Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2023 at 4:44 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 23rd Nov 2023 at 6:36 AM.
Default OutGothing the Goths
Now that I have Pleasantville established (as a coastal subhood), I'm pondering how to populate it. Strangetown already has Bella Goth wandering around, and has had from the get-go. (She's probably an Alien-made clone, as she never seems to age.) So, do I want to put the rest of the Goths in Pleasantville, or would I rather add a family of my own creation from Sims 1?

This all started with the Pogo cartoons and a character called "Sarcophagus MacAbre". For some reason I was quite taken with the character, and when I started playing Sims 1 and wanted a family that was "more Gothy than the Goths", I came up with:

Sarcophagus MacAbre (father)
Danse MacAbre (nee DuVentre, mother)
Cenotaph MacAbre (son, twin)
Epitaph MacAbre (son, twin)
Seraph MacAbre (daughter, youngest child)

Needless to say, his profession was "mortician"!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Nov 2023 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
So, do I want to put the rest of the Goths in Pleasantville, or would I rather add a family of my own creation from Sims 1?

Why not do both? 🙂
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 3:56 AM
I'm adding my own revreations of Pleasantview family ancestors into Pleasant Valley and am starting my Pleasantview playthrough with it's founding in the 17th century and both of your ideas might work in your game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 5:34 AM
I think one set of Goth-types per neighborhood is enough (and it's Pleasantville, not Pleasantview, so it doesn't have to be all the same people).
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Dec 2023 at 1:57 AM
Oh my, I made a "McAbre" family myself in Pleasantview, now I feel like I accidentally ripped you off! Anyway, I agree, only one set of Goth-types per neighborhood, and I say... put 'em in!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2023 at 3:28 AM
Got the MacAbre family made, tweaked, and settled in Pleasantville in the restyled "Goth" mansion (the version that was re-created as a Second Empire Foursquare with different furnishings, wall treatments, landscaping and everything). Below is a not-very-good snapshot of the family.

It's not your imagination, Sarcophagus MacAbre strongly resembles a darker version of Sims 1 Mortimer Goth - that's because that's about all I had to work with. He has brown-black hair and brown eyes.
Danse MacAbre is a fair-skinned redhead with big blue eyes.
Cenotaph MacAbre came up with light brown hair, light skin and green eyes (which implied a recessive or two on somebody's side, probably Sarcophagus').
Epitaph MacAbre has dark hair, brown eyes, and is lighter than his father but darker than his mother. Cenotaph and Epitaph aren't twins, this go-round, but were born within a year of each other ("Irish twins").
Seraph MacAbre indicates there are recessives on both sides - she's a blue-eyed, fair-skinned blonde.

Sarcophagus has been pre-set as Level 3 (Funeral Attendant) in the Mortician career. Danse is "self-employed", i.e. stays home and keeps house (somebody has to). (I may set her to writing murder mysteries - she's got a good name for that. )
Screenshots