Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6576 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:22 PM
I discovered that the Unsavory Charlatan is a sentimental old softie. If he is present on a community lot where a wedding arch is being used, the charlatan will be summoned to watch the wedding just like any other sim. After it's over, he will applaud along with everybody else and even appears to get a bit misty-eyed. Then, once it's all over, the charlatan will go right back to repeatedly trying to steal the bride's wallet.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6577 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I discovered that the Unsavory Charlatan is a sentimental old softie.

He is a softie. He just needs better taste in women. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1szDv3vWR0k
Inventor
#6578 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Sketching : 18th Nov 2018 at 4:01 PM. Reason: typos; really need some new glasses
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I discovered that the Unsavory Charlatan is a sentimental old softie.

So sentimental that he stalks by sims' houses constantly wanting to greet old "friends"?!

I discovered probably one of the weirdest mod conflicts I've ever had - every time I had someone influence Sim A to appreciate Sim B, Sim A and Sim B would go woohoo. This isn't the type of appreciation I had in mind! To myself, why in the world is this happening? I don't remember putting in any risque mods in this folder, but I wouldn't put it past myself to have accidentally dropped one in.

Time for another 50/50 - I almost feel as if I've done 50 of those ever since I first played TS2.
Mad Poster
#6579 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:50 AM
If there's multiple phones in a household (except for cell phones), multiple Sims can hold a conversation with the same Sim simultaneously.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6580 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 4:48 AM
Sims can get the "Do you want to subscribe to our magazine?" calls even when they're on a community lot and don't have a cell phone.
Mad Poster
#6581 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:22 AM
Teenagers can "chill" on a swingset.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6582 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:05 PM
A cat wanted to chase off, presumably for occupying the bathroom that she wanted to use (had an X over the invading sim on her thought bubble). Does this apply to all cats?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6583 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A cat wanted to chase off, presumably for occupying the bathroom that she wanted to use (had an X over the invading sim on her thought bubble). Does this apply to all cats?

It seems to be only some cats. I think it's based on personality, but I'm not sure which part.
Mad Poster
#6584 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 2:54 AM
When merging packages in SimPE, it's possible to drag the files directly from an archive opened in 7-Zip into SimPE. This saves the step of extracting the files first.

Lab Assistant
#6585 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 3:37 AM
My romance sim brought home a friend from work (Slacker career), and it just so happened to be Mr. Big. They had a date, woohoo'ed and when she came home from work the next day, I got a pop-up that he had pulled some strings at work to get her a promotion! I've played for 10 years and never seen that!

She rolled the want to top her career, but I use Cyjon's 'Edukashun Iz Gud' and she was made in CAS. I had them date again, and the same thing happened and I repeated aaalll the way to her topping her career
Now I need to test if it was because every date was a Dream Date that did it, or the fact that they woohoo'ed every date that did it. Either way, it's a 'fun' option for my career minded CAS sims to consider
Mad Poster
#6586 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 21st Nov 2018 at 9:47 PM.
When you merge package files and then Compressorize them, the resulting files actually end up a bit smaller. It's only by a few kilobytes (13.4 mb to 12.7 mb for one folder), but it does add up after a while.

It makes sense when you understand compression. Most compression algorithms look for repeated patterns in the file and then squish them down. If you have multiple files merged into one big one, there's more of a chance for there to be repeated patterns. (This is also why zipping up already-compressed files, such as MP3s, often results in the file being larger than the original. There's not much to squish down, so trying to compress it any further actually adds overhead to the file. Ask Leo has a good article about this.)

Top Secret Researcher
#6587 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:04 PM
I don't know why it took me so long to notice this, but some kids will jump into the air to change clothes while others just whirl around on their feet. It seems to have something to do with active points--Quinn, Yvette, and Zane (9, 6, and 10 points respectively) jumped, while William (2 points) just spun.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#6588 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
My romance sim brought home a friend from work (Slacker career), and it just so happened to be Mr. Big. They had a date, woohoo'ed and when she came home from work the next day, I got a pop-up that he had pulled some strings at work to get her a promotion! I've played for 10 years and never seen that!

She rolled the want to top her career, but I use Cyjon's 'Edukashun Iz Gud' and she was made in CAS. I had them date again, and the same thing happened and I repeated aaalll the way to her topping her career
Now I need to test if it was because every date was a Dream Date that did it, or the fact that they woohoo'ed every date that did it. Either way, it's a 'fun' option for my career minded CAS sims to consider

I just had this exact experience just now with Phoebe Adams the Infallibly Good Witch!! She had a Dream Date with Gilbert Jacquet and both are in Slacker Career! I never knew this existed, so cool!!
Mad Poster
#6589 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:19 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:50 AM.
Children in low aspiration can autonomously smash dollhouses. I guess Birnam is mad at his big sister for disappearing on him.

Scholar
#6590 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:35 AM
Discovered my first ever "Missing Neighbor for Data Access" error! Hopefully fixed it now after researching about it!
Mad Poster
#6591 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:50 AM
That walkbys might get pulled in by "call for meal.../everyone." My self-Sim (only two outgoing) wandered in and started eating some banana bread. Might be hack conflict.

Mad Poster
#6592 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:39 AM
Ooh, Banana bread. Where did you get that from?
Mad Poster
#6593 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:43 AM
It was made by InLoveWithRed. I think they're here on MTS.

Mad Poster
#6594 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:58 PM
Looks like French toast. Must now go make for breakfast

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#6595 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I don't know why it took me so long to notice this, but some kids will jump into the air to change clothes while others just whirl around on their feet. It seems to have something to do with active points--Quinn, Yvette, and Zane (9, 6, and 10 points respectively) jumped, while William (2 points) just spun.

That's true. More active and energetic Sims jump while lazy Sims whirl around because even changing clothes... requires... so much effort.... *yawn*
Mad Poster
#6596 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Looks like French toast. Must now go make for breakfast

I also have some custom French toast, made by AbstractSIMmer187. Also think they're here on MTS.

My Sims eat far better than I do.

Mad Poster
#6597 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote:

I mean, when they have lobster thermidor just because they have enough cooking points? Everyone has that in their refrigerator..

It doesn't take much to boil a lobster, but by god, it certainly takes a lot to buy that lobster! (and right now in Maine the average price I'm looking at is $8 a pound-not the dock price, which is half of that. Oh, to live in the city!)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6598 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:29 AM
The Sims 3 handled cooking a little better. You actually had to learn the recipes and then go buy the ingredients from the store. I can see that getting annoying, though.

Mad Poster
#6599 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:45 AM
If your Sim has a green thumb they can grow the ingredients instead of buying it from the store. I've always found Sims 3 gardening more fun with the larger variety of plants.
Mad Poster
#6600 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I also have some custom French toast, made by AbstractSIMmer187. Also think they're here on MTS.

I had some French toast from here somewhere, but I got rid of it because the mesh was broken.
Page 264 of 442