Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#3801 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:41 PM
Well I just added the Ottomas family to my Beginning of Neighbourhood.

Not the original one, but a remake of them with Peter and Samantha as newlyweds and Peter's father, whom I've named Conrad (because I couldn't think of a different name) still being alive. I also gave them altered facial features from the preset selection I downloaded ages ago, because that was easier than extracting them. And because the orignal facial features have the tendency to produce goblin children (I don't mind non-conventionally attractive Sims, I do mind when they look like the cartoonishly "ugly" characters in old Archie comics)
Smantha is just pregnant with David. So he'll be slightly older than Beau Broke. Come to think about it, Beau and Sharla Ottomas might make a cute couple...

Also on that topic, Lucy Burb grew into a child and yeop, she inherited the gigantic nose John has in my neighbourhood, but it looks considerably smaller on a female sim. which is kind of a pity. Let's see what happens with John and Jennifer's second child that will be born next rotation.
Also, Don's younger sister, Esmeralda is an adult by now. Due to Don being an over-protective older brother (due to the way he treated his various "girlfriends") Esmeralda went through her whole teenagerhood without even having kissed a guy(or a girl). However, now she's all-grown up and living far away from her brother. And who was the first guy she fell for? Landon Wolff, who's just as much of a casanova wannabe as Don is Didn't even plan that, but he was in the welcoming wagon and she had three bolts with him, so...
THough it should be noted that Esmeralda is not a Romance sim, she's got the Fortune Aspiration. She's a working girl who's wants to make her mark on the business world. I don't think her relationship with Landon will last, rather, since Kaylynn Langerak is already married and has three sons in this neighbourhood, I'll have her be the woman with whom Daniel Pleasant cheats on Mary-Sue.

I've also had three alien abductions since the neighbourhood started, and each time it was a Sim who can't be impregnated by Aliens; the first was teenage Mortimer Goth, the other two were adult or elder women (Joy Oldie and Beatrice Buckingham) which is alright, since I wanted Aliens babies to be a new thing once the Game roughly approaches the Sims 2 era with the Pleasantview families. So in my storyline the Aliens are just trying to find the ideal hosts for their babies. The first one was too young (Mortimer) the second one to old (Beatrice) and the third one was the wrong sex for their needs (Joy Oldie) Let's see how long it will take until they catch one that they need an adult male .

I also wonder whether I should look for "futuristic" clothing and furniture to introduce in a few generations....
And I also introduced the secret Cowplant Cult yet either...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3802 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 2:55 PM
I haven't played in months. I was playing a rotating Pleasantview but have lost interest in it. I am thinking of starting a new megahood, at least with the Hoods that came with Super Collection. I had received the entire game from EA, but unfortunately my PC broke so I'm stuck with playing on my Mac for now.
Inventor
#3803 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:38 PM
Oof, I'm beginning to forget some of the things that have happened previously but I think (hope!) I've held on to the more interesting points. Not too far away from the Gavigans is the Picaso family. Matthew and Jessica live in military housing develop, where the homes are all cozy and stand straight like good little soldiers in a line. The places really aren't meant for expanding nor do they have much of a yard. But when you're young and your employer offers you a house on the cheap, you take what you can get. It does include the necessities, including two bedrooms big enough for a double bed each. This gave them enough room for at least one child. Two, if they didn't mind a little squeeze. Since I headcanon Jessica being infertile, she and Matthew soon decided to adopt. With no townies at the time to play DNA donors for a baby, they got a toddler instead. A little cutie by the name of Rod was brought to them the next day. With his blonde hair and light skin, one could just about mistake him for biological child of the two. There's just the fact that he has alien eyes. Considering how I tend to think of the relationship between the sim military and the aliens, that has some interesting implications.

Jessica and Matthew didn't care. They were over the moon about their new son! They were quick to roll wants for the teaching of toddler skills. They did still need to work, so a nanny was hired on to take care of him during while they were gone. He was a happy little lad, who almost made friends with the old woman who watched him and racked up a few skillpoints as his parents worked. Soon, though, Matthew and Jessica decided they got so much joy from Rod that they wanted another. And he wasn't even a child yet! I knew that a second child would make things a bit cramped, but it would also be the last child they would have, unless they could get enough money together to move out of the development. So Emengarda (Emma, for short) joined the family. She has light brown hair and light blue eyes and adorable chubby cheeks. Once again, Jessica and Matthew rolled teaching wants, even for the nursery rhyme! It was just a matter of deciding who would teach what. The two siblings got along swimmingly, so that once Rod aged up to child, he liked to interact and play with his little sister. Emma made friends with the nanny, as well. The house was somewhat cramped with the toddler stuff all strewn around, but by the end of the third week Emma aged up as well. And though the yard is quite small, the family has managed to put in wooden monkey bars and a sandbox.

Aside from the family stuff, Matthew got a promotion, though neither seem particularly fussed about rising in the ranks. They've met and made friends with others in hood, partly because of the Ramaswami parties. I don't believe anyone caught the flu, so that was good. They got a family vehicle near the end of their last turn, which they park in the alley behind the house.

-

The next in line is Julien Cooke, who lives on Main Street above his shop. From the start, he was going to have his own little business, though without the money to buy a separate place for both home and shop he had to settle for them being one and the same. It has been pretty rough. The building he bought was unfinished. The second floor didn't even have a floor! He poured what savings he had and his small wage from work into getting the place into some sort of usable space. For most of the first week, his stuff was scattered around the open first floor. Once he had enough to put flooring in upstairs, up went all the things to there and he worked on putting in a kitchen and bath on the first floor. Once he had things divided out there, he put in a couple of counters, a register, and a couple of display cases. He soon opened a rather small deli. He did his best to keep up with work and cooking things to sell. Unfortunately, it was quite slow, though several of the other sims did stop by to pick up some quick meals.

Julien eventually had to make a hard decision. The deli, as currently set up, just wasn't going very well. He could barely make enough stock to keep things running, which meant he wasn't making very much money. He just didn't have time. Several ideas flit through his head on what he could do. Boutique cafe? Quit his job and just go full time hoping he could stay afloat? Finally, an answer was presented to him. The city commerce council handed him a grant of $5,000 for renovations and stocking purposes, as part of their incentive to keep local businesses thriving. Julien decided to quit being the cook and stock food that could be sold quickly. Not that he intended to go for cheap, nasty things. Oh no. He was going quality. Artisan breads, well laid out deli trays, bakery goods, and a dash of ethnic food. Things ended up going so well, he had to hire a teen to handle the restocking! Some earlier decisions regarding business perks meant he couldn't start off with nice wholesale discounts, though he's now investing in them whenever he can. His profit margin is still incredibly thin (even more so with an employee) but he's able to continue working his day job without so much stress. Some day, he hopes to go back to cooking himself. But, for now, he's going to focus on building up a good business reputation. And maybe he'll get back in contact with that darling Camryn Lee.
Lab Assistant
#3804 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:53 AM
I've been playing Sims2 since the game first came out. Let me briing the reader up to date with where I'm at...
I started getting really serious about downloading cc for my game in 2014. Thanks to modthesims for that. Then my laptop crashed and never recovered. I had to start all over again. 4gb of Sims2 cc gone ! Not everything was on backup disks. Always backup the game. How many times have I read those words on this site ? Hmm...probably 50 times or more. Always back up the stuff in your game.
In Oct 2017, I hunted down all the Sims2 game packs and stuff packs so had a complete collection of the disks. (That also meant getting a better tower since mine dated back to the 2004 and wouldn't handle more than the base game. If you're wondering... Why not upgrade the tower ? I tried that...impossible limitations. Just could not be done.
By Dec 2017, my mission was complete ! After days and days of loading in tons of stuff, a few months later I had to pack up and move to a new home. Now, a year later.. Back on track with my game.

I just hate it when real life interrupts the game. Don't you ?
Lab Assistant
#3805 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 10:02 AM
Mod The Sims link Game Help:Back Ups
Test Subject
#3806 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:01 PM
A lot has been happening in my Veronaville!

Antonio Monty moved into an apartment (from the sim bin), unknowingly becoming neighbors with Regan and Cornwall Capp. He was saving up to buy a house, trying to raise his kids, and now was fighting with his neighbors. He lost his job in the culinary career due to a bad chance card. He and the twins (now teens) moved out of their apartment and into the Monty Ranch, sans Mercutio who had moved to college. After a few days Patrizio had passed away, and Isabella lived just long enough to see her beloved pet malamute Abbey give birth to two half-wolf puppies, a boy and a girl, who were given to Beatrice and Benedick. She passed on the Ranch and the Monty Family Restaurant to Antonio as part of his inheritance. Romeo moved to college.

At the Capps', Tybalt had left for college and Juliet was due to go as well. Left alone in the house were Hermia and Consort, whose own days were numbered. Knowing this, he worked hard to fulfill his lifetime wish of becoming a business tycoon, then at the end of winter they decided to throw a New Year's party and Capp family reunion. Everyone showed up except Kent, who had run away and married Bianca Monty, becoming Kent Monty and having a son named Paris Monty. Unwilling to leave Hermia alone, and Capp Manor without an heiress, Consort had Goneril and her sizeable brood move in (to his slight chagrin). He hasn't passed away yet, but has about 3 days left. After the party, Hermia moved to college. Hal Capp aged up into a teen and Ariel into a child, and Goneril and Albany had their 5th child, Philip Capp. Regan and Cornwall had their first and only child, Cornelia Capp, and Cornwall aged into an elder after she aged into a teen.

The Summerdreams had gotten married and Blossom (formerly known as Bottom) had aged up into a teen. Oberon and Titania had their first biological daughter, Hippolyta. Puck had gone steady with Hermia at one of their parties, and Mercutio's crush on her remained a secret to them. He is still in love with her, but no longer has the crush status. Puck moved to college.

Tybalt and Mercutio, now juniors in Academie Le Tour, were joined by their siblings and Puck. Mercutio still argues occasionally with Juliet, but still holds a torch for Hermia. She and Puck have difficulty finding time for each other in college, and she feels a little neglected (she keeps rolling wants to be flirted with, etc., but not by Puck in particular). Romeo and Tybalt often annoy each other, but he and Juliet love each other. She wants to get engaged to him, but he is in no hurry, especially in college where there are so many opportunities for him to /expand his horizons/. So far, he's only looked at other girls but ultimately is faithful to Juliet. Hermia, as well, is still feeling something for Mercutio, rekindled by moving into the same dorm, and rolling fears of falling out of love with him, and wants to talk to him. Tybalt, having grown closer to Mercutio due to the many parties they often hold in their dorm, and being classmates (both major in Political Science), is annoyed by the affection he's showing his sister. But the pink heart next to Mercutio's name shows that it isn't just protective brotherly instinct...

Back in Veronaville, Blossom met Beatrice and Benedick Monty, and Hal Capp at one of the Summerdream parties. She is becoming friends with Bea, and has 2 bolts with Benedick and 3 with Hal (!!), but more often speaks to and autonomously flirts with Benedick. She introduced Beatrice to Hal and they are hitting it off famously. Blossom had her first kiss with Benedick and is thinking of going steady with him.

Welp, sorry for the novel, but I'm quite excited with where my Veronaville characters are going. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#3807 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:57 PM
I’ve been still following this post- and I’m glad everyone is still playing and sharing!

I recently had an epiphany about when I first started playing TS2 over ten years ago and how the longest legacy I had was with Johnny and Ophelia Smith. I went generations and generations with them. They’re my favorite couple. So, I cloned them and plopped them down into a new hood called Cactus Valley. I plan to play them like a prosperity challenge, I’ll just populate the whole hood with their descendents. Ophelia wants six kids. They currently have 4. Noah, Lucy and the twins, Ruby and Zane. Johnny has been working on reaching the top of Journalism, while O has been watching the kids while still trying to maintain her job as a teacher. I tried sharing pictures, but of course imgur is having uploading issues the ONE time I try to upload.. ugh. I’ll share some pix tomorrow if it’s fixed by then!
Lab Assistant
#3808 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:52 AM Last edited by rollingstarr : 14th Dec 2018 at 5:20 AM.
Started my Megahood. So far I've played the Montys.

Bianca: Joined the Education Career to fulfill her LTW of becoming an Education Minster. Her welcome wagon included Nervous, Pascal and Jenny. She also met Malcolm Landgraab as he had walked by. He could be a possible husband, but we'll see. Oberon had invited himself over the next day. After flirting (thanks to ACR), Bianca had her first kiss with him.

Patrizio's household: Because I used Pleasantview as my main hood, the usual "Romeo wants to make out with Juliette" dialogue box popped up. I invited her over and she brought Tybalt along. Mercutio picked a fight with Tybalt, which he lost. Besides that, nothing interesting happened. Patrizio and Isabella have always been boring to me.

Antonio: Welcome Wagon had included Nervous, Dina Caliente and Jenny Smith. For whatever reason, I had been hoping Dina and Antonio would have had chemistry. They actually had a negative bolt. Despite using familyfunds to allow them to afford one of the houses by the Monty Ranch, they have an entire 80 simoleons. Antonio doesn't work for another two days too.

EDIT: Played the Summerdreams and didn't want to make another post.

Puck's party still happened. In that same party, he had his first kiss with Hermia, went steady with her and then saw her flirting with Mercutio. While Puck slapped Hermia, Juliette started a fight with Mercutio. Ironically, it was still a successful party, despite Puck's broken heart and the multiple fights that took place. Titania is pregnant with her first biological child with Oberon. Puck also befriended Ripp Grunt.
Top Secret Researcher
#3809 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
Started my Megahood. So far I've played the Montys.

Bianca: Joined the Education Career to fulfill her LTW of becoming an Education Minster. Her welcome wagon included Nervous, Pascal and Jenny. She also met Malcolm Landgraab as he had walked by. He could be a possible husband, but we'll see. Oberon had invited himself over the next day. After flirting (thanks to ACR), Bianca had her first kiss with him.

Patrizio's household: Because I used Pleasantview as my main hood, the usual "Romeo wants to make out with Juliette" dialogue box popped up. I invited her over and she brought Tybalt along. Mercutio picked a fight with Tybalt, which he lost. Besides that, nothing interesting happened. Patrizio and Isabella have always been boring to me.

Antonio: Welcome Wagon had included Nervous, Dina Caliente and Jenny Smith. For whatever reason, I had been hoping Dina and Antonio would have had chemistry. They actually had a negative bolt. Despite using familyfunds to allow them to afford one of the houses by the Monty Ranch, they have an entire 80 simoleons. Antonio doesn't work for another two days too.

EDIT: Played the Summerdreams and didn't want to make another post.

Puck's party still happened. In that same party, he had his first kiss with Hermia, went steady with her and then saw her flirting with Mercutio. While Puck slapped Hermia, Juliette started a fight with Mercutio. Ironically, it was still a successful party, despite Puck's broken heart and the multiple fights that took place. Titania is pregnant with her first biological child with Oberon. Puck also befriended Ripp Grunt.

I like reading about other people's games, even if I don't always comment.

Me I use Inge Jones' Mortage Shrubs instead of using a money cheat.

Have Antonio Paint and sell it or write a novel, that is what I would do.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3810 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:54 PM
I also usually use the mortgage shrubs, but other options include Monique's computers and Cyjon's loan jar.

If I want a sim to make a living from painting, I use Fractured Moonlight's modded easels since they allow for continuous painting.
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...22238#msg722238
Scholar
#3811 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 18th Dec 2018 at 12:44 AM.
What happened so far in Week 1/2 of Belladonna Cove in my new version of my Uberhood in order of my rotation:

Instructor
#3812 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:50 PM
So as a child I never had ACR- I never played romance Sims either because, you know, I was a kid. So since I'm on an S2 kick I decided to try it out because its such a famous mod. Lazlo and Erin got married and I sent them on a honeymoon, so it was pretty cute to see them interacting romantically while they were out. I switch over to the Beakers after Lazlo and Erin get back (with Bigfoot in tow of course) and they would not. Stop. Trying for a baby. I kept my eye off them long enough and they finally got what they wanted. I wasnt really planning on giving them a baby anytime soon so I don't really know how to go about it. I was going to move Nervous out but since he keeps rejecting Cassandra every time she asks him to move in I might keep him around as a nanny? He is a family Sim after all, he likes babies. And despite being best friends with Cas he obviously doesn't wanna live in his dead mom's ghost infested house with her. Blah, these Sims never like my plans for them.
Top Secret Researcher
#3813 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel
So as a child I never had ACR- I never played romance Sims either because, you know, I was a kid. So since I'm on an S2 kick I decided to try it out because its such a famous mod. Lazlo and Erin got married and I sent them on a honeymoon, so it was pretty cute to see them interacting romantically while they were out. I switch over to the Beakers after Lazlo and Erin get back (with Bigfoot in tow of course) and they would not. Stop. Trying for a baby. I kept my eye off them long enough and they finally got what they wanted. I wasnt really planning on giving them a baby anytime soon so I don't really know how to go about it. I was going to move Nervous out but since he keeps rejecting Cassandra every time she asks him to move in I might keep him around as a nanny? He is a family Sim after all, he likes babies. And despite being best friends with Cas he obviously doesn't wanna live in his dead mom's ghost infested house with her. Blah, these Sims never like my plans for them.

When was playing Nervous I did not want to live in my dead mom's house surrounded by ghosts either, so I moved them all to Gothier Green. Also I changed Nervous' name to Arlo Specter.

In My game I had spent a week or so recently playing the Study Or Die Challenge, https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.com/SOD-Rules Wow was it hard! I did finally complete it after 14 tries and I think I did good to get two sims graduated. I created 6 Sims based on the Sims in The Sims Bustin' Out, mostly because that game was the first Sims game I ever played and I love it. I had Dudley Landgraab as the Ghost in the House and I had Mimi Landgraab, Paisley Rainbow, Goldie Toane, Max Toane and Randy Hart as my challenge Sims. I managed to get Paisley Rainbow and Randy Hart to graduate and then I brought back all of the dead Sims back to life including Dudley. Then I moved Paisley Rainbow and Randy Hart to a house in Riverblossom Hills {shopping version} in my Ãœberhood. Then I spent a litte time choosing a major and so on for Dudley and Mimi Landgraab, Goldie Toane, Max Toane. I need to find matches for them, but I have not done so as yet so I left them in their house and switched to playing the Sorority Sisters and the Frat Brothers and the Coed Greek House for a time, I switch back and forth. I don't know how long, as long as I have a number of Sims that I want to get graduated basically. Did several so far, when I get enough graduated to suit me, I am going to be back in the rest of my Ãœberhood and do a rotation there. It takes me a very long time to do a complete rotation as I have over 100 households and I go by events when I do a round, usually when a Sim goes to University or Dies from old age. Something like that.

I hope that everyone's game is going well and working like it is supposed to for you all. Mine is doing well.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#3814 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 12:20 AM
Megahood update. Played the Capp and Ramaswami families.

Consort's household: Juliette and Romeo are now going steady after she had invited him over. Tybalt and Consort tormented Romeo, as usual. Hermia befriended Melody Tinker, which I think it's fitting for this two to be friends. This is what I love about Megahoods.

Goneril's household: Their Welcome Wagon included Nervous, Olive, and Stella Roth. Albany joined the Journalism career, despite his wife not being too thrilled about it. Miranda invited Mercutio over after school and they are now in love, however, she rolled the want to have 3 lovers at once. She also joined the Slacker career. Goneril's LTW is to Become the Hall of Famer, but this has not come up as a Career choice yet. She's almost in aspiration failure because of this.

Regan's household: For whatever reason, they didn't get a Welcome Wagon. Not sure what that's about but oh well. Cornwall and Kent frequently fight with one another. Kent is currently in the Science Career. Cornwall is in the Criminal Career. Regan joined the Business Career but is currently pregnant with her first child so has not gone to work yet. Kent will likely move out when the baby is born.

Ramaswami: I moved them into Veronaville because I imagined them wanting to live somewhere like it. It always bothered me Sanjay's LTW is to become the Rock God and that Maxis put him in a suit so he got an appropriate makeover. I'm surprised they're even alive. Before I had even bought them a phone or fire alarm, Sanjay managed to catch the stove on fire. It took me about 4 attempts to get them to extinguish it. Their Welcome Wagon included Titania, Cornwall and Regan.

I also am switching between normal hoods and the Uni hoods. I started playing Académie Le Tour. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail with the premade Uni Sims for now. Delilah O'Feefe and Allegra Gorey are dating. Marla Biggs and Edwin Sharpe have two chemistry bolts so there's a high chance I pair them together.
Scholar
#3815 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 6:17 AM
The Hon. Sandra Roth has graduated and is looking forward to her wedding with Prince David.

Jules O'Mackey had an unexpected windfall, which has enabled her to take care of her tuition fees and move out of the dorm and into private housing.

Chaz Whippler decided he really just couldn't be bothered, so he dropped out and is now living in a cheap apartment in Belladonna Cove. It was only when he got there that it occurred to him he would now have to get a job, which would be way more work than hanging around at college! Still, he has his eye on a red-haired dormie, Regina, who should be moving in with him in another rotation or two. Maybe she'll have some money, and then he won't have to work.

Ellen and Phineaus are engaged and have one semester to go. Ellen's been getting lots of temporary jobs and has saved up quite a bit of money. I don't think they'll have quite enough to buy a house as soon as they graduate, but they won't need to rent for more than a week.

Delilah Indie still has several days to go for her PhD (maxing out 7 skills), but has decided to complicate things by getting pregnant. Mitch has graduated and is working full-time in the military, so at least they won't have any financial problems.

Justin Cleveland has just arrived at college with $25,000 burning a hole in his pocket. Normally, that would go straight for tuition fees, but since he had a teen job in the military and his LTW is to become General, the military is picking up the tab. So far, they've just paid for him to do a two-year diploma, but if his grades are good enough they'll pay for a full degree.

IRL it's 2.15 am and I have a history exam tomorrow afternoon (or this afternoon, depending how you look at it). I seriously need to x out my 'play' icon and send myself to bed!
Inventor
#3816 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:50 PM
I took a brief break from playing to furnish out a couple more of my Main Street buildings. Thanks to the recent chalkboard deco upload, I was able to finish out the Learning Center and make it look more like what it's meant to be. It could still use a bit more themed clutter but it's all nicely laid out. Next door went in Storybook Pets and Storybook Dessert Cafe. The cafe isn't quite what I want, so it's acting more as a placeholder until I can see if there's some CC that will accomplish what I want. In another block of buildings, the Main Street Library and Museum went in by Gingham Groceries and the Red and White Cafe. I already have some ideas for tweaking it though it will have to wait for a little later. I've found I stress less and enjoy it more if I allow myself to do the building and decorating in steps, rather than try to do it all at once.

After working on the community lots, I checked in on the Ramaswami family. The live next door to Julien Cooke, in a brownstone inspired home. I've found they tend to be very contrary little sims. If I put them in a small house, they want children. I put them in one that has more than enough room, they decide nah, they'd rather not! This hood it has been the latter. All that money sunk into a three bedroom townhouse and they have yet to roll even one baby want. I even gave them Family secondaries as soon as I could! For the most part, they split their time between going to work, making friends, and throwing parties. I don't recall exactly who was in their welcome wagon, but they made friends with their neighbor Julien. After he renovated his shop, they ended up buying several trays of things. Which really proved useful for when they brought friends home from work or threw another one of their get togethers. One of those threatened to wreak some havoc as they had invited Trisha Traveller when she was sick with the flu. She kept running to the bathroom, poor woman. Fortunately, it seems only Priya ended up sick, though that could have ended up badly as well as she ended up as a visitor on another home lot later.

I'd say the most interesting thing was that something seems to have gone wonky with their jealousy. Sanjay was slightly naughty while elsewhere, sneaking a kiss from Nikki Zhang. I knew I'd have to keep an eye on him. Well, he brought her home from work. Several times. And the cheeky bugger started flirting with her one afternoon while Priya was at work. I kept an eye on the clock, waiting to see if Priya would come home and catch her husband cheating. So imagine my surprise when she came home, he continued to flirt with Nikki, and Priya didn't react at all! A quick check of the ACR controller revealed that their jealousy levels were set to my default for their aspiration (Steady-Engaged). I halted regular play to do some testing. While Priya didn't react to anything ACR directed, she flipped her lid anytime I directed Sanjay to do anything, even if it was the exact same action. Thinking that the three new relationship mod files I had dropped in might have been the cause, I took them out and tested. Nope, same reactions. I hopped over to my test hood but couldn't get anything conclusive out of it. In that case I used the Traveller and Gavigan families, since I knew Mary and Trent have a three bolt attraction. But while Mary seemed willing to go on with Trent at first, she rejected him as soon as Nathan woke up, which doesn't trigger jealousy with my usual suite of mods. Back in the regular hood, Neil Chalmers came in uninvited and kept trying to flirt with Priya but she was having none of it. Since I have so few cheaters and I can't easily test (as it's necessary to let the sims initiate things), I'm going to just keep watch and see if it happens to others or if it's just a glitch with them.

-

Away from Main Street and a little into the nicer parts of the town, the Wilkie family lives in Cozy Square. It's a little block of rental houses that makes for a nice small community. Leo Wilkie used to live in The Good Home, which Herbert and Faith Goodie established for elders of the hood. While he enjoyed being there, as an elder unmarried Family sim he yearned for love and a family of his own. While fellow housemate Christa Hsu could potentially help with the love part (if he could woo her away from Troy Go), she was too old to give him children. The idea of allowing them to get together and adopt children they might not live to completely raise was a bit too sad, though, so I looked for another solution. Not too long after, Leo met Christy Toyonaga, whom he quickly took a shine to. Maybe a bit too quickly. Knowing he didn't have time to dally, Leo invited Christy out on a date, they fell in love, and he both proposed to and married her. They had the briefest ceremony at St. Michael's with only random visitors as their witnesses. Not that Leo cared! Poor Christy thought she had married a rich sim, given the total worth of the household. Alas, there was simply no room for future children there, and they ended up leaving with less money than Christy herself brought in!

Fortunately, the Goodies and the others in that home are mostly all friends and the couple got back money so that they had Christy's $9000 plus about $6000 more (giving them a total budget of $15000). While some of it has gone to rent, bills, and necessities, most of it is being kept banked. As morbid as it might be, Christy knows full well how old her husband is and she needs to be mindful of the future. Wasting no time, they quickly tried for baby and three days later she gave birth to twin boys Kenny and Hank. When he was at the Good Home, Leo had taken on a job in the Natural Science career. With twin boys, however, he decided to retire, staying home to take care of them as Christy works. He gets a bit distracted, what with his Pleasure secondary, but he loves his kids. A little forgetfulness (on my part) had them aging up to toddlers without a cake, though they're so busy they didn't much notice. By the end of the third week, both boys have been potty trained and learned to walk. Just teaching to talk is left. And sadly, Leo has passed the halfway mark on his age bar.
Instructor
#3817 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:07 PM
Tried the Asylum Challenge for the first time. My guy only had one more promotion to achieve his LTW and finish the challenge when he got killed by a ghost :/ Anticlimactic
Forum Resident
#3818 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 6:13 PM
I'm considering doing a more realistic Uberhood. No witches, no aliens, rather than being alien pregnant, Pascal's kid is from a one night stand and gets left on the doorstep.

Change the Smith family into an ordinary family, remove ghosts, and the like.

Too boring? Maybe. Maybe not. Hmm...

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Forum Resident
#3819 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 8:02 PM
I might have finally started a neighbourhood I haven't messed up, and reached the semi-end of rotation 2 in Pleasantview.

Cassandra and Don got married, and on the same day Bella showed up and re-married with Mortimer. Don made for a suprisingly caring father to his daughter , Elizabeth "Lizzie" Goth, though he wasn't exactly good at parenting when she was a baby. Alexander aged up to teen and became a romance sim along with his childhood friend, Alicia. They had a short-lived romance, after which he and Nicole Oldie started going out - a lot. At the end, Cassandra and Don had their second child, Edward Goth.

Dina didn't bat an eyelid after Mortimer's wedding, and moved on to her next candidate: Wyatt "Mr. Big" Cyd. They got married, and had a roof-raising wedding party - probably due to Nina seducing townie Komei upstairs. Dina and Wyatt moved into a Moroccan mansion and started to live a party-filled life, not interrupted by the birth of their twins, Evita and Felicia Caliente (Cyd looked horrible as a name so they took Caliente). Nina then moved into Don's old house, and became a hermit knowledge sim for she cannot be with her one true love, Don (original plan was nun but couldn't be bothered to find clothes). Although a little interaction might change her mind about her lifestyle...

Dirk became a warlock and studied the path of darkness to resurrect Darleen as a zombie. Darren and Darleen remarried, and soon later Darleen was cured of being a zombie and turned back to normal. She is currently working in showbiz.

Brandi started a 10 babies challenge of which she already has 5 children: Dustin, who was kicked out of the local mafia, stole a servo, and started on his criminal ways again when he aged up to adult, Beau, a family sim who started dating townie Meadow before he went off to college (5 children in the house AND good grades? you deserve it), Cecily, who recently became a popularity teen, and babies Erin and Flora (the father is of course Don). The servo, named Servo by Brandi's 0 creativity points, that Dustin stole as a teen helped them with finances and taught the children to study while Brandi was too busy being pregnant.

John and Jennifer had another girl named Kelly, who was, to quote Patricia Hodge from an episode of Miranda, "such an ugly baby". Lucy became a knowledge-popularity teen, and saw off one of her townie friends, Kea move off to college without her (whoops). She discovered a love for literature in her teenage years, while Jennifer picked up salsa dancing, and John cultivated his love for nature with Kelly, who has a weird thing for bugs.

Daniel got caught cheating with Kaylynn by Mary-Sue (what a surprise), and after a long time of tension between the two, the twins going off to college, and Daniel getting fired for mishandling a piano and breaking a sportsman's wrist, they finally divorced. Mary-Sue got back into the dating scene and started seeing townie Amin. They probably won't get married, though. Daniel went to live with his sister until he manages to get back on his feet.

The Oldies adopted a child named Nicole who grew up to be a pleasure teen who looked a lot like Sabrina Spellman on a better day. She started repairing cars as a teen, and built her own car with the help of Herb. She also went steady with Alexander, much to his dismay. Sadly, Herb also passed away, but left a hefty inheritance, which will surely help Nicole when she comes back from college.

In Sim State University, Angela got a make-over and joined the Tri-Var House of Future Townies (unofficial name), but she's still faithful to Dustin - for now.

Lilith made some friends as a teen, and moved off to uni with Dirk, Ivy, Kea, and Ricky. They first lived in a dorm, then rented a small house, then moved into a bigger house with their scholarship money, where Kea started a cult warshipping The Void. Their slogan is "One day, we will all be consumed by The Void.". She seems to be having a much better time in college than her sister - oh how the turntables.

All that's left of this round is to complete the first year of the new arrivals at uni and the second yea of the old students.
Lab Assistant
#3820 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 8:14 PM
My uberhood-rotation came to Pleasantview and later Strangetown. The pattern of Pleasantview seemed to be success & dating.

I started as usual with my neutral warlock Justin Kim, the long-haired knowledge/romance sexiness apart from town in a small shed. He has a successful date with a highly pregnant Sandra Wirth and got promoted in his paranormal career.
At the Oldies, Herb fulfilled his wish for woohoo with three different Sims with Chastity Gere and found a new spider for his collection, while Coral went to work. She had a small family party later and became best friends with both of her grand daughters, who got along well too. At the Pleasants, Marie-Sue got her wished promotion as an architect and Daniel got into the zone on his train table, together with his good friend Luis Aspir. The Burbs seemed really happy, considering that they have both their affairs: Jennifer fell in love with Nina for good and John rolled the wish to play with Jolene, the secret daughter he has with Brandi, who lives now with her children in Riverblossom Hills.Lucy has no idea about her parentÂ’s cheating and she doesnÂ’t come after them, but she also doesnÂ’t care much about her boyfriend Alexander Goth, as she only rolled wishes about money and skilling for college. They are both fortune sims, but handle it differently.
Speaking of him, he rolled the wish to have a date with her in his household, so I let them have it and they have their first dream date (the other two were interrupted by his job). Mortimer was busy with teaching his third child Mortricia how to walk and sing, while his wife Dina went to her first day in her dream job in the oceanography career after giving birth – and getting her promotion. At Cassandra and Darren Dreamer’s, Cassandra went to work first time after giving birth too, and Darren stayed at home with their twins Hekate and Morpheus and teached them some toddler skills too. Both he and his wife rolled the wish for another baby, and they tried with success.
Don Lothario had his usual date, this time with Betty Goldstein (last date was with her BFF and lover Catherine Viejo) and he got also lucky with a chance card and got promoted. Nina Caliente had both him and her new lover Jennifer over, as she is pregnant in her third trimester from Don. She is still very much into fitness and after all, it was the most calm household of the town this round.

The Pleasantview college kids at SSU had a bit more action; both Angela Pleasant and her roomie Dirk Dreamer had their first woohoo last round at college parties thanks to ACR, but not with the sims they are dating. So I let Angela invite both her partners over, boyfriend since highschool Tank Grunt and Joshua Ruben, who seduced her at his frat's party. I let her scoop the room and she still has the hots for Tank, so they had a date and woohoo'd their first time, and seemed very happy with each other :lovestruc . In Dirk's case, it was the other way around. Random townie girlfriend lost against party fling Gabriella Newson, so I guess the old relationship is over to make place for a new one. Both finished their second year and I changed Angela's aspiration to fortune, since she strikes me as the more ambitious type and is already "Superstar on Campus", other than her twin sister Lilith, wo spent most time in College until now with learning and spending time with fiancé Dustin Broke. I decided that they need more friends, so they had two parties, and after the second year was finished, Dustin's aspiration changed to popularity.

So, I wanted to continue with Strangetown, but I lost a family member in real life and wasnÂ’t in the mood for all the happy families . To distract myself, I started building and decorating, in which I usually suck. So, so far for Strangetown, I redecorated two community lots and built a new apartment complex.
Mad Poster
#3821 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 8:33 PM
Lana Mann and Rich Mann both died, and Junior finally married. In that order.

This Junior is a whole heck-of-a-lot brighter than his parents ever guessed. He and new, much younger, wife, Marsha, are on honeymoon in Twikkii and working on baby #1. He's at nine days to elder, she's a new adult--townie teen-dormie-to-adult in five minutes. He thinks high level jobs are unattractive, her LTW is marry off six kids, match made in heaven!

He's got $200,000 for renovating the Mannsion, he's one level from the top of the architecture career, as far as he knows Marsha never met his parents at all--she did, in fact, work in the criminal career as a teen townie, so this may be quite wrong--but so far it looks like Widespot won't know what tornado hit the Mannsion in two days when they get back!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#3822 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 12:41 AM
Megahood update, Pleasantview edition. Decided to not go into detail for every household and just mention the highlights.

Bella was found and immediately moved back in with her family, remarrying Mortimer. Cassandra became pregnant with Don's child. As soon as Don found out Bella was back, he ended things with Cassandra. After all, the least amount of drama in his life, the better. He just wanted to focus on the ladies. He's not aware of Cassandra's pregnancy yet.

Brandi Broke has fallen for both Darren Dreamer and Cyd Roseland. It'll be up to her who she ends up with. However, Darren quickly hit it off with Florence Delarosa. I want to see what Brandi's wants are the next rotation before I decide who she ends up with.

In the Pleasant household, Daniel has so far remained a faithful husband.

Also played Sim State University.

I always randomize Gender Preferences. Out of the Frat brothers household, Castor is the only one who is straight. I turned Jealousy Off on this lot because Ashley Pitts is a romance Sim. He so far has woohooed with both Kevin and Joshua. Kevin is in love with both Ashley and Tiffany Sampson.

Ty Bubbler mysteriously passed away. (I'm not a fan of his genetics. However, I only am letting myself kill off one Sim I'm not a fan of). Jared Starchild and Sam Thomas are now a couple.
Scholar
#3823 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 12:43 AM
What happened so far in Week 1/2 of Viper Canyon in my new version of my Uberhood in order of my rotation:

Lab Assistant
#3824 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 11:14 PM
Is it obvious I'm on winter break because of how often I'm making updates? I do also only play two day rotations because it keeps me more interested.

On to Strangetown:

Johnny Smith, Ophelia Nigmos, and Tank Grunt have all moved to college. Johnny and Ophelia plan on renting a house together and Tank plans on living in the dorms.

Ripp Grunt had his first kiss with Puck Summerdream. However, as a Romance Sim, he had no intention on going steady with him. Besides, Puck still has feelings for Hermia, despite catching her flirting with Mercutio at his party.

In the Curious household, Pascal gave birth to his alien daughter, who he named Luna. Lazlo Curious is now dating Crystal Vu (which now if I'm thinking about it, I believe her name was changed due to it being a Megahood. I'm too lazy to check) Pascal invited Nervous over. I always pair them together so I didn't hesitate to allow it to happen.

I decided to break up Circe and Loki Beaker. I have a mod that allows you to break up any time. They might be my least favorite pairing in the game. I can't tell you why. I've just never been a huge fan of them. Circe moved out. Nervous had invited Pascal over and proposed to him. Nervous also moved out at the end of this rotation and is now living with Olive.

Previously I had said Daniel Pleasant had remained a faithful husband. That was true, until he met Chloe Curious. Lola Curious brought a townie back from work. (I forgot who) They quickly hit it off.

I also placed the Kim Family in Strangetown. Nothing particularly interesting has happened with them yet. Cynthia had become Pregnant but I canceled it due to the fact I already have several pregnancies just from this first rotation.
Lab Assistant
#3825 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:54 AM
I'm currently putting together a hybrid hood that contains a mixture of characters and locations from The Sims 1(PC) and The Sims Bustin' Out(console). It's actually been a pretty fun project so far, and I can't wait to play around with these characters once it's done.
Page 153 of 350