to 'auto' do homework, which is only for children and teens.
But I downloaded anyway because it might be useful to those in Uni.

I am sorry. I was wrong. It's created by Monique: http://modthesims.info/d/105857

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#9131 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:08 PM
That's only for children and teens, though. Not University.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9132 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 1:38 PM
I don't mind their not doing it automatically, but I DO wish they could find where they put it. Nothing bothers me like trying to tell a student to do his homework, only to find he's laid both copies of it somewhere on a lot that is cluttered with copies of other students' work. I either have to find and click on all of them to locate one particular students', or just delete them all.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#9133 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 2:54 PM Last edited by Duine : 15th Oct 2018 at 4:04 PM.
I've used MogHughson's Desk Locator for a long time and haven't had the lost homework problem since. http://modthesims.info/d/312004
This mod is for it to work at Uni http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=313224

Read all the info to see what it clashes with and how the object works. I've placed these on the floor, shelves, table or desk. They will go to the area and place it on the desk or even the floor if there isn't a clear spot. Since children and teens have different school hours, I've put 2 objects on 1 desk and the teen will be done by the time a child comes home. It does work with faster homework mod, forget where that is. Another problem I used to have, not sure if this helped it, 1 sim gets off the bus, blocks the exit for the next sim, who would then not have their homework. The mod I use for this is go to the back of the bus, or to the mailbox (there might be 2 different mods around). The 1st sim moves away, checks the homework while the next sim gets off the bus and heads to the spot. If nothing else interfers, there is usually a nice flow of sims doing each step while not interfering with the next sim. I'm not sure why homework vanishes, if it still does it with this mod, (not 100% this fixed the lost item) then follow any advice here that might help. Hopefully I explained it clear enough. (:

Didn't see the other posts mentioning this one before I posted, but I also use a faster homework mod and one that makes them place it on desk and do it right away, not sure if it's 1 mod combined or 2 separate ones. Again, don't remember where they're from.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#9134 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 5:19 PM
I'm pretty sure this does not exist (if it does, some please do correct me!). I really want some way, pretty much any way, to multiply written novels in game...that doesn't require OFB. (I do have OFB, but I've been stubbornly holding off on installing it as I don't find the vast majority of its features fun.) I am aware of just one mod that allows the multiplication of written novels, and it of course does in fact require OFB, because the multiplication mechanic depends on the "restocking" feature - which means not only would I need to install OFB but I'd actually have to actively play a business lot in order to produce multiple copies of written novels. What I'd like is just some way for sims to maybe order extra copies of the book from the publisher, over the phone or online...I don't really care; like I said, I just want any way to acquire multiple copies of the novels so that slogging through actually writing one is worthwhile as it actually ends up benefiting the whole hood in a meaningful way.
Test Subject
#9135 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:10 PM Last edited by beyondsight : 15th Oct 2018 at 11:40 PM.
I'd like it to be more difficult to have a great party. The whole household can be asleep and two guests can be chatting and the end rating will be roof raisin'.

I'd also like the wants rolled on a date to reflect a Sim's personality a lot more. The constant dancing, tickling, and dirty jokes are mind-numbing...a mod like SnorkackSearcher's Fewer Hobby Wants but for other things would be a blessing.
Mad Poster
#9136 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'm pretty sure this does not exist (if it does, some please do correct me!). I really want some way, pretty much any way, to multiply written novels in game...that doesn't require OFB. (I do have OFB, but I've been stubbornly holding off on installing it as I don't find the vast majority of its features fun.) I am aware of just one mod that allows the multiplication of written novels, and it of course does in fact require OFB, because the multiplication mechanic depends on the "restocking" feature - which means not only would I need to install OFB but I'd actually have to actively play a business lot in order to produce multiple copies of written novels. What I'd like is just some way for sims to maybe order extra copies of the book from the publisher, over the phone or online...I don't really care; like I said, I just want any way to acquire multiple copies of the novels so that slogging through actually writing one is worthwhile as it actually ends up benefiting the whole hood in a meaningful way.

There's the duplication trick. Buy a table, place the book on it. Put the table in inventory and pull it back out. Remove the book from the table. Put the table back in inventory. Switch to the aspiration rewards tab, then back to inventory. Take the table back out. It'll have another book on it!

This works with any furniture with slots, even OMSPS. You can also duplicate multiple objects if there's multiple slots.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9137 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
There's the duplication trick. Buy a table, place the book on it. Put the table in inventory and pull it back out. Remove the book from the table. Put the table back in inventory. Switch to the aspiration rewards tab, then back to inventory. Take the table back out. It'll have another book on it!

OMG, you may just have saved me from having to install OFB! :lovestruc
Alchemist
#9138 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:04 PM
some way for plant sims to produce a specific number of plant "babies"; like various hacks can make sims pregnant with a certain number of babies.
Mad Poster
#9139 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:50 PM Last edited by FranH : 16th Oct 2018 at 4:00 PM.
I'm going to have a peeky at that mod to see if I can do anything with it. Don't hold your breath because I will be the first to admit that I can't do much beyond ticking off boxes and rewriting text-but I will look at it to see if there's any boxes to check off. (and I'm not going to hold my own breath, either)

Edit: I did open it up in SimPE-and was not surprised to discover that not much can be done by anyone who doesn't know how BHAV's work. I don't, and so it's going to remain a mystery to me.

Scholar
#9140 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 8:11 PM
I would like a mod that allowed my adults to do some college distance learning.
Meaning they wouldn't go to college, they'd be able to have regular jobs and regular lives, but eventually graduate.

In my mind they would enroll in a distance learning course which would have the same skill requeriments as it would have in college, and they would need to research and/or write term papers (but not attend to classes) until they reach the treshold which would allow them to pass the semester. They would not be time-limited though, it might take them several semesters to actually pass.
And when they finish they get their degree, which would have the same benefits as the regular one.

I think that would have some technical complications (such as having a a job section and a college section at the same time). But maybe something simplier, like writing some sort of term-papers (which might take longer than regular college ones) would equal to pass a semester, and after doing 8 of those they would graduate... would that be possible?
It would be certainly awesome.
Scholar
#9141 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

This works with any furniture with slots, even OMSPS. You can also duplicate multiple objects if there's multiple slots.

I recently learned this too.
Only too bad the item on the table was an urn. >_<
Alchemist
#9142 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 17th Oct 2018 at 2:26 AM. Reason: Added Links
@Amura you can do that in a couple of ways. With YAs, you can do this by having them go to college in the main hood. I believe Squinge has a college mini collection that'll let you do that or you can use what I have in my game, Lion's mod (and an Age to YA Birthday Cake if you don't want to move sims in and out) (I'll come back and put links later, though there are some threads here that talk about this).

From there it's a matter of setting up your own restrictions of what they need to pass the semester, as YAs' clock will not progress in the main hood unless the semester tester is present. So if your sims need a bit more time, you can give it. Since you mentioned term papers specifically, I'll also mention that Ancient Highway has a Term Paper Required mod that makes it so that sims need to complete their term paper or else during their finals their grade meter takes a hit and they have a chance of failing. I use that and I'm loving it.

As for jobs, YAs can already have those; use testing cheats, Monique's computer, etc. to give/select a job. You would just need a panel revealer and thankfully, Lamare already made one this year: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=601315 I've used that too (with Christianlov's Adults Go to College mod) and it works well; the job panel just can't be revealed all the time.

The other way is play adults as normal and manually give them uni perks as they progress through each year or to use the batbox or Christianlov's counterfeit diploma, etc., to "officially" give them all uni perks + a diploma at the end of their studies. While you could create a custom career with the counterfeit diploma as a career reward and simulate a college course that way, sims can't have two jobs, so they would be restricted to owning a business or you would have to do some teleporting and/or select job level shenanigans.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#9143 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:18 PM
@Amura you might find Lamare's mods interesting. They still go to college but there are so many great options while there, like having a job, pets, family members of your choice to live with them at college, and more.

http://www.modthesims.info/m/8595297 Read her various mods descriptions, you might find something new that will interest you. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#9144 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 8:50 AM
@Amura, there is a mod here in MTS about "life experience" which eventually assigns university graduation benefits to adult sims. Personally I'd prefer to assign "honorary degrees" as I see fit, based on things like writing great novels, painting masterpieces, discovering new stars/planets, getting a perfect garden score, and the like.

As for a hack I'd like to see, how about scratch tickets? There could be display object to be placed on a counter near a cash register, and sims could buy a ticket for something like $5-10, get a minor fun boost, and a popup message would inform them if they'd won, after which they could do essentially the same set of animations from the food contest. As with real scratch tickets there wouldn't be a high chance of winning much, but it could be a great way to waste sims money! It would be fitting for lazy/playful Fortune sims who want to "earn some money" - just keep buying tickets until they finally win something!
Mad Poster
#9145 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 11:28 AM
@Rosawyn-I'd love that too, but in its place, Monique's computer has a 'buy lottery tickets' function, where the player will bet up to 20 times on 4 different games for $5 each.

It's very good, too. You never know how much if anything one will win.I've taken to making the fortune sims buy them.

Mad Poster
#9146 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 2:29 PM
[QUOTE=Rosawyn]@Amura, there is a mod here in MTS about "life experience" which eventually assigns university graduation benefits to adult sims. Personally I'd prefer to assign "honorary degrees" as I see fit, based on things like writing great novels, painting masterpieces, discovering new stars/planets, getting a perfect garden score, and the like.

There is a fruit bowl available on this site that allows you to make your sims graduate even if they've never been to college. You can also give them whatever job you want and choose the job level. You can even get paid for vacation time.

I don't have my game open at the moment so I can's check the name and the search engine on this site failed me, as usual. I'll look more when I get the chance.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#9147 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
There is a fruit bowl available on this site that allows you to make your sims graduate even if they've never been to college. You can also give them whatever job you want and choose the job level. You can even get paid for vacation time.

I always use the batbox to assign degrees (in debug mode, I can even "re-give" them their diplomas with it). I assign job levels through the sim blender. It wouldn't surprise me if the Sim Blender or the Sim Manipulator has an option to add paid vacation time as well.
Scholar
#9148 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 8:12 PM
Thank you everybody for the suggestions.

I do use Lamare's mods, there is so much choice you can really build college in a very custom way.
But they are all about college time. And I think something that allowed adults/elders (even premade ones) to be able to get a degree somehow would certainly complement it.
(That said, I think this idea came to my mind after using Lamare's mods, now college seems a bit more realistic than it used to and one starts dreaming!)

The Fruit of Life bowl thing allows you to change their status to graduated, right, but -if I understood correctly- it's the same you'd do with SimPE or the Batbox.
And what the mod I would like to see is more about changing the gameplay, having that extra feature that the vainilla game does not include.
I really appreciate a lot that you all are trying to provide solutions, although my post was just a "wish this was true" kind of thing.
Mad Poster
#9149 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
But they are all about college time. And I think something that allowed adults/elders (even premade ones) to be able to get a degree somehow would certainly complement it.

It's possible to get adults into Uni. I did it with plantsim Daisy Greenman. Don't think the same thing would work too well for elders, I'm afraid. Note that their age will reset to the beginning of adulthood once they graduate, though you can just use InSim or lotsynctimer to put it back.

Something I think would complement Monique's computer well is an option to do online courses on it and eventually get awarded a degree.

Mad Poster
#9150 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 12:44 AM
I would like to see a mod that turns "so-and-so the mean witch" into "so-and-so the wicked witch" and "so-and-so the nice witch" into "so-and-so the good witch". If we're going to have shades of the Wizard of Oz, we might as well go all the way. Also, just because a sim is evil doesn't mean they're necessarily mean, and similarly good sims are not always nice.
Page 366 of 580