Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 10:29 AM
Can't log into affinitysims.com
I last logged into Affinity Sims a few days ago to pay my respects to Rebecah; I had no trouble at all (I've been a member for years, albeit more as a lurker than a poster). I tried again today and got this message:
This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information.

Is anyone else having problems? It was bad enough losing Rebecah herself; I really hope nothing has happened to her site.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
I last logged into Affinity Sims a few days ago to pay my respects to Rebecah; I had no trouble at all (I've been a member for years, albeit more as a lurker than a poster). I tried again today and got this message:
This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information.

Is anyone else having problems? It was bad enough losing Rebecah herself; I really hope nothing has happened to her site.

I don't have an account, just log in from the site's front door.

It appears the entire site is now gone.

Evidently she did not have anyone to keep the site going when she died.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 11:40 AM
Oh no. That's a real shame to lose so much of her and others' stuff.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

That absolutely sucks.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 2:50 PM
Such a shame. I hope someone was able to archive somethings.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 2:56 PM
I had sent Shane (Liquidsims) a mesage about archiving the site. This was right after she passed. He said he was going to try that night. I don't see it in the community archives so he must not have been able to?

That said, MissionMouse was staff there and had been paying for the hosting. She goes by @baileybop here.
Link Ninja
#7 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 3:54 PM
I have pigs, goats, horses, and cows files I can send or put on SFS. If you want I can try to gather info/files from members on the TS2 Facebook Group too for archiving if we can't get ahold of MissionMouse. Where is the community archive page here?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 7:50 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but has any progress been made toward archiving Rebecah's (and other's) work?
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 10:45 PM
I was informed that most of her stuff, and maybe the whole site of that I'm not sure, was in SFS and the person I spoke with said they'd get me the addy, but as of yet they've not got back with me. If anyone else has the addy and would care to share that'd be great. If not, when I get it I'll definitely make it available so all can have it.
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 3:51 AM
Thanks, @CaliBrat !!

" Inama Nushif "
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 2:13 PM
I don't know if there's any news on the SFS archive but in the meantime, the website is still at least partially accessible through the wayback machine. It is possible to retrieve the SFS links and download individual items this way
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

This is heartbreaking. I know it's a reality of people passing away, but the thought that her legacy is slowly fading so soon hurts my heart 😢
Forum Resident
#13 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XDanW
This is heartbreaking. I know it's a reality of people passing away, but the thought that her legacy is slowly fading so soon hurts my heart 😢

I think having a blog with all those links would work better. The bad thing about hosting is that when no one pays, things disappear. Blogger has been around for 20 years and it looks like it will stay. I don't know, it might be better.

I also say it for those creators who leave the community and no longer want to pay for hosting, leaving things on a blog would be better so they don't disappear. I will certainly do that in the future.
Theorist
#14 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 5:55 PM
https://simfileshare.net/folders/edit/87325/

Here is the SFS link I was given. I've not checked to see all what was in it .. let's hope it's all or most of Becks stuff.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
I also say it for those creators who leave the community and no longer want to pay for hosting, leaving things on a blog would be better so they don't disappear. I will certainly do that in the future.

I'd recommend people who don't want their stuff to disappear be proactive about it and set it up that way from the start, rather than have it as "I'll do it one day if I want to leave". I used to wonder how people could just sort of go away and not care to prepare their stuff, thinking they just didn't care. Then I got sick and I was the one that disappeared. By the time I realized I needed to do something about my sims creations, I was no longer able to do it. Disappearing is not always a conscious choice so if you want your sims stuff available, sometimes life just happens. So it's a good idea to set the backup plan in motion before it's needed

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 5th Mar 2024 at 10:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'd recommend people who don't want their stuff to disappear be proactive about it and set it up that way from the start, rather than have it as "I'll do it one day if I want to leave". I used to wonder how people could just sort of go away and not care to prepare their stuff, thinking they just didn't care. Then I got sick and I was the one that disappeared. By the time I realized I needed to do something about my sims creations, I was no longer able to do it. Disappearing is not always a conscious choice so if you want your sims stuff available, sometimes life just happens. So it's a good idea to set the backup plan in motion before it's needed

Well, in my case it would only be my neighborhoods, since it is the only thing that I have created. At the moment I have not done it because I want to review the rules of this site carefully so as not to break them. I think it's not allowed to have the same thing uploaded on another site if I want money, donations or something, I'm not sure but I want to do it right. What you say about making a backup plan before seems like very good advice to me, it is true that many times people leave things for later and end up getting lost.

(To clarify, although I usually go crazy once or twice a year... XD I don't want to leave modthesims. But I would like to see if my job can give me some coffees. Even if it is with advertising or a donation. XD So I'm thinking what to do. Maybe I'll leave my two hoods here and upload Aberon Garden to my possible future blog. I don't know. And well, I'll stop changing the subject, this topic is about affinitysims)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 11:14 AM Last edited by Charity : 7th Mar 2024 at 11:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Well, in my case it would only be my neighborhoods, since it is the only thing that I have created. At the moment I have not done it because I want to review the rules of this site carefully so as not to break them. I think it's not allowed to have the same thing uploaded on another site if I want money, donations or something, I'm not sure but I want to do it right. What you say about making a backup plan before seems like very good advice to me, it is true that many times people leave things for later and end up getting lost.

(To clarify, although I usually go crazy once or twice a year... XD I don't want to leave modthesims. But I would like to see if my job can give me some coffees. Even if it is with advertising or a donation. XD So I'm thinking what to do. Maybe I'll leave my two hoods here and upload Aberon Garden to my possible future blog. I don't know. And well, I'll stop changing the subject, this topic is about affinitysims)

Just remember that asking for money for custom content is against the EULA.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Just remember that asking for money tor custom content is against the EULA.

Never stopped TSR
Mad Poster
#19 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Never stopped TSR

We are not copying TSR, thank you very much. XD *mutters about their downloading wait times*
Forum Resident
#20 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 6th Mar 2024 at 5:38 PM.
Yes, I'm going to be the queen of illegality. (ironical evil laugh)
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
https://simfileshare.net/folders/edit/87325/

Here is the SFS link I was given. I've not checked to see all what was in it .. let's hope it's all or most of Becks stuff.

thank you for sharing this!!
Theorist
#22 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 12:04 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 13th Mar 2024 at 3:21 AM.
Edit to my link post for AffinitySims SFS ... seems the link I was given takes you to the Sims 4 folder ... it does allow however to go back to the "Parent" which shows Sims 2 and 3 along with some other stuff Becks shared ... so I'm gonna post the parent link here so those who might not realize about this and only see the Sims 4 stuff ... sorry I shoulda looked when I first shared

https://simfileshare.net/folder/48599/