Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#4176 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Because their financial model requires them to realise some income against their costs at this point.

Maybe they shouldn't even have started on Sims 4 online. It was just another big waste of budget and time.
And now the fans have to bleed for the mess they made.
Advertisement
Instructor
#4177 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
From Graham's twitter.

Goodbye, story progression. It's going to take something miraculously huge to get me to buy this game now.

Miracle mods! <3
Field Researcher
#4178 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brunetttt
Miracle mods! <3

Do I have enough hope left in me to believe in miracle mods?

... yes, yes I do. Somebody please fix the horrible mess EA has made of this game. Please?
Theorist
#4179 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:34 AM
Yes, it certainly takes many months to make toddlers and pools, is that why it took 48 months to NOT do that? or...did perhaps, oh no, did the game get scrapped and redone from the ground up? :O

dun dun dun...more on the 32nd of Octovember! aka never, because this game is a lie.

It's too late to return that reservation card now. damnit.
Mad Poster
#4180 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brunetttt
Miracle mods! <3

Needs a hopeful button.

I am trying to find the discussion about the things you can do with inactive families, like have their family members grow up with your family and such stuff. I can't remember where that discussion was at. Hopefully there is the ability to have a mod suite like MasterController and DebugEnabler, so those of us not obsessively controlling can just get those other families going without playing them.

Might be a good thing to wait and buy the game, that way the modding community can examine the code and make useful additions to the gameplay. *is hopeful*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4181 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
Maybe they shouldn't even have started on Sims 4 online. It was just another big waste of budget and time.
And now the fans have to bleed for the mess they made.

Or continued to make it online and released in March 2014 as originally planned. The typical MTS user may have hated that, but there are still enough people buying and playing SimCity5 (including online) to have made a profit from that. Assuming a profit was made from TS4 Online, there was a reasonable probability they'd have either made an offline version of TS4 or an offline TS5. At this rate, if the kludged TS4 flounders, I predict that's the end of the series.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#4182 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:39 AM
Question: how hard is it to create larger lots? Not sure what goes into making something like that, but it doesn't seem like a very complicated endeavor. It's just space......so what do y'all guess the reasoning is behind having a 50x50 lot the largest for S4?
#4183 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kjones
Question: how hard is it to create larger lots? Not sure what goes into making something like that, but it doesn't seem like a very complicated endeavor. It's just space......so what do y'all guess the reasoning is behind having a 50x50 lot the largest for S4?

I would guess that the data model would support up to 64*64, they've just not made any and at launch we won't be able to make our own.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#4184 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:43 AM
OT: when/how/why did the TS official forum trolls find their way to MTS?
Field Researcher
#4185 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:45 AM
Sims 4
*“Its half assed

*Due to budget and time constraints, However you can still buy stuff at the store!
Alchemist
#4186 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Yes, it certainly takes many months to make toddlers and pools, is that why it took 48 months to NOT do that? or...did perhaps, oh no, did the game get scrapped and redone from the ground up? :O

dun dun dun...more on the 32nd of Octovember! aka never, because this game is a lie.

It's too late to return that reservation card now. damnit.

Just remember, we are counting on you to give us an unabashedly honest review.
Lab Assistant
#4187 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:48 AM
So the next five years is going to be comprised of EPs that are only content that should have been in the base game no doubt they will flesh this game out, but it won't make up for the fact that there are huge gameplay gaps in the base game.

Feels like they should only be revealing that S4 is in development in Sept not releasing the game.
Forum Resident
#4188 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:50 AM
That actually is something that could hurt the Sims franchise, even if sales don't go down enough to make an impact. A lot of players seem to use mods, so I imagine that a lack of modders could hurt the game (since the modders are the ones who fix EA's problems).
#4189 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:56 AM
To give credit where it's due, several of the Gurus on twitter are saying they're working in evenings and weekends either from home or going in.

Lab Assistant
#4190 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
From Graham's twitter.

Goodbye, story progression. It's going to take something miraculously huge to get me to buy this game now.

.... I am so ducking done! They took away all my ducking generational play! First they rid of the ducking toddlers, then they ducking made TEENS the same height as adults, because they didn't have enough time to give them different animations, now they ducking mess up story progression! Which hence the name, was supposed to progress the town for you! I am so done! Duck you EA , FUCK YOU! Excuse me y'all while I go cry in a corner...shaking my head this game is going to be absolute shit.
Lab Assistant
#4191 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
That actually is something that could hurt the Sims franchise, even if sales don't go down enough to make an impact. A lot of players seem to use mods, so I imagine that a lack of modders could hurt the game (since the modders are the ones who fix EA's problems).

I think that that has contributed a lot to horrifying quality that has been slung out left and right. They don't have to get it right, because people will still buy it, and someone else will fix it for them for FREE. It's a perfect scenario for EA.
Lab Assistant
#4192 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by African~Amore
.... I am so ducking done! They took away all my ducking generational play! First they rid of the ducking toddlers, then they ducking made TEENS the same height as adults, because they didn't have enough time to give them different animations, now they ducking mess up story progression! Which hence the name, was supposed to progress the town for you! I am so done! Duck you EA , FUCK YOU! Excuse me y'all while I go cry in a corner...shaking my head this game is going to be absolute shit.

I think at this point you can embrace the word fuck. Duck isn't cutting it anymore
Scholar
#4193 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Somebody needs to be fired, and not even for my sake but for the millions of simmers out there that are still actually expecting a half decent game.

Oh, I'm sure there will be plenty of firings when the fecal matter hits the rotary air impeller in September. Unfortunately, it wont be the right people.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Field Researcher
#4194 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:09 AM Last edited by TullyKat1 : 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
To give credit where it's due, several of the Gurus on twitter are saying they're working in evenings and weekends either from home or going in.

Should have been 12 months ago..... and sorry give credit for what desperately putting in time in the eleventh hour to throw glitter on a pile of shit.

Edit: And no sympathy here - we have always worked under those conditions to avoid poor results, seven days is a norm for the love of what we do and the results we gain from our achievements.
Top Secret Researcher
#4195 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:19 AM
And now no Story Progression? *laughs hysterically* These people have no concept of generational gameplay.

I'm really questioning my decision to even bother creating and modding for Sims 4. This is not a game I can play. It isn't worth it, and they aren't giving answers.
#4196 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:22 AM
I'd pretend I was not even going to buy it without x or y if I thought it would do any good, but it's far too late to make any difference. The fact is I will almost certainly be buying, and if I don't enjoy playing it I will get several hours/days/weeks of fun trying to pull it apart and understand how it works. :wry smiley

Field Researcher
#4197 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:25 AM
Am I the only one who's waiting for LGR to review the game before buying it?
Banned
#4198 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:25 AM
I actually think The Sims 4 won't be released.
Scholar
#4199 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kjones
....so what do y'all guess the reasoning is behind having a 50x50 lot the largest for S4?

Quote: Originally posted by MrMeatball
really really really old computers

I think he explains it best.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Top Secret Researcher
#4200 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 6:48 AM
SimGurus.

It may be time to, let's say...revitalize your LinkedIn accounts, n'est-ce pas?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Locked thread
Page 168 of 920