Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1026 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 6:51 PM
Yes, like Lauratje I'm quite relieved too. Too much on my plate, lol. Trying to create, finalise and print three programmes for three concerts and complete the contest house. The programmes were winning the race. So thank you
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1027 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 6:04 AM Last edited by hogwartsjedi : 3rd Dec 2012 at 6:08 AM. Reason: photobucket being stupid...
Gaaah, sorry it's so late! (@#%&$ photobucket!! :fistshake: ) This house was harder than I thought it would be. =P So here we have the Wilson family!

This is one I think I'd actually like to play, adding a spunky golden retriever to the family!

#1028 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaundak21
Times like that, I'm glad my Virgo "must organize everything" gene kicks in. It's helpful if you have a set of collections you set up. I.E kitchen deco, laundry stuff, Bed accessories etc. then when you download something new you can just add it to the collection file of it's perspective category. It makes life so much simpler especially when you keep up with it.

I've got loads of collection files set up (including one called "Shabinets", just for shelves and cabinets, haha). It's still murder when I install, because I have to locate the new stuff in the main catalog first, before plonking it down into the collection folders.

I tend to binge download too, the main way I figure out if a catalog page has new downloads in it is to watch for that cursor to do its lag-roll. Then I squint and search for unfamiliar icons one by one, haha. I do keep post-it notes as I install so I don't forget to find new things, but I still do forget. I regularly click on things in my catalog like "Whoa, when did I get that?".

I know SimPE can do lots of marvelous things catalog-wise, but I just don't have the extra time to learn it.

It's no major tragedy really, sometimes it makes me feel less guilty for playing. I'll spend time organizing, then I feel like I've 'earned' my play time somehow, lol.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1029 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 7:48 AM
Quote:
I tend to binge download too, the main way I figure out if a catalog page has new downloads in it is to watch for that cursor to do its lag-roll. Then I squint and search for unfamiliar icons one by one, haha. I do keep post-it notes as I install so I don't forget to find new things, but I still do forget. I regularly click on things in my catalog like "Whoa, when did I get that?".

I do that too.

I went in and changed the wall two ways, didn't like it and thought the heck with it the wall I put in stays. So I guess minus 3 points. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1030 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I went in and changed the wall two ways, didn't like it and thought the heck with it the wall I put in stays. So I guess minus 3 points. :/
Loosing points isn't the end of the world. I'm again purposely loosing structure points. I'm taking out that door between the bedroom and the bathroom, and I'm highly considering adding two windows to the front. My house is mostly done, I just want to add more tweaks and play test it for a bit, helps give it that 'lived in' look. And I still want baby photos of little Daniel.

That said, I'm letting Tom and Sarah cool their lack of romance for a bit. I've been working on a holiday notification mod this weekend. I know I should be doing my contest entry, but you know how when an idea strikes you have to drop everything and do that? I hadn't planned on doing anything for this month's activities, but I guess 'time' subconsciously found a way of corporealizing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1031 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:22 AM
Well not when you're near the top end of the score board, but since I've been near the middle the whole way it won't make any difference much to my placing now it’s the end of the competition.

I had a look at your blog post. I'll be watching for it to come out. I currently use the double aging mod from here which I find perfect for everybody (not that I've had an elder live through it yet) except for teens. I've never understood why teens had 15 days and with this mod mine now have 30! or would do but after 10 days I send them to uni or grow them up on the simlogical cake. Toddlers have 8 days and kids have 14 and I like that. I like that my toddlers get to do their skills and then can play or mess about for a number of days and most siblings get to be toddlers together. Lots of play on the activity table, haggles and bottle stealing opportunities. I also use the summer holiday mod and in my desert hood I simply tell the kids to walk to school the second summer, but it's easy to forget.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1032 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:15 PM
You can't join in now, it's finished! If you want to join a contest you have to submit an entry by the set starting date- Try reading the rules on the first page.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1033 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:59 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 3rd Dec 2012 at 2:34 PM.
It's a nice redo, but jo is right. It's way too late to join now.
#1034 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 3:16 PM
@Orchid:

You did a beautiful makeover, I especially love the kitchen! It's true you're too late for this contest, but I've heard talk of a second makeover contest for one of the other towns (just talk for now, but we'll see). Keep your eyes peeled for that!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Lab Assistant
#1035 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 1:59 AM
I ... can't believe this just happened. I re-did the house and lost it all again, though I have no idea HOW.
Lab Assistant
#1036 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kayls42
I ... can't believe this just happened. I re-did the house and lost it all again, though I have no idea HOW.

wow, that's really rough.

Check Out my blog Sassy For Sims 2 and score some downloads
#1037 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kayls42

Tell your game I'm gonna come over and adjust its kneecaps if it does that to you again. See if that doesn't set it straight.

Seriously, I'm sorry your game is evil. Mucho sympathies.

retired moderator
#1038 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 5:35 PM
On the opposite end of the spectrum I finally tracked down what was causing my game to crash for all these years. It was a bad hair mesh. My game was literally having a bad hair day. The worst part of it? It was a hair mesh I was trying to futz with. I downloaded a (perfectly fine, not buggy) teen-adult hair and wanted to make it all ages, but I guess I either never finished it or did something wrong and it kept crashing my game whenever it would try to spawn a townie with that hair. I was able to play (sort through my deco tab rather) until 3am last night and my game hasn't crashed since!

Tom and Sarah still are not together, after I replayed his lonely winter (again rolled a want to Nano, so I did get that back!) And I think it's time for drastic measures. I'm going to get him crushing on her through SimPE and see if he can't take it the rest of the way himself. I don't want to loose out on him having the memory of falling in love with her. From the countdown clock, it looks like I have a day and a half, so I'm still pretty confident about it all.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1039 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 5:45 PM
Yup, Phae you're good till midnight tomorrow. Good luck playing matchmaker

kayls42 So sorry, again.

Side note: (not completely off topic I got just got the urge to play Medieval. i know a lot of people don't like it, but I love it. Just wish you could build in it
Scholar
#1040 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 7:01 PM
I've been wanting to do my own catalog edits... I know I already have yours Phae but there are some other items I'm trying to faff with! Only snag is that thanks to my copy of Festive Holiday (the two Holiday packs combined)and the way it installs I can't "fix" that one
But YAY for finding out what was crashing your game! I bet that's a big relief

kayls, oh no! That's a horrible thing to happen!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Theorist
#1041 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:31 AM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 5th Dec 2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Typo
This round is the Mason family.

Bill is like my father: concerned with proper infrastructure; not too knowledgable (or concerned) about aesthetics. Bill had the roof redone; the house rewired; a new furnace, an on-demand water heater, and triple-glazed windows installed; the foundation tuckpointed;and the old siding removed to allow the installation of insulation and a proper vapor barrier. Naturally, they couldn't put the old siding back on, and Bill had to buy new. He asked Elise what color siding they should buy. Elise said

Elise, we are told, is a ten-year-old who likes both purple and butterflies. Now, when I was ten, if I had to choose between something that was age-appropriate and something that was my favorite color, I would pick the thing that was my favorite color every single time.

Bill has no faith in his decorating ability, which incidentally makes it very hard to decorate -- how do you decorate a house as if it was decorated someone who can't decorate? I decided that he would go to the furniture store and buy the entire set because hey, it must go together, right? Bill's bedroom is not purple.

Bill bought Kitchen #4A, with optional combination cooker hood/smoke alarm.

Although it is a very American thing for the TV to be the centerpiece of the main room in the house and one of the first things that people see when they walk in, Bill wasn't raised that way. While the screen is appropriately large and manly, it's also tucked out of the way.

I thought the bathroom came out nicely, even if it is only #15C in the catalog.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
retired moderator
#1042 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:40 AM
esmeiolanthe, I love the gecko on your kitchen wall and it was super clever to stick one of Elise's pictures on the fridge, I love that touch.

In other news, I gave up trying to do things naturally with Tom, he still was clueless even after I gave him a crush. He rolled wants to fall in love with her and to marry her, but he just couldn't manage it on his own. Imma chalk that up to one too many head injuries out on the field. He's an MVP in my game. With some help of some SimPE therapy, he is now properly in love with his sweetheart and likely won't role the want to propose to her, so I'm just not going to wait on that one. He's over at her place now (she moved in with Natasha Una when she got frustrated at his 'issues') and he's going to pop the question tonight. Natasha is going to get me some nice engagement photos. Then its going to be one hella fast wedding and then on to baby making. Even with my new age mod, they are getting behind!
Test Subject
#1043 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:33 AM
Here's my entry! I honestly didn't think I'd finish it in time (I have a huge psychology exam tomorrow morning) but I found a way haha.

I chose the Wilson family. I thought of it as a house that was handed down, generation to generation so I used brick and wood wherever I could to give it that hand-built feel. I'm not familiar at all with country/country decor so that was my take on it!

retired moderator
#1044 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 6:50 AM
I can just not win with this pair >.< I finally got them married, and they went on their honeymoon and they've been doing it like rabbits but she won't get pregnant. All through her adult life she has been wondering about adoption. Maybe Sarah knows a bit more about herself than I do. Tom is incapable of love and Sarah is infertile. One more day to try, or little Daniel is going to be adopted! Heaven help me that Sarah wants to graduate three kids from college, I can't even get the first one going!
Field Researcher
#1045 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:22 AM Last edited by Croutonian : 5th Dec 2012 at 8:46 AM.
So funny Phae!!

I can imagine it is highly infuriating for you though!

I've had my version of the round 3 done for days now - was first thing I got into doing once I was able to get back into my game - but am just trying to get some family pics done to hang up. I'm betting I'll need to exit the lot a few times when it comes to Elise being born though cos the game is bound to decide to go through a liking for boys...and then a spell of girls when I want a little baby Daniel!

#1046 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Tom is incapable of love

I don't know if I'm evil or what, but that line made me laugh so hard just now. Maybe it's the mental image of you sitting there like "That's it, you're just incapable of love!!", ahaha.

Isn't just like a sim to know when you're in a hurry and decide to thwart you at every turn?

Scholar
#1047 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
I'm betting I'll need to exit the lot a few times when it comes to Elise being born though cos the game is bound to decide to go through a liking for boys...and then a spell of girls when I want a little baby Daniel!
Course you will - I'll be doing a Gloriana and imagine you sitting there going "please be a girl, please be a girl" for Elise, then followed by "gimme a boy, gimme a boy" for Daniel!

And Phae, you're really having a nightmare with that family aren't you? After all that, I'm starting to wonder if your Tom is secretly gay... as for Sarah, maybe it's not her that's infertile (I had that same thought once, but let my female sim cheat with another man and she was pregnant immediately). Maybe IVF, courtesy of SimBlender or equivalent is in order?

I'm certain it's the game throwing gremlins at you the moment time is of the essence!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
retired moderator
#1048 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 5th Dec 2012 at 7:39 PM.
Tom being gay was my first thought. I checked his gender preferences a while ago and he is solidly in the straight zone. The last time I had this much trouble getting a guy to fall for a girl was Beau Broke, and he is now happily joined to Blaze(j) from Uni and they live in an apartment complex full of other gay guys (pirates). Most of who they've been sleeping with behind each other's backs. It's kinda an open relationship. Though, I don't know how much of that stuck because my game kept crashing on them back when I was playing them.

As for Tom and Sarah, yes, in a few hours it's going to be IVF with Dr. Tombstone, LofD. Simulate Genetic Merger sounds very much like IVF to me, and I can always rename the baby when he comes. And, at least that way I get to pick the gender! It would make more sense that Tom is the reason of the infertility (his data must be screwed up somewhere), but Sarah has been wondering about adoption practically since I made her, even while living with Tom, so story-wise, it's her. Ok, lunchtime and then in game I go!

Edit: Huzzah! This time it only took one more try in bed and I heard the chimes. The pregnancy went relatively easy, Sarah had some morning sickness but was remarkable not need crashy like most my preggers get. I took some adorable babybelly photos and then it was time for the birth. Nothing is ever easy with this couple. The first time it was twins, (exit without save) then, after adjusting her multiple birth odds to be 93% single birth, she manages to have triplets on a 3% chance. Whattheeff. Another exit without save and the third time's the charm, a beautiful (single) baby boy with red hair - another beat the odds (only 25% chance) situation. I got some more adorable photos and a few days later little Daniel has outgrown his dresser drawer and their one bedroom apartment is now most definitely too small for the little family, especially with both parents now rolling wants to have another kid. I'm sure that will be a fun headache in itself for another day (I'm thinking a set of twin girls). The Wilsons have FINALLY moved to their new house, and pictures will soon be forthcoming!
Mad Poster
#1049 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:00 PM
Mine may be late, but I'll take the 1 point per day deduction (I think it is) and submit it anyway - I really want to see this contest through as I'm really enjoying it. It's been a busy few days and though the house is mostly done I still have a lot of pictures to take to decorate it with, plus the pictures for the entry, so I doubt I'll finish it tonight :-(
Field Researcher
#1050 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 9:52 PM
Saying "eldery" I meant "people older than me, but not ridiculously"
Anyway I have no doubt that all of you are young by heart :>

New house of the Masons.
I liked the idea of family photos, so there are some to look at.
Bill and Ann Masons in my game were played by Emeryk and Iga Klamko. Rachela was meant to be Elise.
And, unfortunately, in my game Rachela also lost her mother when she was very young. The screens are from something I can call "fake" gameplay. To be honest Iga Klamko has never existed in my game.
And side notes before I lose more points than I think I should lose:

Page 42 of 45