Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 9:39 PM
Tray has never worked
Hello, have been back to the Sims for a few months now, have what seems to be a unique problem. Since day 1 cannot get Tray items into the game. My created sims and lots are in the tray as they are supposed to be. I have reinstalled 3 times (maybe 4),picked the brains of several people that are regular players, that I know on the web. Gone thru step after step. Nothing has helped. Download from the Gallery. Nada CC from creators, Sims and Lots just will not show up. I'm just too darn old and decrepit to start crying on my keyboard...but it sure is tempting. Can anybody give me some clues? I appreciate any suggestions...and thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:21 AM
Did you tick the box that says Include Custom Content?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Did you tick the box that says Include Custom Content?

Yes...even check it when I log almost everytime.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:45 AM
I assume you've extracted the zip/rar files if there were any and you don't have zip/rar files in the Tray folder, right?

maybe try a game repair and/or a folder refresh?
for the folder refresh just take out all of the important folders and drop them on your desktop
that includes : Mods, Tray, Screenshots, Recorded Videos, Saves and probably the Options.ini file, which is your settings in game..
then delete the Sims 4 folder and open the game, exit without saving and you should have a brand new folder
then try to place back your stuff from the desktop and open the game again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 10:22 PM
Cool idea, will try that, and let you know....thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EnaudRecneps
Cool idea, will try that, and let you know....thanks

Nope didnt work.....sigh almost think it might be something with my pc...
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 11:30 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the inside of your Tray folder
and another one of your Library in game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 1:28 AM
will try
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EnaudRecneps
will try

Tray hasn't worked for me either.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 5:05 PM
This is really curious. When you look at your tray folder YourComputer>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Tray - you should see the following files in there:

*.trayitem, *.householdbinary, *.hhi, *.blueprint, *.bpi, *.sgi and *.midi. If you have anything other than those files, it doesn't belong there. When you download a sim or lot, or household or room, a combination of those file extensions will then be added to your folder. If any of those files are missing, a red x will appear across the gallery photo and the downloaded item will not show up.

@EnaudRecneps, @sims2ultralover5, If you can take screenshots of your documents folder and upload them to imgur (make sure you get the link) - that would be helpful. I hope we can help you resolve this.