Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 9:33 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 4th Feb 2020 at 11:04 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default SOLVED: Missing thumbnails in Buy Mode, missing Sim portrait in UI, other issues
Hello guys, I've got weird things happening in my game again...

First it started with a toddler that had 0 days left till he grew up, but insisted on not growing up, so I reset him via MC and tried the command again, only to see he had turned into a pudding face generic NPC and lost all his genetic features. Bug 1. My game crashed soon enough while trying to go into Edit Town, so I restarted. This time I gave my town a solid "Reset Everything" via MC. All seemed well except some random objects in Buy Mode (all are Premium Objects, like the Canning Station, had lost their thumbnails. Also some items in my Sims' inventory like Ketchup, Milk etc had lost their thumbnails. Lastly, my Sims had lost their portraits (the big, singular one of the controlled sim) in the UI. Finally I decide to save and quit, then I encounter another crash while saving. What's going on?!

The only thing I did differently which might have bugged up my game is moving a family from the custom world Northeney to Appaloosa Plains, by saving the family into the family bin. I know it's not a very safe way to move sims but I have been doing this all the time, for what 10 years? Can this alone bug up my game so badly? What to do now?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 5:07 AM
Northeney is one of my most favorite custom worlds. I think moving a family into the family bin is a safe way to place them in another save or world, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you switched worlds by going to the main menu and then reloading another world, instead of quitting and relaunching your game, that can cause issues. Missing thumbnails are usually regenerated after quitting and reloading. The missing UI is a serious problem, and I have never recovered a save once that happens. In my game it is usually a result of too much traveling with the EA travel system (and without NRaas Traveler installed). I think you may have to revert to a save from before the issues occurred. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Northeney is one of my most favorite custom worlds. I think moving a family into the family bin is a safe way to place them in another save or world, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you switched worlds by going to the main menu and then reloading another world, instead of quitting and relaunching your game, that can cause issues. Missing thumbnails are usually regenerated after quitting and reloading. The missing UI is a serious problem, and I have never recovered a save once that happens. In my game it is usually a result of too much traveling with the EA travel system (and without NRaas Traveler installed). I think you may have to revert to a save from before the issues occurred. Good luck!

Thank you Attuned! My issue has been solved. I didn't know quitting to main menu and then directly going into another save could create issues like this. Northeney is indeed a beautiful world, but the roadlessness is driving me mad! Sims getting late for work/school everyday... So I figured I'd move my fav families to other worlds for a fresh start (with cars!).