Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:09 PM
Default Children can carry toddlers and Adults can carry children
So me and TheSweetToddler are working on a mod to get children to pick up toddlers and for adults to pick up children.

So far the child has succesfully picked up the toddler. And can walk around with them. But uses stretch animation when picking up the toddler and while walking they don't completely stretch only their neck stretches.
And as for Adults picking up children. The interaction appears. But the child stretches up and the animation doesn't happen. The child gets the being picked up but they don't actually get picked up instead the child stretches and stands there.

Let's hope we can fix that.

Here are two pics

Screenshots
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:02 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 6th Aug 2018 at 2:13 PM.
I've fixed all the stretching and everything, the only thing now is to fix the toddler's locations now

I might be able to animate the animations for adults holding children if you wanted.

Edit: Pictures showing the problem:

How it should be, in Blender

That's how it is in-game

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I've fixed all the stretching and everything, the only thing now is to fix the toddler's locations now

I might be able to animate the animations for adults holding children if you wanted.

That's how it is in-game

Maybe with my script that problem will be gone. And yes an adult holding child animation would be great if you get the time
Trainee Moderator
#4 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Maybe with my script that problem will be gone. And yes an adult holding child animation would be great if you get the time

Hmm, not too sure because the holding idle isn't the same as the pickup one, it's sort of hard to explain...
And I'll get the animations done

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:49 PM
Awesome!
I've figured out how to do it for TS4 too. ^-^
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sofmc9
Awesome!
I've figured out how to do it for TS4 too. ^-^

Lol you sure have, congrats on that! Now we'll just have to figure it out for Sims 3...

Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:10 PM
Lol you sure have, congrats on that! Now we'll just have to figure it out for Sims 3...

And thanks to you, won't have to locrot every frame.
You'll figure it out. At least the interaction appears for adults to pick up children.
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sofmc9
And thanks to you, won't have to locrot every frame.
You'll figure it out. At least the interaction appears for adults to pick up children.

That's great, and you're welcome, I do love to help people

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:55 AM Last edited by SuperGal<3 : 7th Aug 2018 at 4:17 AM.
So me and TheSweetToddler are working on a mod to get children to pick up toddlers and for adults to pick up children.

So far the child has succesfully picked up the toddler. And can walk around with them. But uses stretch animation when picking up the toddler and while walking they don't completely stretch only their neck stretches.
And as for Adults picking up children. The interaction appears. But the child stretches up and the animation doesn't happen. The child gets the being picked up but they don't actually get picked up instead the child stretches and stands there.

Let's hope we can fix that.

Here are two pics

Oh my glob I was about to have a heart attack! All jokes aside, I always wanted children to carry toddlers and adult to carry children! I'm glad you guys are making it into actual interactions! I'm not sure about the neck stretch in the child.

Quote:

Hm...try to re-convert the animation? I suppose it worked well in Blender. Or maybe you did something go wrong during th conversion process? I think it has something to do with the bones. I believe the bones from the toddler animation got glitched out when it was converted to child. Yeah, try re-converting again and see what happens. (#IHopeIStatedEverythingCorrectlyOrMadeTotalSenseXD)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Oh my glob I was about to have a heart attack! All jokes aside, I always wanted children to carry toddlers and adult to carry children! I'm glad you guys are making it into actual interactions! I'm not sure about the neck stretch in the child.

Hm...try to re-convert the animation? I suppose it worked well in Blender. Or maybe you did something go wrong during th conversion process? I think it has something to do with the bones. I believe the bones from the toddler animation got glitched out when it was converted to child. Yeah, try re-converting again and see what happens. (#IHopeIStatedEverythingCorrectlyOrMadeTotalSenseXD)

Or making a custom adult holding child idle is fine too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:32 AM

That's how it is in-game

Tried with your animation. The animation is playing great
But once the animation is over and the Sim is holding the toddler they still stretch. And when the Sim is walking around with the toddler their neck stretches.

As you can see. The animation is playing without any stretching.

But once the animation is over. The stretching started again. I guess we'll also have to convert the idle animation.

And here there's a neck stretching. This happens when the child walks with the toddler. I am not sure how to fix this one. There shouldn't have been stretching here. Because the child is using the normal walking animation. It's just now they're holding a toddler. We might have to change some stuff in the script for this to work. But I have no idea what.
Hopefully converting the idle animation does the trick.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 8:37 AM

Actually I didn't use any converted animation. I just added the interaction with a script mod.
I later tried with SweetToddler's animation. The results are in the comment above
Field Researcher
#13 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
" I guess we'll also have to convert the idle animation."

Ah yes, I'm converting the idles of be carried animation in TS4.You might have to do the same for 3.
Trainee Moderator
#14 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:39 PM
No, I've got all the animations done! The idle ones, the posture, the carry idle, everything is done, so nobody needs to convert because I've made a special pose for it, but the results still come out weird...

That's them taking the toddler out the crib

I've already done everything, the only problem is just to fix the toddler's locations
Here's what I've done:

Children can pick up toddlers
They can put them down
Put them in cribs and out
They can change toddler's outfit
Sit down and go upstairs/downstairs with them
and 2 idles and a carry posture.

So now I just need Skydome's pick up mod and to fix the toddler's location and that's it

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:18 PM
No, I've got all the animations done! The idle ones, the posture, the carry idle, everything is done, so nobody needs to convert because I've made a special pose for it, but the results still come out weird...

That's them taking the toddler out the crib

I've already done everything, the only problem is just to fix the toddler's locations
Here's what I've done:

Children can pick up toddlers
They can put them down
Put them in cribs and out
They can change toddler's outfit
Sit down and go upstairs/downstairs with them
and 2 idles and a carry posture.

So now I just need Skydome's pick up mod and to fix the toddler's location and that's it

Ok I'll send you tomorrow
In my mod there is only the pick up animation currently. The rest like tickle change clothes I'll add later.
Trainee Moderator
#16 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:28 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 7th Aug 2018 at 2:38 PM.
Ok I'll send you tomorrow
In my mod there is only the pick up animation currently. The rest like tickle change clothes I'll add later.

No, it's okay, I've already gotten it all into interactions too, I just needed you to "unlock" the pick up interaction

Edit: Here's pictures of what they can do

(will have to fix the change outfit one too)

I did try and fix the locations, but I had to remove my idles for the toddler, and so they use EA's ones for now.

Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:02 PM
OMG They look amazing!
Trainee Moderator
#18 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:04 PM
OMG They look amazing!

Thanks, though I just wish I could somehow get the toddler to be in proper position, rather than above the child's arm...

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:29 PM
Thanks, though I just wish I could somehow get the toddler to be in proper position, rather than above the child's arm...

There might be a way to adjust position...maybe find adjustment options?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:30 PM
Actually I didn't use any converted animation. I just added the interaction with a script mod.
I later tried with SweetToddler's animation. The results are in the comment above

The results look pretty good! If only the stretching can go away...XO
Trainee Moderator
#21 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:35 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 7th Aug 2018 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Oops, post not pose
The results look pretty good! If only the stretching can go away...XO

Nope, there isn't really adjustment options lol, I wish there were.

Don't worry, I've gotten rid of all the stretching, I mentioned on post #2 aswell

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:36 PM
Nope, there isn't really adjustment options lol, I wish there were.

Don't worry, I've gotten rid of all the stretching, I mentioned on pose #2 aswell

Phew! I wonder what program your using? I'm not sure if blender has adjustment tools.
Trainee Moderator
#23 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:38 PM
I'm using blender, and no, blender doesn't have any adjustment tools, the only thing I thought about was setting the location through the object menu, but that didn't work, it's probably just something to do with blender changing something in the clip, not sure.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:43 PM
I'm using blender, and no, blender doesn't have any adjustment tools, the only thing I thought about was setting the location through the object menu, but that didn't work, it's probably just something to do with blender changing something in the clip, not sure.

I knew it! Sigh, oh blender...Thinking about going back to your toddler idles then?
Trainee Moderator
#25 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:45 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 10th Aug 2018 at 1:42 PM.
I know, but anyways, I'll try my absolute best to fix this, I almost never run out of ideas of how to fix it, in fact I have an idea now, but like the other ones, not sure if this'll fix it...

Page 1 of 6