Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 10:43 PM
Mod Constructor Help
I'm making a script mod for the first time, using Mod Constructor V5, but I'm very confused on some things because there aren't many tutorials for V5.
For example, I'd like to make a computer interaction. The only element I think you can do this with is Super Interaction, but I'm still confused on how that works. Specifically I'd like an interaction in which a sim can research something on a computer and then be given a reward trait that I've made (either give it to them automatically or have a pop-up like when there's a pop-up that says "is it safe to say [sim] likes [preference]?" kind of, whichever way would be easier to design or you guys know how to do).
In addition to that, or instead of that, I'd like to make a menu you can get to by clicking on your sim where you can add my reward traits to your sim, a bit like adding Wicked Whims attributes. That one I have even less idea about how to do using Mod Constructor.
Basically, I'd really like some help, whether that be tutorials or lines of code I could edit and pop into a custom tuning element.
Thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 4:22 AM
I'm not familiar with Mod Constructor, mostly because non-scripted modding is very accessible in TS4. You may find it's actually easier to learn how to achieve this manually.
I'm sure it's a good introduction to modding, but you don't end up with the knowledge base that helps you know how to achieve more ambitious things. The proverb of being given a fish vs learning to fish, and all.

But if you find that it's useful to you for now, you might have some luck looking for somewhere that supports that tool specifically. I'm not sure if Zerbu has a forum or a community somewhere, there is a Discord that I'm not sure if it's for modding questions or what, but that would be a good place to start. Pretty quiet on the TS4 forums here, and it's hard to offer support for a specific tool.

Another option is that all of this could be achieved with Sims 4 Studio and a bit of time familiarizing yourself with XML and existing EA tuning.
Here's a new tutorial series that covers the same tools I use, not sure how indepth it is but I learned a lot from this creator's older tutorials: https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-tutorial-for-82731352
Even combine some of that knowledge to do what you can manually and import that into the framework set up by Mod Constructor.

Hope that points you in the right direction!

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.