Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1201 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 2:43 PM
Karen and kanzen have been neck and neck, but it's kanzen who sneaks past for the win! Only .5 pt difference between them! Congrats, kanzen!

Thanks to everyone who participated! Especially those who made it to the end! I'll be back with the Strangetown makeover, but probably not till the beginning of next year. I am wiped out from this one I also came up with another contest idea while lying in bed last night, lol. But that will have to wait even longer. For now I'm just going to enjoy being a contestant in Loaf's contest Thank you, come again!

And as always, don't hesitate to call me out on any math errors.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1202 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 2:57 PM
what...did just happen..

O____O U GUYS. AUUGGHHRRRGGG *hugs everybodY xD
dsjdfdhjds /dies again
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1203 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 3:28 PM
Many well-deserved Congratulations Kanzen :D

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1204 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 3:35 PM
Congrats to kazen and damn, I added it up yesterday and thought Karen was our winner. Good thing I didn't post my premature congrats! >.<

Thank you jones for such an awesome contest! I look forward to Strangetown, and in the mean time hope to get my own contests up and running.

Shameless advertising: It's going to be a while before I get my contests up, but who ever is interested, let me know if you'd like a personal invite PM about it when I do get them going just so you don't miss them. They will be building/renovating and to some extent decorating contests. One is focused on residential lots and is going to be loosely based on the HGTV series Love It or List It, and the other is about urban renewal/preservation/renovation for comm lots.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#1205 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 3:48 PM
Well done Kanzen! Amazing builds everyone and awesome to see that it was such a foto-finish. Have been lurking in this thread and its incredible how high the skill level is around here! Phaenoh: Could you please put me on the list ? I really like the idea of a renovation-contest, since it puts a little more constraint on building. Thanks!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1206 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:11 PM
Ooh yes, Phae, please add me to your list

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1207 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:14 PM Last edited by karen lorraine : 12th Sep 2013 at 6:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Congrats to kazen and damn, I added it up yesterday and thought Karen was our winner. Good thing I didn't post my premature congrats! >.<
I don't think judge 3 got what I was trying to achieve. 1970s clashed, you had patterned walls, patterned floors, patterned everything and nothing went with anything. I lived through the 70's.

Lab Assistant
#1208 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:25 PM
Congratulations kanzen! What a close finish.

I am Becca, or purplegopher, or PG. I am not necessarily kid-friendly.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1209 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:28 PM
I had the same problem with a 70s inspired kitchen I made for a TS3 contest once. The multitude of patterns wasn't taken too well by the judges. But that's ok, I loved it
Mad Poster
#1210 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:02 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 12th Sep 2013 at 6:15 PM.
Yeah, I lived through it too... the Stones said it right - "Suckin' in the Seventies" LOL! It was a REAL mess. Harvest gold? Huge afros? Funky patterns? Disco? ...ugh!

Congrats Kanzen!!! (PSST - Yes, add the 'win' to your already phenomenal resume!) *hugs back*
Congrats Karen too! Really close race there. :lovestruc I'm so glad I jumped in to the contest scene - I feel I have learned a lot, and grown as a builder. Thank you

Phae - I am ALL about renovating! Please, add me to your list I can't wait!

EDITED to add - OMG, Jones! I just clicked through to look at your kitchen. You can't get more 70's than that - yikes. It was like, a 'flashback', man... I forgot about the 'brown' everywhere - everything was brown. Not a warm, glowing brown either. More of a drab, mousey, dull brown. What was up with that? And the panelling... oh man, I gotta build something from the whacked-out 80's now. I'm an 80's girl. Graduated HS in '84. ...And was going to go to London and play traps for a punk band, eventually marry Nick Rhodes, and live on my own private "Fantasy Island", etc. But, then my hubby found me sitting 4-inches away from a TV watching MTV... and reality took over.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1211 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:38 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Sep 2013 at 7:09 PM.
Gee, Cat...in '84 I was in love with Robin Hood, the fox from the Disney version. But then again, I was 3 Not saying you're old, cause I'm no spring chicken, but you know...lol.

Ok, now you've got me going Cat. do you want a Punk Palace or a Pastel Paradise? May do both anyway, but which do you want?
Mad Poster
#1212 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Gee, Cat... Not saying you're old, ...but you know...lol.

*sigh* Yeah, I know

... My 9-yr-old daughter (only child) tries to keep me young. I'm not convinced she's succeeding...

Both. Definitely both

and Vintage Stuffeths
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1213 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:15 PM
When I was a teenager, I remember thinking 50 was really old. Now I don't even think 60 is all that old. I have aunts and uncles who are in their 60s, and I don't think they are old. So you're what, 14/15 years older than me. That's not old
Alchemist
#1214 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh

Thank you jones for such an awesome contest! I look forward to Strangetown, and in the mean time hope to get my own contests up and running.

Shameless advertising: It's going to be a while before I get my contests up, but who ever is interested, let me know if you'd like a personal invite PM about it when I do get them going just so you don't miss them. They will be building/renovating and to some extent decorating contests. One is focused on residential lots and is going to be loosely based on the HGTV series Love It or List It, and the other is about urban renewal/preservation/renovation for comm lots.

Yes please Phae, Id like that pm!

Congratulations Kanzen and Karen for the close second, and Cam for the third, I too so thought Karen had taken it!!!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#1215 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 8:38 PM
When I was a teenager, I remember thinking 50 was really old. Now I don't even think 60 is all that old. I have aunts and uncles who are in their 60s, and I don't think they are old. So you're what, 14/15 years older than me. That's not old

Jones - I remember an Algebra assignment once: we had to figure out how old we would be in the year 2000.
2000! OMG! That was soooo far into the future And, I was gonna be *gulp* 34! No way I was never gonna be that old. Like, fer sure...

I am happy to report, I am still alive. And more importantly - still kickin'! Oh yeah

and Vintage Stuffeths
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1216 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:27 PM
Oh, Cat...what have you done I've even fired up SimPE for this 80s project, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1217 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 10:18 PM
Congratulations Kanzen! Your decorating was incredible and you deserved to win.

Also congratulations karen your decorating is also incredible and I really hope you get a blue ribbon for it soon.

Our kitchen was orange and black in the 1970's and we had carpet squares on the floor. I was between 3 to 13 in the 70's.

Phae, I will find where those come from although I believe I answered this same question from you about the giraffe which is a chair last contest.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1218 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also congratulations karen your decorating is also incredible and I really hope you get a blue ribbon for it soon.
Jo I have a blue ribbon already won the multi-cultural competition. Would love to win a decorating/building competition too tho.

Alchemist
#1219 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 11:51 PM
Gee, Cat...in '84 I was in love with Robin Hood, the fox from the Disney version. But then again, I was 3 Not saying you're old, cause I'm no spring chicken, but you know...lol.

Ok, now you've got me going Cat. do you want a Punk Palace or a Pastel Paradise? May do both anyway, but which do you want?

Well from that Jones, you are the same age as me, and you are still a spring chicken! but then I still maintain I am only 29 not 32 as I am yet to still celebrate my 30th since I didn't get a get send in to my 30's!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1220 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 12:59 AM
Yup, Tiff, except I'm really not 32....well, at least not till the end of October
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1221 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 12:27 PM
Phae the giraffe chair that looks like a ride on is by birgit43.de, and is part of the Palm bed Set http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Birgit43/
The little grey car is from Simgedoehns.de but came in a lot I thought from here. The blocks I thought came in a lot as well, a lot of my old stuff did and on looking I think it's a pay item. I thought I checked all the creators but that must have slipped past. I think I'll delete that photo.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#1222 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 1:10 PM
Congrats Kazen and great job to everyone. Phae thanks for your comments and to answer your WCIF questions the green sofa is holy simoly "morris" sofa and the table was from holy simoly "arizona" collection. The iron decoration piece was actually a wallpaper but I cannot rememeber when I got it though it does say "Sue" in the catalogue.

Follow along with the residents of Tesime on the Test of Time Challenge http://www.simslifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
Tesime Family Tree
Lab Assistant
#1223 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 2:53 PM
Congratulations Kanzen,Thank you everyone that made me felt welcomed here,it was a huge experience for me.Love you guys so much,Thanks to my fellow competitors,judges and jones herself for this amazing competition that I've gathered so much knowledge from.Thanks a thousand.

Phae,For the WCIF

Also what are the opinions of all of you,If i posted some of my business up for downloads and become an official creator (with the fixes that was commented by the judges of course)! :D

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1224 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 3:48 PM
Go for it! Take the creator plunge! Post your businesses, really good comm lots can be hard to come by and so many of these are download worthy! I upped my Pleasantview makeover houses after fixing things based on the judges comments, and I'm really glad I did. I looked at their 'before and afters' and they are much stronger now.
Mad Poster
#1225 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyshix
Also what are the opinions of all of you,If i posted some of my business up for downloads and become an official creator (with the fixes that was commented by the judges of course)! :D

Yes, please! I would love to have your cafe in my 'hood :lovestruc
I'm fixing and re-doing mine for upload too. Especially the first two - the last two have WAY too much CC to upload here! I might post them on my blog, though. The Sims part of my blog is pretty much non-existant. It just leads people back here to MTS2.

Take that 'creator plunge' You'll be glad you did! And, so will we.

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 49 of 50