Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#126 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 7:16 PM
Alright, I've decided to give this a try. I'm not the best at decorating, but I hope to improve! So that's why I'm entering. I downloaded the house and put it in my CaVoi Canyon because I have Pleasantview on a flash drive with the other maxis hoods. I was going to spend more time on this little application house, but I decided to go ahead and post it because Thursdays and Fridays are ruthless to me and free time. So, erm, yeah here goes. I'll download fraps for the actual contest thingy. My picture taking is kinda shoddy, and I don't have photoshop to crop so I used paint.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 7:54 PM
There is so much pretty CC that I've never seen before in some of these houses too!
Lucia940, wcif the black sofa in your living room?

I believe it came from 4 Ever Simfantasy I only download free content and my daughter-in-law makes a lot of my items. So, if you can't find it at the link I gave, it more than likely is one of my daughter-in-law's pieces.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 10th Oct 2012 at 8:38 PM.
Welcome, RowenaLupin!

I'm so happy this contest is taking off! I thought it sounded like a fun, interesting idea so I went for it. Glad I did Also thankful daluved1 posted about it in the news section, we may fill up now!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:55 PM
*crosses fingers* Hopefully there's enough room for a Sims 2 newbie like me! :3
Here's my house! I know it's just for the application, but I've named the house, 'Quinquaginta inferias umbrae Puteulanus'.

Which is totally butchered Latin for '50 Shades of Blue'

Anyways, here's the house!

I'm still not used to TS2 and can't shake the feeling that I forgot something
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#130 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 10:08 PM
Quote:
All contestants I have a question for you (that's a switch, lol). I have gotten contest feedback two different ways in the past, in a PM and as a "spoiler" with the scores post. I don't mind either way, but if any of you would rather keep the feedback private let me know. Otherwise, I'll do it as a spoiler.

Do you mean critique of the rooms we submit?

This is only the second contest of this type that I've joined, the other being on Boolprop not here. I really liked what was done there. Each judge took the time to write up what they liked and didn't like -in a helpful way about each person’s entry and the whole thing was put up as a thread. Not sure if anyone minded seeing each person’s critique, but I found it quite helpful for the most part. Even though the judges did collaborate together it was kind of obvious after awhile that certain judges liked particular things. One judge liked clutter and another didn't! So if this is what you mean to be put under a spoiler I certainly don't mind.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you mean critique of the rooms we submit?

This is only the second contest of this type that I've joined, the other being on Boolprop not here. I really liked what was done there. Each judge took the time to write up what they liked and didn't like -in a helpful way about each person’s entry and the whole thing was put up as a thread. Not sure if anyone minded seeing each person’s critique, but I found it quite helpful for the most part. Even though the judges did collaborate together it was kind of obvious after awhile that certain judges liked particular things. One judge liked clutter and another didn't! So if this is what you mean to be put under a spoiler I certainly don't mind.

Either way is fine with me. I have a long way to go and I don't think anyone in this contest is as new at it as I am. lol However you like.
Instructor
#132 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:35 PM
So much beautiful color and creativity! Love some of that CC in the lots. I reallllyyy need a tutorial on color schemes. I like how different everyone's style is with the same exact house. :D

As for the critique, It would probably be best here because I have a habit of NOT looking at the PM/Message box thing in the corner, but either way is fine. :D
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:06 AM
Welcome, kayls42! Thoughtful of you to put your pics in a spoiler to save page loading time, but it's not necessary
So far seems like everyone is ok with in the thread, I'll probably just keep it here, unless someone specifically asks for PM instead, then I will just send that persons
Test Subject
#134 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:21 AM
I've really got to pay more attention to the contests!
Keeping within the budget was harder than I thought it was going to be!

Test Subject
#135 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:47 AM Last edited by trin250 : 11th Oct 2012 at 1:30 AM.
Default Pleasantview Home Makeover Contest
I hope I'm not too late!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:49 AM
Nice entry, hogwartsjedi!

Boy, business is really picking up since the post in the news section!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trin250
I hope I'm not too late!

Edit: How do I set an order for my pictures? They're not in they order I attached them in :/

Very nice entry trin250 If you put them in-line as well, then you can choose the order. If you don't know how to put them in-line here are some instructions

Oops! Some host I am double posting!
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Welcome, kayls42! Thoughtful of you to put your pics in a spoiler to save page loading time, but it's not necessary
So far seems like everyone is ok with in the thread, I'll probably just keep it here, unless someone specifically asks for PM instead, then I will just send that persons

I can remove the spoiler tag, if you'd like me to?

Also, looks like I may have squeaked in just in time! That news post is what brought me in, and obviously, I'm not the only one.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:03 AM
No kidding kayls42! It's filling up fast!. You can leave the spoiler for this one, but for the rest just leave them normal
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#140 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:22 AM
kpkeila, the flat screen is ShanOw's.
lipe2k, the kid's bedding is HL's and I can not, for the life of me, figure out where the master bedding is from. Poorly labeled package names don't turn up in searches.

Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
@Phaenoh, I know for sure the master bedroom end-tables come from the "IKEA inspired bedroom" at BPS, next time I load up my game I'll happily check on the other items for ya. And on a fangirl note, I feel honored to be in a contest with you because I use so much of your stuff so often! (You can see I love your white trim roof defaults).
I've looked twice now (even registered) and I still can't find it. Usually I'd give up at this point, but we have those in our actual bedroom so I totally need the sim version. And I'm just glad you like my work!

hogwartsjedi, wcif the kids room wall scribbles?
trin250, wcif your couches and that sweet bathroom sink?

jones, I'm sorry that I'm derailing your contest thread with all these wcifs; I don't lurk on any other sims sites than MTS. I'll knock it off if it bothers you. But it does keep the thread active and is a reason for contestants to talk with each other As for the judges comments, I'd personally rather see them in the thread so I can read my competitions' comments as well as my own >
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:27 AM
Phae, I assumed that would be your preference, as that's how we got them in the scrapbooking contest And no I don't mind all the WCIFs, I'm curious too, lol.
Instructor
#142 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:44 AM Last edited by RowenaLupin : 11th Oct 2012 at 1:46 AM. Reason: Edit: I'm an idiot. Same place.
http://www.holysimoly.com/index.cfm...&pagestartrow=4 - The couch

http://www.holysimoly.com/index.cfm...&pagestartrow=2 - for the scribbles.

The sink I have it, but can't remember. (my dleds are scary)

Test Subject
#143 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:44 AM
Very nice entry trin250 If you put them in-line as well, then you can choose the order. If you don't know how to put them in-line here are some instructions

Thanks I'm excited, I've never done a contest or anything here but it's always seemed like so much fun. Plus I need a lot of decorating practice.

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
trin250, WCIF your couches and that sweet bathroom sink?

The couches are from Holy Simoly and the sink is here, it's #5 in the picture!
Theorist
#144 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:45 AM
All contestants I have a question for you (that's a switch, lol). I have gotten contest feedback two different ways in the past, in a PM and as a "spoiler" with the scores post. I don't mind either way, but if any of you would rather keep the feedback private let me know. Otherwise, I'll do it as a spoiler.

That depends on the nature of the feedback. If it's "Dear Lord, what made you think that was a good idea?! You stink!" then I'd prefer it in a PM. If it's "The rooms are nice, but the huge swaths of sky are really distracting -- have you considered ceiling tiles?" then I'm okay with having it in a spoiler for other nosy people like me to see. I sometimes learn from other people's feedback too.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
#145 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:12 AM
Woah, really filling up now! Tis great, but...Jones, can we have a slight increase in time for judging, especially if there does end up being 20?!

Oh, and esmeiolanthe, that first kind of critique isn't exactly allowed - it will be the constructive, polite latter version

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#146 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
That depends on the nature of the feedback. If it's "Dear Lord, what made you think that was a good idea?! You stink!" then I'd prefer it in a PM. If it's "The rooms are nice, but the huge swaths of sky are really distracting -- have you considered ceiling tiles?" then I'm okay with having it in a spoiler for other nosy people like me to see. I sometimes learn from other people's feedback too.

But, but that's funny! We should all be able to point and laugh... most likely at mine. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:32 AM
Yeah, Croutonian I think we'll need more judging time, how long do you think? 72 hrs? Is another day enough? I don't want it to be too long, because I know I like to have my feedback in enough time to consider it for the next round.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:43 AM
Yeah, I'm happy with 72 hours

Instructor
#149 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:46 AM
I was thinking of joining the contest. I even worked on the house and took the pictures on Sunday. But I think I'll sit this one out, but follow along (I don't like being judged on my sim decorating much). I'm glad it has plenty of support though. I look forward to seeing what everyone else has (and the links to the CC is great help).
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:03 AM
Default Application
Well, here goes. That starter budget is a killer, :0) this is naked for me, I love clutter in sims homes

Page 6 of 45