Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6551 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:29 AM
Tonight was the first time I've seen teens who are just friends tell each other dirty jokes. (Usually I only see dirty jokes between romantic partners both teen and adult) but tonight I saw teen Rick Marsh tell a dirty joke to teen Jeff Pleasant in the back ground when I sent Brad Burb downtown to buy new clothes. Rick and Jeff are best friends forever and not romantic, so I was a little surprised to see them telling dirty jokes, as I said I usually only see them between romantic partners, but they are not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6552 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Tonight was the first time I've seen teens who are just friends tell each other dirty jokes. (Usually I only see dirty jokes between romantic partners both teen and adult) but tonight I saw teen Rick Marsh tell a dirty joke to teen Jeff Pleasant in the back ground when I sent Brad Burb downtown to buy new clothes. Rick and Jeff are best friends forever and not romantic, so I was a little surprised to see them telling dirty jokes, as I said I usually only see them between romantic partners, but they are not.

Dirty jokes between teenage boys sounds totally normal. XD
Forum Resident
#6553 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:34 AM
Sims can apparently get angry on each other when they get a baby. Special if one of them didn’t want a child.

I thought first time I saw it was a mistake but nope... another sim got angry on one who just gave birth to their child

(And yet the female sim can give birth to someone’s else’s child in front of her husband and he doesn’t get angry... Whut...)

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6554 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:04 PM
Not his responsibility lol.
Scholar
#6555 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:52 PM
I just made a fresh install on my new machine and wanted to check what the game looked like and how it worked. Went into Belladonna cove, a hood I have never been playing. While playing a lot I did find this area outside a lot and was really surprised.

It turded out to be hood deco, an "alley". I have never seen that before as I do not do many changes outside the lot. (Personal opinion is that it does not looks so great but nevermind).
Mad Poster
#6556 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 10:27 AM
Not so much "today" but "years ago," but I actually never knew that males urinated standing up until I saw it in TS2. I was 20 at the time. (I thought urinals were used to wash off afterwards. I was...kind of sheltered.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6557 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 4:40 PM
I do not want to take the thread off topic but it buggs me that urinals can not be cleaned. I Use one on a OFB lot, a bar, and have to replace it when it's to dirty. *facepalm*
Mad Poster
#6558 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:37 PM
F10 makes the UI disappear... why do I feel like this is something that's probably been unbelievably obvious to most of you?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6559 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
F10 makes the UI disappear... why do I feel like this is something that's probably been unbelievably obvious to most of you?

As well, it keeps the game in standard camera mode. This is handy for those few instances where tab/freecamera glitches out.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6560 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 8:34 PM
Dogs who have run away can die and come back as ghosts. Buffy ran off a while ago and eventually disappeared from the panel. I figured that meant she was gone for good, but didn't realize she was gone from the world. A few nights later I saw her floating around the lot.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6561 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 12:49 AM
Twojeff's visitor controller might accidentally zap away SimWardrobe's Sani-Bot 5000. Oops.

Mad Poster
#6562 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

I didn't know that. I always use tab.

Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Dogs who have run away can die and come back as ghosts. Buffy ran off a while ago and eventually disappeared from the panel. I figured that meant she was gone for good, but didn't realize she was gone from the world. A few nights later I saw her floating around the lot.

I had that with a cat once. Her grave was dumped at the very back of the lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#6563 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:42 PM
I learned the hard way you can't edit antique camera photos in SimPE while they're in a Sim's catalogue. I had to do it all over.
Mad Poster
#6564 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:19 AM
If a Sim takes a kite outside an apartment to fly it, they'll put it down outside and it can't be moved without building cheats.

Inventor
#6565 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 4:04 AM
That apparently the function GetRandomTownieParents is not only responsible for generating babies to adopt, but also for getting introduced to new friends via networking. I discovered a while ago it's apparently impossible to generate a new baby for adoption without townies. Toddlers and children would generate fine, so I suspected it was due to babies being generated via a slightly different process (since you can make toddlers and children in CAS but not babies). I just got an error as one sim was networking with another and checking the logs shows it was attempting to run a Sub - New Friend. I guess it couldn't pull from the social groups and since there were no townies, it didn't have any sims to properly execute. Makes me wonder what other events use the same function!
Mad Poster
#6566 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Pregnant simmers can actually go to work ---
Only took me like

10 years to realize

Although I do know what you actually meant, but simmers are players of the sims. Kind of a funny context.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#6567 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 8:06 PM
I ran HcDU. I currently have no conflict.
Mad Poster
#6568 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 8:26 PM
Apparently Sims have to have a high relationship to accept talk about hobby. I've never seen a Sim reject talk about hobby until just now. Bruno Ruggbryne was abducted by aliens and his daughter from that abduction is now a child. Hydra had a want to talk about hobby and since Bruno was at work I had her try to talk about hobby to Mamie. Mamie immediately rejected her and it hurt the relationship. I didn't realize their relationship was around 20/20, but apparently it needs to be higher than that to accept.
Alchemist
#6569 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 8:49 PM
about hobby talking; Freetime's Prima Guide seems to tell that acceptance depends on both enthusiasm and Daily.
Top Secret Researcher
#6570 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:05 PM
I discovered that the garden club can go INTO the house and complain about the trash even though it's called GARDEN club and not HOUSE club...
Always lock your doors!

I also discovered that a sim can resurrect their family members even if they've never met them. It depends on how closely related they are. This sim who is in generation 11 was able to resurrect his half-brother who is in generation 3. They became instant best friends. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#6571 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
That apparently the function GetRandomTownieParents is not only responsible for generating babies to adopt, but also for getting introduced to new friends via networking. I discovered a while ago it's apparently impossible to generate a new baby for adoption without townies. Toddlers and children would generate fine, so I suspected it was due to babies being generated via a slightly different process (since you can make toddlers and children in CAS but not babies). I just got an error as one sim was networking with another and checking the logs shows it was attempting to run a Sub - New Friend. I guess it couldn't pull from the social groups and since there were no townies, it didn't have any sims to properly execute. Makes me wonder what other events use the same function!

So are adoptee babies generated with random DNA and personality points instead of default zodiac sign points?
Scholar
#6572 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:27 PM
I was playing whit Move_objects today and discovered that it's possible to mix two flower beds at the same place. I'm sure most of you have known this from "day one" but I'm not that smart
Mad Poster
#6573 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 1:07 AM
Whoops. I accidentally found out that Sims can be hit by lightning while flying a kite. Vadim Simovitch was flying a kite and a thunderstorm started. Lightning hit him before I realized he was in danger and he is now fried. Thankfully he didn't die.
Inventor
#6574 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:24 AM Last edited by Devon Aster : 18th Nov 2018 at 7:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
So are adoptee babies generated with random DNA and personality points instead of default zodiac sign points?

I honestly don't know, as I didn't test it that much. I stumbled across the error when attempting to have a sim couple adopt a baby in a townie-less hood. As I had already saved after they arranged the adoption, I tried a few different times before seeing if trying to adopt a toddler would pop up the same error. It didn't. The toddler was generated without issue. I didn't try generating test townies to see if any adopted babies would end up with their DNA/Personalities. Though I admit I'm curious now what would happen if you seeded the townie pool with really unusual sims. Hmmm.

EDIT:
Ok, so I was curious enough to actually do a bit of testing on this. It was kinda quick and dirty, but yielded interesting results!

What I find kind of fascinating is how each of the children ended up the same gender as the parent they inherited their skin from. Knowing how gender is usually a coinflip, I wonder if there is any connection or if it was just a coincidence!
Top Secret Researcher
#6575 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:07 AM
I don't think it's a coincidence! I have a family with red and yellow sims, and one paper white female, and another with green and blue sims. All of the 16 children inherited their father's skin, except the white children, but they could've gotten their skin from their grandfather on their father's side. (They all have paper white grandfathers.) And yes I did always roll the pacifier.
Page 263 of 445