Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#101 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
I've now realised that I actually know this property very well - the first sim I made was my self-sim and when she moved in with her husband, this was their first house!!
That made me laugh Croutonian, because I used this very same lot when I first started playing TS2 too! My self-sim grew up in that house... and my sim-parents still live there in my old Pleasantview.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I never lose a chance to say something bad about EAxis

Lucia, I can see your entry perfectly! I'm really happy things worked out between you and your pictures!

This contest is already being really fun, and all the entries are looking great! I love building and decorating houses in my game, and if you do the same for all the other basegame neighborhoods count me in

Thank you so much lipe2k! If jones had not have helped me, I would never have got it done. So glad you can see it. I should have used fraps for the pictures and kept the walls up though. Croutonian, thank you for the great information!! I started using the camerman recently. I now have fraps and gimp so I think I should be fine. Great links!!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 7:46 PM
Glad you got some more programs to help you out, Lucia!
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 8:09 PM Last edited by sharill63 : 9th Oct 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Ok, here is my application, but looking at all the entrants, I am in awe what everyone could do within the budget! I see I'll have to work much harder! *I noticed that I'm not the only one to move the kitchen! *Edited to put pics with text. *sorry about the pics, had a little problem with my editing program!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 8:22 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 9th Oct 2012 at 9:40 PM.
sharill63, welcome to our little contest If you could put your pics in-line as well, that would be wonderful.

*Edit* Thanks for the in-lines
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:16 AM
Oh noes!I wanted to enter the contest, although my orginial entry I was doing was in my Sims 2. Unfortunately, My disc broke! The entry and everything was done! I was about to take pics of it the next day but my relative broke the disc I ordererd another disc and perhaps it will come in tomorrow before another entry is entered.

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kpkeila
Oh noes!I wanted to enter the contest, although my orginial entry I was doing was in my Sims 2. Unfortunately, My disc broke! The entry and everything was done! I was about to take pics of it the next day but my relative broke the disc I ordererd another disc and perhaps it will come in tomorrow before another entry is entered.

I'm taking up to 15 contestants, we just need 10 to keep going. So there are still 6 spots left I just only put the first 10 in the table since that was the minimum. If I get an over whelming response by Saturday, might even consider up to 20...
#108 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:49 AM
For future reference, how do we get the pics to show up in-line at the bottom? (I apologize for my ignorance, it took me ages just to figure out how to add the contest to my sig with the underlined title showing instead of the long HTTP address, haha). I'd like to be able to do that next round.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
For future reference, how do we get the pics to show up in-line at the bottom? (I apologize for my ignorance, it took me ages just to figure out how to add the contest to my sig with the underlined title showing instead of the long HTTP address, haha). I'd like to be able to do that next round.

Upload them as attachment to your post instead of using a photo hosting site.
#110 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Upload them as attachment to your post instead of using a photo hosting site.

Cheers, Jones. Thanks so much!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#111 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:54 AM
A build competition? I can't pass those up! Ok, so it's not actually building, cuz we can't change any structure, but I love the budget twist you've thrown in instead. LOVE doing budget houses! I had already done over my original version so I'm going to be plunking these 5 houses down in my Bluewater Downtown instead. I'm a little concerned because the judges for this contest were all contestants in my last contest! Please don't hate on me! :p

There is so much pretty CC that I've never seen before in some of these houses too!
lipe2k, wcif the tablecloth and your patio set?
joandsarah77, wcif that side table in your dining room and the pictures in your kid's room?
GlorianaGlowbee, wcif the nightstands in your master bedroom, the corner table in the dining room, and that gorgeous clock?
Lucia940, wcif the black sofa in your living room?
Liv, wcif the orange polka dot bedding, the blanket, pillows, curtains (everything you have is so pretty!), that excellent outdoor bench, and also your dining set?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:57 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 10th Oct 2012 at 3:09 AM.
And we have 10! Great work, Phaenoh! (Although I can't decide whether that toilet paper holder is cute or kind of scary, lol)

We are official now! Will still be accepting applications till Saturday or 20 contestants, whichever comes first Can't wait to start the first round!

P.S.-(a bit of topic) Phae, I just discovered your tire swing earlier...AMAZING!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#113 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:12 AM
Yah we're official!

Phaenoh I think they come from BlackPearlSims, but I will have to check that. I keep seeing cc I haven't seen before and wondering where it comes from as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:59 AM
Excellent Phaenoh! I'm digging that flat screen

Also, Im surprised you had any non-medival furniture!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#115 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kpkeila
Also, Im surprised you had any non-medival furniture!
Did you perceive me as a medieval simmer? I have a medieval Veronaville, but I haven't played it in ages (years). Why were you surprised?
Field Researcher
#116 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:11 AM
I might enter; I have to ask, though, do added half-walls incur a penalty as 'added walls'? (Sorry if this was already asked.) I recently discovered a love for them, haha. I might do a 50's (with a kitsch rockabilly/diner influence) themed entry... I hope I can find the time; I should be studying right now...

~Jo
Shady, Bruno, Nouk, Fanseelamb and JB: You all help to break my downloads folder. You're all so brilliant, so I wanted to say thanks.
"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#117 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:14 AM
10 contestants, sweeeet! I hope more join, I love seeing all of these makeovers so much. I totally dork out and run over here when I see a new post, haha. I love them all.

@Phaenoh, I know for sure the master bedroom end-tables come from the "IKEA inspired bedroom" at BPS, next time I load up my game I'll happily check on the other items for ya. And on a fangirl note, I feel honored to be in a contest with you because I use so much of your stuff so often! (You can see I love your white trim roof defaults).

Lab Assistant
#118 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
lipe2k, wcif the tablecloth and your patio set?

The tablecloth was made by Nengi65, who closed his/her blog. But I found an archive with his/her stuff in here, with some recolors as well: http://untidyfan.livejournal.com/9655.html There are more recolors in here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=379605 . I've aleady looked for more recolors, but unfortunately I couldn't find any...

The patio set was designed by Honeywell, here at MTS and it's reeeeeeally good http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470191

Beautiful entry by the way! Do you, by any chance, know where you got that bedding from?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#119 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:29 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Oct 2012 at 5:40 AM.
I just put on a ton of Nengi65 stuff yesterday. After seeing your table clothes I realized I didn't have any and suddenly needed some! So I went and Googled table clothes and it's the same set.

The low sideboard is part of this add on set. http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downl...do=file&id=5917

edit: The shelf with the pictures says it's from Sims Divine- and I think it must be closed as I can't find it anymore. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim_addict94
I might enter; I have to ask, though, do added half-walls incur a penalty as 'added walls'? (Sorry if this was already asked.) I recently discovered a love for them, haha. I might do a 50's (with a kitsch rockabilly/diner influence) themed entry... I hope I can find the time; I should be studying right now...

Half walls are allowed.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:34 PM
Default Entry
Hello contest buddies!!

First of all, jones this is a great contest concept. Secondly, I'm glad that I enter. If it wasn't for that guy who posted about the contest in the "News" section, I would have missed it. I rarely visit the contest forums.

The application house is done, and I'm in budget. I haven't used any CC this time, but I'm going to consider about using. It seems I'm the only one who used that silly empty squares at the middle of the house, for something that is not a fireplace.

We've got some serious applicants...

Front

Top Down

Extra

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:01 PM
All entries are looking great! This is going to be a tough competition, which is very good =D I'm loving to see how many different results we can get from the same lot! This is different from the Foundations for Families contest, because we can't make structural changes and the placement of walls, windows and doors must remain unchanged so that's what I'm noticing the most.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:44 PM
Oh, thanks, Phae :D

I managed to find everything
The orange polka dot bedding - mesh is propably one of these: http://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=1106.0
or these: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downl...?do=file&id=681 [all are slaved to Jonesi's bed blanket]
They are very similliar, so it's hard to tell which one exactly it is.
Reclor: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downl...do=file&id=4412
The blanket - http://an-nas.livejournal.com/22814.html#cutid1
Pillows - bed pillows? I think they are from here: http://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=1939.0 [also slaved to Jonesi's bed blanket]
Curtains - http://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=1124.0 [slaved to holy simoly's curtains]
Outdoor bench - https://sites.google.com/site/shoukeir/objects4
Dining set - http://buggybooz.blogspot.com/2010/01/emma-dining.html

@up: in fact I took part in similiar competition on another forum and that's why I decided to particpiate in this one I really like renovating sims' houses Even more than building from scratch, which is very time-consuming.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm a little concerned because the judges for this contest were all contestants in my last contest! Please don't hate on me!

Don't worry...you were the all important 10th contestant so there'll be no discrimination! lol

Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
(Although I can't decide whether that toilet paper holder is cute or kind of scary, lol)

I definitely found it more scary, though highly amusing too - it kinda looks like it'll start hitting you with the toilet roll the moment you sit on the loo!!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:10 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 10th Oct 2012 at 6:32 PM.
Quote:
I definitely found it more scary, though highly amusing too - it kinda looks like it'll start hitting you with the toilet roll the moment you sit on the loo!!

Glad, I'm not the only one, lol.

Welcome, MAB-2000!

All contestants I have a question for you (that's a switch, lol). I have gotten contest feedback two different ways in the past, in a PM and as a "spoiler" with the scores post. I don't mind either way, but if any of you would rather keep the feedback private let me know. Otherwise, I'll do it as a spoiler.

Page 5 of 45