Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 7:06 AM
Default Grim Reaper Funtime
I should start by saying that this is my first post and I’m not a coder, modder or gamer. TS4 is my first contact with any of this. The stuff you guys are producing convinced me that this could be rather amusing, so thank you all! One of the things I keep seeing is that NPCs, especially Grim Reaper, can’t or should never be played. OK... challenge accepted. Doing this hasn’t borked my system but just in case, back up your game.

1. Start a new game and create an expendable Sim (Lisa Expendable) and move her into a house. Save and manage worlds. Click her house and Manage Household. Move her in with the Goths.
2. Click on the Goth residence and Manage Household / Add or Delete. To produce a nice tidy family, I delete Mortimer and Alexander. Play the Goths.

3. Lisa’s name is Expendable for a reason… select, shift+click / kill. I find electrocution the most visually appealing, but the choice is yours.

4. As soon as Grim is done with his ritual select one of the Goths and shift+click / add to family on Grim. Tidy family accomplished: Bella, Cassandra and Grim.

5. Open the cheat console with shift+ctrl+c and first enter testingcheats true. After hitting enter, do the same with CAS.fulleditmode. Let the fun begin.

Immediately Grim starts acting like one of the family and starts building skills so let’s see what he’s made of. His aspiration seems to be randomly generated with each game, no traits, no job, skills developed only since adding to family and no needs except fun and social which decay very slowly. As a scenario for this game let’s say that Grim wants to retire from reaping, raise a family with Bella and pass the scythe to Cassandra.

So what makes Grim… Grim?

There seems to be one special trait just for Grim. If you shift+click / Cheat Sim Info / add trait on any Sim (other than Grim) and scroll almost to the bottom, immediately above ‘trait_isMaid’ is a trait with no icon or description. This does a whole bunch of stuff:

It eliminates needs.
It eliminates the ability to WooHoo.
It creates the hover and smoke walk.
It eliminates the ability to swim (?) Oh, I get it. Machete don’t tweet and Grim don’t swim.
It creates those dropdown Grim Reaper messages.
It creates the ability to transport to the scene of a Sim’s demise.
It removes the option to Modify in CAS.

If you have Grim change his outfit he looks very strange with the hood and bits and pieces of robe over normal clothes; here’s why. Select Bella and click Modify in CAS. When you select Grim in CAS the first thing you notice is that he has no first or last name. You could name him Keyser Söze, but Grim Reaper works for me. He also needs a trait, so pick one (you can change or remove it later) and change the aspiration to something that fits the game. You can now change his age or gender but if you change gender here, you’ll lose the robe and can’t get it back. His outfits other than ‘everyday’ are a mess, so pick his sleeping outfit and change his hair. Ahhh… it seems that the hood, invisibility, parts of the robe and gnarly hands are all attached as a hair object. Give him some nice hair and get rid of all his clothes, we want a naked sleep outfit. Click his everyday outfit and save the household to your library.
[IMG][/IMG]
It’s time to de-reaperize Grim. Shift+click and Cheat Sim Info/Remove Trait. Remove the first trait that doesn’t have an icon or description (there are 2). If the smoke goes away, that was it; if not, try the other one. Now go to Set Skill and set Reaping to 1. That’s it, he looks like Grim Reaper but is now just like any other Sim. Now to set up Cassandra by doing the same thing. Give her the magic trait that I mentioned above and set her Reaping Skill to 10. Cassandra Goth is now the Grim Reaper. Test it by saving and playing another household. Kill someone and look who shows up…
[IMG][/IMG]
OK, let’s get back to Grim. We wanted the naked sleep outfit because when he’s in the shower, the hood and all that stuff are still attached. If you don’t already have it, get Scumbumbo’s wonderful mod ‘Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit v2’ (v1 won’t work) and install per directions (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770) because I don’t think there’s a way to do this without it. Select Grim, open the cheat console and enter outfit.copy sl 1 b 1 include h which copies his sleep outfit to his bathing outfit with the new hair which gets rid of the hood stuff. If you want, you can now give him some sleepwear in CAS so he doesn’t wander around the house naked. You could even copy Bella’s party outfit to his; Death looks pretty good in drag.

By this time, Grim’s giving Bella some very serious looks, after all he hasn’t gotten any since the Big Bang so it doesn’t take much to get the romance started…
[IMG][/IMG]
One thing leads to another…
[IMG][/IMG]
Aww… Grim’s a daddy (twin girls). Let’s age one of them up and name her Carolina Reaper; give her that magic trait and now she’s smokin’ (you can give that trait to anyone, but the Reaping skill is teen to elder only).
[IMG][/IMG]
Well, that’s about it for now. Play with the family, have more kids and throw a party.

Funny Stuff:
The first time Cassandra went out she immediately took a selfie with the urn.
Send her on a reaping run during school hours and get a pop-up asking if it’s OK to skip school (say yes).
If she’s hanging out at the Blue Velvet doing her Isabella Rossellini impressions she’ll finish before dealing with the dead guy behind the bar.
Send any reaper out while Very Flirty or in labor… the expressions are priceless.
Have fun and try not to stay up too late.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 7:19 AM
That's too hilarious. Glad you found a fun use for the outfit copy, but I think you may have too much time on your hands!
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 7:21 AM
Well you might have destroyed your game, but at least you had fun doing it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:16 AM
You should create a course, like Advance Simming 302 or something. That was a wild ride from start to finish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:04 AM
Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed it. I really should have emphasized that it not only didn’t destroy my game, it seems to be absolutely stable as long as you follow a few basic rules:
1. The game must have a Grim Reaper (name doesn’t matter)
2. There can be only 1 Grim Reaper
3. Grim Reaper cannot be a child or a ghost
Other than that any age or gender will work. The only catch is that he will forever (for that game) live in a house rather than the void. It even works if you evict him.
I’d love to see the Reaper skill available for kids; Cassandra could teach her how to get that scythe past the metal detectors at school.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 12:00 PM
Thanks for sharing this... it's awesome!!! <3
I really would like to try this out. Just have a dumb question... what happens if someone dies in the house, or in a different household?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Thanks for sharing this... it's awesome!!! <3
I really would like to try this out. Just have a dumb question... what happens if someone dies in the house, or in a different household?

Thank you, it’s hardly a dumb question considering the game was never meant to be played this way. Using Cassandra as an example, if someone dies in her house or nearby she’ll just hover over, take care of business, leave the urn, then hover home. If it’s in a different household or neighborhood she’ll appear in a cloud of smoke, take care of business and disappear in a cloud of smoke. She becomes everything the Grim Reaper was (he’s home watching Oprah and studying the Llama Sutra). I just tested it again by sending Don Lothario to Sylvan Glades and whacking him…
[IMG][/IMG]
No problems, except here she just disappeared and went home, no smoke. It doesn’t have to be Cassandra; you can turn any resident, townie or CAS creation into Grim Reaper with whatever traits and looks that you like. There may be a few surprises (leave school/work early messages), but so far it’s been absolutely stable gameplay.
[IMG][/IMG]
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:34 AM
OMG, you killed Grim!
This is hysterical, I love it. Thanks for answering my question and showing the pics. I'd love to be kept up to date to what's happening in your game and your descriptions are priceless!!
I'm going to try this out myself as soon as I'm done with my legacy challenge. Can't wait!!!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 12:13 PM
Can Reapers die? Or does that trait make them immortal?

Your idea of turning Sims into Grim is a hoot. Did it take a long time to dig out the traits?

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheOriginalFive
Can Reapers die? Or does that trait make them immortal?

Your idea of turning Sims into Grim is a hoot. Did it take a long time to dig out the traits?

That trait makes them immortal. Here's a rather funny video showing someone trying to kill Grimmy: http://youtu.be/V8BTveIhPwU?list=PL...IJbVFFGKxYrzwEh
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:30 PM
Is this still a thing... reaper trait, immortality, reaping skill and killing sims? If it is, than I may get back to TS4, just to try this out!
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Is this still a thing... reaper trait, immortality, reaping skill and killing sims? If it is, than I may get back to TS4, just to try this out!

I don't know if it is. But I can't find it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 12:38 AM
does this still work? ive been trying for an hour, I cant do this- shift+click / Cheat Sim Info / add trait on any Sim (other than Grim) and scroll almost to the bottom When i shift click it only has reset object, cheat need, and marriage
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 12:32 AM
Yeah I can't get Cheat Sim Info to even pop up on anything. Is there an alternative way to do this?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:18 AM
I've always loved digging in Grimmy's mysteries and experimenting with him since TS2 but looks like you are the real pro on that. Love the whole thing. I might try what you have done sometime. Looks a bit complex and confusing though. Like i.e. how do you get shift-click/cheat sim info and modify hidden traits from there? Does it only appear for grim ? Cuz as far as know testingcheats don't produce such an option when you shift-click normal sims. Do you shift-click in CAS? Where? Right on the traits?

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 1:34 AM
Does anyone know how to set the reaping skill?I tried Cheat Sim Info and did not appear the skill and apparently the cheat stats.set_skill_level Major_Reaping does not work anymore since I have seen in other forums that have already removed it, it is the only thing I need, if someone knows how to get it I would appreciate it if told me.
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 6:08 AM
Hey there! Sounds like a lot of fun, does anyone know if this is still possible to execute as of october 2018, tho?
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 7:44 AM
Here for the shots of Cassandra looking like a slasher film antagonist and just scythin' the hell out of her unsuspecting community. Well done.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.