Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#326 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:01 PM
Movie? What movie?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#327 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
The Greene family reminded me of the farmer family in the game and I was hissing like crazy. I kept yelling at the group to just leave the place. Morgan reminded me of the character I played in the Waking Dead game and I felt for him and it just hurt when I found out what happened to his son.

Do you mean the Greene family turned out to be evil/bad/whatever?
I saw on Wikipedia something about everyone has the virus inside them, so everyone will become a zombie when they die. Not sure why this matters - since you will be dead. You just have to be killed again.
Mad Poster
#328 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I saw on Wikipedia something about everyone has the virus inside them, so everyone will become a zombie when they die. Not sure why this matters - since you will be dead. You just have to be killed again.

The fact that everyone is infected was established by the end of season one, so yeah.

I've been meaning to comment on that for awhile, because it's really pretty awful. Long into the future, human culture will have had to accept that whenever a loved one dies, their body will need to be desecrated by a heavy blow to the face/skull. Kids will grow up with this understanding. I wonder how that would change the average psyche?

Then think about this: Could you risk sleeping in the same room with another person ever again? People die in their sleep, and that could precipitate another outbreak - at least a mini one that could wipe out the whole family, and perhaps part of the neighborhood before being contained again.

Of course, once civil society is re-established, a vaccine would probably be created eventually. But how long will that take? Might have been helpful if the CDC guy had refrained from blowing up the CDC facility.
Scholar
#329 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:54 PM Last edited by frankokomando : 2nd Apr 2013 at 6:21 PM.
I loved chapter 2 of the walking dead game. I was totally shocked. I hope they do something like chapter 2 of the walking dead game in the TV show.
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Might have been helpful if the CDC guy had refrained from blowing up the CDC facility.

He didn't blow up the place on purpose. If you'll remember, they were on the last dregs of fuel that ran the generators. He said once the generators shut down, safety protocols would take effect and the whole place would self destruct. I think he had already shut down most of the CDC except what he needed for day to day and the research area in order to conserve as much fuel as possible.

My guess is that it would have been too dangerous for them to try to make runs to siphon fuel from abandoned vehicles. And of course the plot wouldn't have moved forward as quickly.
Mad Poster
#331 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 1:11 AM
Ah, I missed that little detail. (Slept a few times since that episode. )

I wonder if the real CDC has such a failsafe?

Point is, a cure is going to need to be found, at some point. Otherwise, day-to-day life could never again resemble what used to be "normal". Aside from people having to worry about household members dying in their sleep and being prepared to deal with that, there are all the ways people die accidentally. You'd basically have to be armed at all times, just in case someone near you were to die - in a car wreck, on an operating table, from choking on food, heart attack, etc..

Even if a cure is found, one assumes that whatever the infectious agent is, it's in the environment and probably inerradicable. <(I just made that word up, I think.) What would happen if it started to affect other mammals? (There was a moment in that early episode where Carl is watching the deer that I was sure it was about to reveal itself to be a zombie deer and attack him. )

I'm also wondering what's happening in the rest of the world. What percentage of the human population was wiped out, and how many survivors are there, worldwide?

Jeez, I'm obsessed. I'm actually contemplating installing Steam on my computer (something I've NEVER considered doing before!) so I can play the Walking Dead video game. (The earlier one, with Lee Everett - not Survival Instinct.)
Mad Poster
#332 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Jeez, I'm obsessed. I'm actually contemplating installing Steam on my computer (something I've NEVER considered doing before!) so I can play the Walking Dead video game. (The earlier one, with Lee Everett - not Survival Instinct.)

The Walking Dead game is worth getting, but it scared the crap out of me. ('Ineradicable' is a word.)
Scholar
#333 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 2:12 AM
Buy it, it's really good! So many feelings in that game.
Mad Poster
#334 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 3:44 AM
It's downloading now.

It'll be interesting to see how well I get through a game with a lot of gore, considering what I gore wimp I am. But I think watching the show (still through slitted fingers sometimes, I must say) has made me a little tougher. Still, the reason I think I'll enjoy the game is that it's supposedly more character-driven and not hugely action-oriented. I guess we'll see!
Scholar
#335 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:07 AM
Keep us filled on how you like the game!
Mad Poster
#336 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:26 AM
Will do! I played a little bit last night and really liked it, although I suck at fighting, so far. Haven't had a chance to play today yet. About to.
Scholar
#337 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 3:10 AM
I understand what you mean, the first walker you run into I died on him like two times before I finally got the hang of it, luckily the game isn't to combat focused so you should be fine. :D
Mad Poster
#338 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 6:51 AM
I LOVE IT! Just finished episode two (creeeeepy!), and would love to continue on with episode three, but I have to resist and go to bed, or I'll be up all night.

If there's a thread for this in the Games section, we should probably move any further discussion there, ya think? Or create one.
Retired
retired moderator
#339 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 8:13 AM
The game is fantastic fun.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#340 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 1:50 AM
Just finished the game today, and all I have to say is that there'd better be a sequel!
Scholar
#341 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:06 AM
Did the ending make you sad? And what option did you choose?
Mad Poster
#342 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:15 AM
Yes it did, even though I inadvertently read a spoiler before even finishing episode 4 and had plenty of time to accept the inevitable. *sniff*

Which option did I choose with regard to what, specifically?

I'm seeing talk of a "Season 2", as well as an episode 6 before that! Funny to think of a game having seasons. My son is rolling his eyes a bit over that, calling it clever marketing to milk more money out of it, but I'm not bothered. The $25 I paid for this was worth it. Considering that a lot of video games cost $60-80, I won't mind paying another $25 for a second season.
Scholar
#343 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:32 AM
With regards to Lee at the end of episode 5. And it sucks the ending was spoiled for you. I personally cried like a little bitch at the end.

I hope they do continue on with the series. I hated the cliffhanger ending.
Mad Poster
#344 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:24 AM

ETA: I didn't mind the cliffhanger too much. It was nice to see her in a clean countryside setting, if nothing else.
Scholar
#345 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:39 PM
I never choose that option just because I felt like there would never be closure. Kind of like you said it would haunt someone, especially if they start thinking "what if's".

It was nice to see her make it out of the town okay, I'm just curious as to who the two figures where in the background. Even though I don't think it was, I really hope those two people in the distance was Christa and her husband (Can't remember his name :P)
Mad Poster
#346 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'll probably go back in and replay that ending, at some point.

Christa's guy is Omid, and yeah, I hope it's them too. If not, what happened to them? (Well, I guess that would be obvious. I want to know either way, though.)

I wonder if season 2 will continue Clementine's story? One would hope so, otherwise that ending is a real dick move.

I'd also like to see Molly again. She was cool.

Ooh, and an episode or two of Crawford's story would be interesting! The "Episode 6" they're talking about would be tied to this first "season" of the game, so maybe that's what they have in mind.
Scholar
#347 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:23 PM
I love Molly! I was disappointed when she decided to go out on her own again.

Yes, I hope it does continue with Clem's story! I want to see how she copes in the apocalypse.
Scholar
#348 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando

Yes, I hope it does continue with Clem's story! I want to see how she copes in the apocalypse.

If Clem is on the Season 4, I would be happy

--------

Is this about Episode series or Gaming series because this discussion is about Media...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Inventor
#349 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 1:05 PM
Maybe it would have been a good idea to open an own thread for the game? Now it's quite confusing looking through this thread as the game has nothing to do with the tv show storyline.
Test Subject
#350 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 5:38 PM
Well I'll try to get this thread back to the topic of the show and not the game. I've been watching it since the beginning and I was immediately hooked. I enjoy watching marathons of Walking Dead even more than I do each new episode as the suspense of what is going to happen preoccupies me too much. I can relax and REALLY WATCH it once I know what is going to happen. Yeah, I'm strange that way!

I can hardly believe they had Hershel's leg cut off. Have you ever seen the behind the scenes where they show he really has a green sock and shoe on but it just doesn't show. What puzzles me is how you can still see what is behind it.

I wish Laurie didn't die. I can't imagine in that world having a baby and raising it. Crazy! Makes me quiver.

I do like the way no one is safe so the show is quite unpredictable.

Very good feeling at the end with the new people entering the prison. Hershel was shaking their hands welcoming them, did you see that?

I see the way the zombie world has made so many so very untrusting and hard. That took me some time to figure out why.

The governor makes me sick. He is so disgusting in every way and I really don't get what Andrea ever saw in him. I don't think he has one good quality and he is very ugly on top of that. Andrea disappointed me once she was caught by his "charm". Which I saw through right away.

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE STORY LINE GO COME OCTOBER?
Page 14 of 17