Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM
Default My Dream Mod - Movie Star Career
I am not sure how many of you ever played the short-lived game THE MOVIES. But I always wondered if we could incorporate that mechanics into the game.

Basically it would be a CAREER OPTION... Three branches

PRODUCER (investment)
Your household would be investing in a new film being shot at the local studio. Your SIM would gain or lose money based on if the film is a hit. You would gain tickets to the premiere. Ability to invite movie star to dinner. Have a cameo.
KEY SKILLS: Materialistic, gambler, movie fan, business sense

DIRECTOR (career)
You start off as a home video/Youtube director --> commercials --> indie movie --> TV --> Feature films. Your household also has a chance to invest in each project but will not get any returns. Like the Author Career, each director would be able to name their film, cast the film with people in your neighborhoods, pick location, buy bigger and better cameras. (all this done on family computer) Shooting the movie and the script would be done when the SIM goes to work.
Online movie business job board (director) unlocks when director gets to 'indie movie' position. Board would have 1) Find a project (new, based on book, indie); 2) location (your home, commercial lot, park, build set); 3) Stars (neighbors, family, NPCs).
KEY SKILLS: Creative/materialistic/photography

MOVIE STAR
You start off as a theatre actor --> social media status/popularity --> audition (meet or talk fellow Sims into casting your Sim) --> commercials --> indie movie --> TV --> Movies --> Award Winner
Finding projects would be an online movie business job board (actor section). Shows which sim is looking at making a movie. STAR has to meet that Sim to learn more. Networking would be key to moving the sim to the next stage of the career.
KEY SKILLS: Social media/charisma/friendships (networking)

The great thing about incorporating this kind of industry into the game is its already there in pieces. Almost all the careers Sims currently do could be given a show business angle. Painter could work on set design or makeup. Writer already has option to write screenplays. Business man could be a producer. Athlete could action star or stuntman. Critic would be film critic. Comedian to movie star. Musician to movie music. Chef as movie caterer. Tech Guru could be special effects or even director. Social Media could be movie star. Astronaut, doctor, detective could be a consultant.

Hire a service: You could have an acting coach come to your house to give you lessons.

Sims 4 has so much potential but it seems like it is never gonna catch SIMS 3 for ingenious content. Let me know your thoughts!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
I have The Movies and cannot get it to play. Honestly, I do not spend time speculating about things I am pretty sure will never be in the game.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:55 PM
If only Gurus ever listened to people's ideas, this sure could have the potential of taking a flight into the pack.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:38 PM
A mix between Superstar and The Movies would be a great expansion pack. Especially with other mechanics thrown in.

Acting & Directing/Producing, Modeling & Fashion Design, and Singing/Bands & Producing.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:09 PM
I'd be happy if The Movies were made available for a digital download, simply as it was, or maybe with some better graphics.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.