Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 3:53 PM
That one Sim Textures Glitch/See Through/Black
Hi guys I hope you can help me, because I ran out of ideas.

So I updated my game with the Island Living expansion, played a little and didn't notice anything strange.

Till I encountered one of my other Sims.

Almost everything she's made of is CC and now all it's textures are bugged. You can see the textures only when zoomed very close in or in the CAS.

It's really strange because disabling everything she's wearing doesn't help and the clothes on other Sims work fine. Even vanilla clothes, hair etc. glitch on her.

I tried replacing the specular maps, deleting cashe (it only fixed her icon), changing game settings, updating mods, even deleting her and replacing with the one from the gallery that gets automatically saved there... without success.

See the screenshot. (Hope it's not nsfw... can't shoot it any other way...)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sinno
Hi guys I hope you can help me, because I ran out of ideas.

So I updated my game with the Island Living expansion, played a little and didn't notice anything strange.

Till I encountered one of my other Sims.

Almost everything she's made of is CC and now all it's textures are bugged. You can see the textures only when zoomed very close in or in the CAS.

It's really strange because disabling everything she's wearing doesn't help and the clothes on other Sims work fine. Even vanilla clothes, hair etc. glitch on her.

I tried replacing the specular maps, deleting cashe (it only fixed her icon), changing game settings, updating mods, even deleting her and replacing with the one from the gallery that gets automatically saved there... without success.

See the screenshot. (Hope it's not nsfw... can't shoot it any other way...)

Having a very similar problem.

Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 6:40 AM
For anyone else seeing this issue with CC, BushyGamer / Nisa K was able to provide me with a fix:

Open Sims 4 Studio , open the CC, click 'Shadow' in the 'Texture' tab and click 'Make Blank' and save.

Appears that new versions dont' accept certain shadow map sizes used by older CC.

Of course, all of this assumes you know which CC it is you need to apply the fix for.