Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:53 AM
Default Download Search Options
Hello, my name is Kelsey.

I just recently got back into playing the Sims after purchasing an expansion pack. Is there a way to search the downloads for things with just the expansion pack? Basic example: looking for lots that require City Living and not seeing all the lots I've already seen for just the base game. I thought there used to be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you for any help,
A long time lurker because I'm super shy, even in the digital world.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:56 PM
As long as you're here, Chax, do you remember the trick to see if things you've downloaded at this site have been updated?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
As long as you're here, Chax, do you remember the trick to see if things you've downloaded at this site have been updated?

Well, I'm not Chax but I know this. Go to My Links in the upper right then My Downloads. You can filter by "Have Update?" by clicking on the arrow next to it. This doesn't catch all of them (UI Extensions is sometimes updated in a way that doesn't show in this view, so I just check that one manually whenever there's a patch) but it does get most of them. Very efficient!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:34 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Hey.

Go to "Downloads" -> "Sims 4" then under all the categories "Program and utilities" blablabla, there's this sentence "Latest Sims 4 Downloads : Showing 500 items" THEN under that there's this sentence "Customise your view with Compatible mode, Featured uploads, Favourites and more!". Click "show filters" (it's in blue)... Ohhh, well sh*t apparently they changed things. Before, you were able to tick expansions packs by clicking on "requires" for researches but apparently it doesn't work anymore. OK so what you gonna do is... you do what I told you and then click "Please click here to indicate which games you have on your profile." (it's in blue). It's gonna get you to your profile and there you tick all the expansion packs you have and you save. And then when you search for downloads, you tick "compatible downloads" so it'll give you only stuff where you own the expansions.

Thank you.