Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:40 PM
@Arsil-

Tested the new versions and the hand placement is looking good. The Level 1 song does scratch or sputter each time it's played at the beginning but the other two sounded great start to finish. Even made 16 simoleons in tips. lol I included a picture of the sax before I redid the texture files. You can resize and use that image or one of the others from my blog to use for the thumbnail. I did notice when I hovered over the sax in the sims inventory it has a blank box. Might be because the object name is empty.
Screenshots

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 12:59 PM
If mspoodle1 agrees, the object can be considered finished.

I know that the animations are bad, but, unless I get motivated to improve them
or someone else takes over, they are done too.

The problem is that I can't find instrumental solos (I found 3 but copyrighted).
Any suggestions? I wanted to use jazz and blues, but at this point anything goes.

This site lists songs divided by difficulty level (coincidentally there are 4 levels, just like this mod),
https://www.8notes.com/saxophone/sh...c/?difficulty=1
but I can't find those songs anywhere.
Site Helper
#53 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 1:43 PM
I found this site, which lists sites that carry royalty-free music. Most of the music is likely to be unsuitable, but there may be something.
http://www.adweek.com/digital/royalty-free-music/

There is also https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...=saxophone+solo
which is the result of searching for "Saxophone Solo" on Youtube. It doesn't guarantee that the music is not copyrighted, but it's a good start.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:22 PM
@Arsil I'm good with that if you are.

And I did some searching and found this http://www.capotastomusic.com/alto-...-music/easy.htm . It's all public domain and I believe his arrangements are free to use.

Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Arsil : 29th Jun 2017 at 8:31 AM.
I've re-uploaded the _Audio package in post #50,
I can't trust my audio system for the scratchy sounds at the start,
so can you test it for me (even the old songs)?

7 tunes (only 1 for level 3), 3 are from http://www.capotastomusic.com/alto-...-music/easy.htm.
Look for scratchy sounds at the start or any other anomalies.

mspoodle1, can I use one of the screenshots you posted in this thread
(post #49, the middle one) as screenshot for the mod?
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 4:33 PM Last edited by mspoodle1 : 29th Jun 2017 at 6:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
mspoodle1, can I use one of the screenshots you posted in this thread
(post #49, the middle one) as screenshot for the mod?

Absolutely! Use any of them for whatever you need.

I'll also test the music today the next time I go in game. I'll report back soon.

EDIT -
@Arsil - Tested and the 3rd and 7th song have that scratchy sounds at the beginning of the song.

Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mspoodle1
Tested and the 3rd and 7th song have that scratchy sounds at the beginning of the song.

*sigh*
I'm so fed up with this mod but I don't want your work to go to waste.

I'll try again, but I have no idea why some songs turn out fine and some not.
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
*sigh*
I'm so fed up with this mod but I don't want your work to go to waste.

I'll try again, but I have no idea why some songs turn out fine and some not.

I'm sure it's frustrating. Just keep at it. I can't help with the music stuff (everything I know about it I learned from you) so I'll just offer moral support and help testing when you need it.

Inventor
Original Poster
#59 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:28 PM
Removed attachments from this thread and uploaded the sax's assets in the official page of the mod.
I've removed the 3 songs from TS1. I liked them very much (thanks again Naus), but they still had issues:
sometimes they caused resets and even crashes, at least for me.
Fixed the STBLs of the object (whoops).

mspoodle1, the encoding process we discussed via PM some time ago is not good (it makes the game crash,
see how I updated the Limbo mod). If you ever need to do something else music/sound related, see the process
linked in this thread, hopefully that works correctly.
Forgive me for the lame sax's animations and playlist, your mesh deserved better.
Thank you for your hard work.

icemunmun, if you finish the flute, I'll make sure to upload it (I'll keep checking the forum, but less frequently).

If someone else wants to make assets for the other instruments (or update existing ones), be my guest,
you don't need me. TIP: before anything else, check if there are available audio resources for the instrument.

Bye bye ^^
Scholar
#60 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 5:07 PM
Please don't give up! =( This mod means the world to me. Like you have no idea. I have always dreamed of someone being ambitious enough to make a mod like this, but didn't think that anyone cared enough. But seeing as EA never actually adds woodwind and brass instruments to the games themselves, it is problematic for me because these are the instruments I want my Sims to be playing more than the others!

This makes me so happy, my Sims can finally actually play a saxophone, instead of just having one for poses! I would be lying if I said I almost didn't tear up.

Anyway, that isn't the only reason I'm making this post. I can't really help with modding stuff - I'm terrible with coding, modeling, any of that... But as far as the oboe goes, I can say I play the oboe and have a fairly high quality recording microphone. I don't know if that could help you out? I'm no professional, but I could try.

Really wish I could help more than that, but I've tried programming and stuff before, it gave me a giant migraine and made me want to jump off a cliff, so no more of that.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#61 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:10 AM
Reviving this thread - I love the work you're doing. Has anyone figured out a way to add new buyable songs (via songbook, like EA's sheet music for guitar etc)? If that's a thing, I'd love to help with the assets for that.

Just an FYI for everyone: covers of music are not covered by mechanical copyright, so as long as the music you're supplying for the instruments 1) isn't a professionally released recording and 2) you're not uploading the mod to a paysite, you're legally in the clear. So if you find a sick Beyonce saxophone solo on YouTube, it can legally go in the mod as long as it's not by BeyonceVEVO and you're not selling it. (You should still contact the musicians and ask, though.)

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Page 3 of 3