Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:32 PM
Finally made it to Generation 3. First child was not perfect, so they are working on number 2 now. No fertility treatment this time around. 1st generation got the perf genes on the first kid and then proceeded to produce 11 kids anyway. 2nd generation was 12 kids, 2 wives and 2 assasinations by the Gen.1 founder, but kids 4 and 5 were twins with perf genes, so was #6. I had an heir poll for those three and the 2nd born twin was chosen.

Jade's Genes
Advertisement
Space Pony
#152 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oxJennxo
Jade's Genes

Where did you get those hairs? Especially for the children and younger. Story's interesting too.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
Where did you get those hairs? Especially for the children and younger. Story's interesting too.

I normally only use Newsea, because they are amazing. Several of them include toddler and child to adult, but not all. A lot is pay for hair too.

I have a couple of Anubis and Peggy hair too, but not that many.

Yeah, if you're looking for a literary work of art, my blogs are not the place to go.
Space Pony
#154 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:46 AM
What do we do if we don't have the expansion packs with young again potion or clone voucher?
Scholar
#155 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:01 AM
What do we do if we don't have the expansion packs with young again potion or clone voucher?

Life fruit? Ambrosia?

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Space Pony
#156 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Life fruit? Ambrosia?

That's what I was thinking but not sure what was considered cheating since it was not mentioned in the challenge overview.
Test Subject
#157 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:18 PM
I read this challenge a few days ago, and so have gotten a little way into it already. I have my first heir, though it took 14 children before she came along! May upload pictures at some point.

It's a great challenge though, and I can't wait to see where it goes!
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 12:48 PM
Finally got the generation 3 heiress born. It took 8 kids this time around. She is just now child aged.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 6:32 AM
very interesting
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:41 PM
Here is the first generation. My 1st generation heir had red hair and bright purple eyes. The genetics came through on the second child, which i was thankful for P:
Screenshots
Instructor
#161 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:42 AM Last edited by pikeman101 : 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Clarification
Why do they have to dislike children? I'll still do the challenge, but not with the dislike children rule! How the heck will the poor sims ever be happy!?!
Actually, I changed my mind. I mean, the reason it's called a challenge is because it's supposed to be CHALLENGING!
Space Pony
#162 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pikeman101
Why do they have to dislike children? I'll still do the challenge, but not with the dislike children rule! How the heck will the poor sims ever be happy!?!
Actually, I changed my mind. I mean, the reason it's called a challenge is because it's supposed to be CHALLENGING!

The negative moodlet from the children isn't that bad. Just make sure your sim is well rested, fed, and cleaned before teaching the toddlers the big 3. Then get a teddy bear or a doll house to keep the toddlers occupied afterwards.
Instructor
#163 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 11:30 PM
The negative moodlet from the children isn't that bad. Just make sure your sim is well rested, fed, and cleaned before teaching the toddlers the big 3. Then get a teddy bear or a doll house to keep the toddlers occupied afterwards.

Touche. Also, I forgot, are we allowed to use a time machine or une tempomobile en francais?
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:58 PM
Touche. Also, I forgot, are we allowed to use a time machine or une tempomobile en francais?

I used the Time Machine, didn't get anything but elders, so even with YA potions, they both still had grey hair.

Perfect genetics heiress, gen 3 has had the 12th child. Still no perf genes. I play a little bit once or twice a week, so it's slow going.
Instructor
#165 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 12:44 PM
If you woohoo in the past, you either get teens or YA's
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 5:52 PM
If you woohoo in the past, you either get teens or YA's

How long does it take, as I had two sims "try for a baby" in the past... and the future but nothing happened. Is it because I mixed the two?
Test Subject
#167 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:41 PM
I started this yesterday. My Sims is a Man named Logan Bell. He has green hair and eyes. He married Madison VanWatson, and they're first child was a Boy named Carlos. Carlos has the green eyes of Logan, but that is all. Madison is pregnant for the second time. Carlos is a toddler.

I can get screen shots if you guys would like to see!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:40 PM
I haven't been around much lately, but I love the fact that so many people are playing my challenge. I am thinking of starting a new Perfect Genetics (because my old one is yeah... old and I lost track of the save files) because it's a really fun challenge, isn't it?

Good luck to you and your perfect families!
Instructor
#169 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 1:47 AM Last edited by pikeman101 : 28th Apr 2012 at 1:48 AM. Reason: I had forgotten something
Les enfants du tempomobile (The children of the time machine)
Quote: Originally posted by RedCherries
How long does it take, as I had two sims "try for a baby" in the past... and the future but nothing happened. Is it because I mixed the two?

It's more likely to concive in the present than the past or future, however buying the fertility treatment helps(if you try multiple times, you may get pregnant several times, so it's kind of risky. I suggest you don't try to get a kid by trying and trying over and over.)

IF you SUCCESSFULLY 'try for baby' in the past, the teen/ YA will come (from my experience) out of the machine in 12-24 hours (If your sim got pregnant multiple times, the kids that come out will be a few hours apart (depends on amount of children).

Summary:
Unless you want a lot of kids, only 'try for baby' once a day (in the past or future).
Buy the fertility treatment before trying.
Wait for 12-24 hours.
See if the kid has your hair/ eyes.
Kick out those that don't! (I mean, do you REALLY want a buch of adults living in your house for no reason?)

P.S. In the time machines, twins and triplets do not exist. So your fertility treatment will not affect the amount of kids you get unless you try multiple times.

P.S.P.S (Post Script Post Script) Teens are less common than YA's, get it? Got it? Good!
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 3:55 PM
It's more likely to concive in the present than the past or future, however buying the fertility treatment helps(if you try multiple times, you may get pregnant several times, so it's kind of risky. I suggest you don't try to get a kid by trying and trying over and over.)

IF you SUCCESSFULLY 'try for baby' in the past, the teen/ YA will come (from my experience) out of the machine in 12-24 hours (If your sim got pregnant multiple times, the kids that come out will be a few hours apart (depends on amount of children).

Summary:
Unless you want a lot of kids, only 'try for baby' once a day (in the past or future).
Buy the fertility treatment before trying.
Wait for 12-24 hours.
See if the kid has your hair/ eyes.
Kick out those that don't! (I mean, do you REALLY want a buch of adults living in your house for no reason?)

P.S. In the time machines, twins and triplets do not exist. So your fertility treatment will not affect the amount of kids you get unless you try multiple times.

P.S.P.S (Post Script Post Script) Teens are less common than YA's, get it? Got it? Good!

Thank you, it worked :D
Field Researcher
#171 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:02 PM
I started this challenge again
My sim is a YA female called Violence Lucifer

The perfect traits are red/orange/yellow flame-like hair
Bright light blue eyes

She went to France and met a guy called Francois Chevalier (blonde hair, grey eyes)
she got engaged to him and they went back to her home

She's had three pregnancy's so far, all boys

Max = flamed hair, grey eyes
Hunter = flamed hair, grey eyes
Jack = brown hair, bright light blue eyes

She's pregnant again.........hoping for an heir this time.......and maybe a girl

I put the pictures as attachments in the order of,
Violence, Francois, Max, Hunter and Jack
Screenshots
Test Subject
#172 Old 5th May 2012 at 2:58 PM
Default My founder.

My founder, who's name I forget. Purple hair and acidic green eyes. She's currently a three star celebrity as I though some five star rapper would make a good father. I decided against having him though, but still, fame is fun.

And her humble abode. I always give my sims beach houses, although this is a rather ugly beach, I admit.

I'm thinking of starting a story following her, on the forums here.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 11th May 2012 at 2:47 PM
My generation 3 ended up with 14 kids...last two were twins. The 13th one is the new heir. Let's all cross our fingers that in this case, being #13 is actually going to be a lucky one XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#174 Old 13th May 2012 at 11:43 AM
I have updated the rules with an Extra Challenge, which is optional, for those of you who would like your Perfect Genetics challenge to be EVEN harder.

Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
Extra Challenge (Optional)
If you want your Perfect Genetics challenge to be even harder, you can add an extra element:
- In addition to eye and hair colour, also give your sim a unique skin colour (blue, green or red)
- This means that there are three criterias for a sim to be your heir; skin, eye and hair colour
Test Subject
#175 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 3:04 AM
Default Perfect Genetics challenge
This sounds so fun! I can't wait to try it once I'm finish with my ISBI. It sounds very challenging. This is the first I've heard of this challenge. So I must try one of these days
Page 7 of 46