Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 6:32 PM
Default Resizing lots...
Anybody know how to resize a lot, after building on it? If that is a cheat available I seemed to have missed it...

Thanx

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 8:37 AM
Anybody? Still don't have an answer to this question....
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 4:52 PM
Default Where do people get 2X2 lots?
I would really like to be able to build on 2X2 lots, but I have no idea how to get them...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 4:54 PM
Search the official exchange for "2x2"
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 4:59 PM
But how do they get them?

I mean, there has to be an original. Do you HAVE to download them and remove everything to build on it? What about community lots? You cannot change a lot type once its placed. Isnt there a way to chooseit like you can with the other lot sizes?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 5:03 PM
They came with the game, but weren't included in the final thing so they were hidden in the folders. There is something you do to extract them or whatever, but I dun remember.

They also have blank lots...2x2, 2x4, whatever else.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 6:54 PM
Here you are.. a 2x2 size lot all for you

Greetz Erwin :wave:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  leeg 1.rar (307.2 KB, 345 downloads) - View custom content

smaller,faster,better....
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 7:28 PM
Aha, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Dec 2004 at 7:39 PM
You are welcome
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 12:37 AM
That's because I don't think there is an answer.

You *might* be able to package a lot back into the bin and then SimPE it to a larger size, but I doubt it. I strongly suspect that the format is sufficiently complicated to make that nearly impossible to get right.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:11 AM
Be careful, I downloaded the lot on this thread and I can't use it. Every time I try it crashes my game
Forum Resident
#12 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:12 AM
Can a lot by itself be resized--like down to a 1X1?
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 9:27 PM
Would the house like, shrink?XD
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 12:49 AM
Any way to make custom shaped empty lots?
1*2
2*1
2*2
2*3
2*4
2*5
3*1
1*3
6*6
7*7
etc
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 1:51 PM
And its full of hacks, so I'm not really surprised it crashed your games jadamay. Thank you modders for the Clean Installer...
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 6:37 PM
I think you package up one of the Maxis 2x2 lots, and use that as your "starter" lot by importing it into a neighborhood of your choosing. Of course, with this method, some bulldozing is required....
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uecasm
That's because I don't think there is an answer.

You *might* be able to package a lot back into the bin and then SimPE it to a larger size, but I doubt it. I strongly suspect that the format is sufficiently complicated to make that nearly impossible to get right.

Woah woah. Back up there. Can you explain how to do that? Please?
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jan 2005 at 5:00 PM
In Pleasantview, near the Water Tower there is a small shack which is 2x2 in size. If you package this lot you can then put it in another neighbourhood and bulldoze everything, and there's your 2x2x lot!

I've heard there's also a huge 7x6 lot somwehere, but I can't find it.

Apparently you can also create your own sized lots with SimPE...but I don't know how...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 5:41 PM
Questions/Thoughts Regarding Lot Size and Resizing
To help clean up the build forums, and to make the information easier to access for all, we are merging all old threads of like topics into 1 sticky . These sticky threads should serve to answer all questions regarding the topic.

Please do not start a new thread about this topic, please post it in this thread Doing this will make it easier for you to get an answer, as well as help to keep the forum easier to use for all

Thanks All

WF
#20 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sash
In Pleasantview, near the Water Tower there is a small shack which is 2x2 in size. If you package this lot you can then put it in another neighbourhood and bulldoze everything, and there's your 2x2x lot!

It's the Broke family lot. I think you need to manually deconstruct this house rather than bulldozing it. Doesn't bulldozing eliminate the lot totally?
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sash
Apparently you can also create your own sized lots with SimPE...but I don't know how...
No, no, you misinterpreted what I said. All I meant was that since a lot is a package (or at least you can package it as a package), then it's theoretically possible to edit that package and change stuff about it.

It could be as simple as a "size" field somewhere that you can change. But I seriously doubt it. It's far more likely that there are large data structures and things about each grid cell, and so to resize the lot you'd have to (a) know the exact format of all those structures, and (b) add/remove the appropriate entries. (b) would be very complicated, especially because I'm pretty sure that nobody knows (a) yet.

So from a practical sense, I doubt you can use SimPE (at least not unless you're a skilled hacker). But I've never really looked at it very hard, so who knows..?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 12:50 AM
Custom sized lots would really be a good addition - especially small ones. I am not a hacker so I could never do it, but its very high on my wish list!
#23 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 3:00 PM
how do you download the house
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 5:56 PM
Custom-sized lots and the ability to place lots next to each other with no space between - quickly moving to the top of my modding wishlist Is this even a possibility?

I love the apts, trailer parks, and flats people have managed to make all on the same lots (and the door locks, beds, and multi-people hacks that make it at least possible) but to make it really look like a city, I think I need the game to recognize that they're different lots.

A New York luxury apartment house from the 1930s has 127 floors Ok, I don't want 127 floors even *with* the mod, but even if I only do 4 apts and put 4 people in each of them, that's 16 people and it bogs my game down (aside from crashes and glitches)... Also lots of city type buildings don't have any space between the buildings at all.

So, think modding this stuff is even possible, so we might ever have it?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jan 2005 at 7:13 AM
I heard there will be a new cheat soon that will let you make an unlimited number of floors. So 127 floors could be possible in the very near future.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2