Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

GLS Retro Dress for Kids

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,817 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 114,191 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 23rd Sep 2006 at 12:55 PM
Updated: 28th Apr 2009 at 7:13 PM - Removing old TOU
I'd had the thought before I saw it requested, and once I saw a request for it I decided I had to do it, as I know how incredibly weird the original is from converting it to adult already, and I knew anyone else would just screw it up (or at least not be as careful and meticulous as me).

So... despite the fact it was probably the hardest mesh project I've ever had to do and it had me quite literally in tears, I finished the darn thing. I have plans to do it for toddlers too but I make no guarantees as this conversion sucked hard.

It is not identical to the teen or adult versions, but is as close to it as I could get while still creating a very child-like body. There is no trace of breasts left on the mesh or textures, and I have pulled up the top a little and made the lace straight-across for a more modest neckline. I also went ahead and changed the shoes to mary janes, as I felt the shoes that came with the original dress were too mature for a little girl, and I can't stand child conversions that leave in things like hips, boobs, and grown-up shoes. I think it has translated well, retaining the look and feel of the original while being age-appropriate for a child.

Compatability (MUST READ!): This mesh does NOT require Glamour Life Stuff (couldn't have made it require it if I'd wanted to due to how custom body meshes work). There are 4th bone assignments still in the mesh meaning it may display strangely for people without Nightlife or later EPs. Based on the info given by base game testers for the adult version (which also has 4th bone assignments) I'm marking this as base-game compatible. Please let me know what EPs you have, if any, if you have any issues.

2191 polys, 1620 vertices. It does have a fat morph (which, due to the shape of the skirt, I really only made slightly chubbier, otherwise it just looked dumpy, but there is one, and it is different from normal) but no bump maps. There are two tiny imperfections: a little sparkle where the neck and head come together, and another little sparkle behind the bow on the waist. They really aren't that noticeable - tiny single-pixel sparkles, really.

The three recolours pictured are included (Maxis originals). Available in everyday and formal.

Thanks to:
  • Tiggerypum!!! HUUUUGE thanks. Massive thanks! She helped me fix most of a stupid gap I was experiencing that had me in tears. Click on her name linked there and go hit "thanks" on a bunch of her uploads. Go on, go!
  • Wes_h, for the Unimesh plugins for Milkshape, used in the creation of this mesh.
  • Dr Pixel, for all kinds of various bits of useful meshing info that have helped me along the way.
  • daysies, for being spiffy and cute, and for her kindness to llamas everywhere.
  • Everyone who has contributed to the creation and development of SimPE.
  • MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.