Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:04 PM
Default Custom Neighborhood Story empty when shared
Hi there, I've been searching madly for the past few days and thought I would finally ask here. So I've been working on a Sims 2 recreation of Sunset Valley, using Voleste's terrain, and adding all the Sims and Lots and whatnot. So I finished my unihabited version, and then added all the Sims and sorted out their information to a point where it's ready for testing. I filled the Neighborhood Story Album with 26 pictures and descriptions, and it shows up fine in my game. However, when I send it to a friend to test, the neighborhood story is empty in their game. I'm not sure why that is, and my searching hasn't yielded any answers so far. I'm worried that maybe it's just a simple thing that I'm missing and that's why it's been so impossible to find. Has anyone experienced this or knows anything about it?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:44 PM
if the story files are visible in your friend's version, maybe your friend could re-create the story/stories in their game.
and maybe you could send another format of the story/stories. the Sims 2 Album program could help with that; not sure where I downloaded it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:25 PM
One thing that can happen is, that the computer decides - for whatever reason - to give the neighborhood story a different ID number on the new computer. To test this, tell your friend to look in the Storytelling folder for the neighborhood - the one inside the NXXX file, not the one under The Sims 2 and not the one under Neighborhoods. If she can see the snapshot, thumbnail, and webentry.xml files with her web browser, this is what's happened.

She can find out the new number by taking a snapshot with the dash camera and looking at it in her web browser. Then she can use the Bulk Renamer to replace the old ID number with the new one in the file names for the story, and it should show up in the right place.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:38 PM
Okay I'll go ahead and talk to her and try that out. My main concern is that I'm planning to put this neighborhood up for download and I'm worried about it not showing up in others games too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:46 PM
@otterpop4949 you might want to use Creator feedback to discuss and test your hood. http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=611

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~