Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 10:38 AM Last edited by indefinite : 4th Feb 2024 at 3:06 PM. Reason: additional info

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with error log? [SOLVED]
I've had this error log pop up more than once in my Veronaville, and only in the Monty and Summerdream lots. WhatCausedThis couldn't find anything from my downloads folder so at least it's not mods this time, but I want to make sure whether it really is an issue with the lots themselves. I don't understand much at all about error logs and I've tried to learn, though it's a bit of a work-in-progress, and I guess right now I'm just curious what the log is even about since I've had it (almost) ever since I started playing in Veronaville.

If it's just a matter of moving the families out and back in and/or entirely replacing the lots then that's fine

Are these lots known to have issues like this? I've never had a "Periodic Events" kind of error before in any other hoods or lots than these two so I have to say I'm quite intrigued.

Edit: While playing with the Summerdreams yesterday I didn't come across the periodic events error, but instead got an Apartment Nanny log. They have a butler so probably one of my butler hacks is the culprit for that. Gonna run WhatCausedThis later today to see what it's about. I'll also add that error log in detail too for anyone who might be experiencing the same thing.

Edit 2: After some digging I finally found the Apartment Nanny log and ran WCT yet it didn't find anything wrong... but then again that error has always popped up after I've installed a new bigger mod and I've loaded the lot where the butler has already arrived for the day. The trick of selling him with moveobjects on has proved to work as he's always come back in a matter of a couple of sim hours and he's been working fine ever since. So, there's that for you!

Thanks to everyone for helping me track these things down, I think I've learned a lot while digging through other error logs of the past... Still not enough for me to be able to read the logs myself but maybe one day lol
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t2935879.txt (131.3 KB, 12 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t2860856.txt (127.3 KB, 0 downloads)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indefinite
I've had this error log pop up more than once in my Veronaville, and only in the Monty and Summerdream lots. WhatCausedThis couldn't find anything from my downloads folder so at least it's not mods this time, but I want to make sure whether it really is an issue with the lots themselves. I don't understand much at all about error logs and I've tried to learn, though it's a bit of a work-in-progress, and I guess right now I'm just curious what the log is even about since I've had it (almost) ever since I started playing in Veronaville.

If it's just a matter of moving the families out and back in and/or entirely replacing the lots then that's fine

Are these lots known to have issues like this? I've never had a "Periodic Events" kind of error before in any other hoods or lots than these two so I have to say I'm quite intrigued.

Invalid Constant error can happen with mods, but you checked it with WhatCausedThis. I don't know why or how this can happen.

You can try to move the families out and into another lot fresh out the Lot Bin. If it doesn't change anything, I'll research it and try to understand the error log a bit better.

Edit: Midgethetree on Tumblr has a page that explains the error here .

"The BHAV references Const 0x****:0x** but either the BCON of isntance 0x**** doesn’t exist or it doesn’t have a line labeled 0x**."
This can mean that something maybe js missing from a mod. Have you tried without any CC?

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Inventor
#3 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 1:18 PM
Maybe you have a mod that affects Hobby Enthusiasm.

The way this constant is accessed in this script is using a Temp as a reference. This is used for looking up values based on some input, or looping through many values in sequence with a short script (all hobbies).

The last constant in the table is 0xB (11), but the value of your Temp 1 is 12.

Temps are dangerous because they can be written to by a sub-function, or by another object (rarely). Let's say you call something to get data about a family or the person age. The calculation may write to the same temps and return data in them. If a modder plugs in a new job, he may not notice this.

You can search your downloads for the byte sequence 1C 51 84 7F, which is the group number for the controller backwards. This data is not mangled by compression. You need an advanced file manager like Total Commander to perform this search.

It is likely that the Enthusiasm for Fitness of your person "Knight" is out of range. Try dragging the bars with the mouse in the debug mode. You can see that the local 4 is 12. When multiplied by 100 it would put the enth beween 1200 and 1299, and for that range a decay value is not defined because enth goes only to 1000 like most skills. That script should probably be clamped to expect bogus values. Local 6 is 211 or D3, which is Fitness in person data.
Inventor
#4 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 1:26 PM
Maybe you need to look at what other hacks you have that set a high entusiasm.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 1:18 AM
Someone on the lot has somehow achieved level 12 fitness enthusiasm, if you set it back to 10 using testingcheats it should fix the issue.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Someone on the lot has somehow achieved level 12 fitness enthusiasm, if you set it back to 10 using testingcheats it should fix the issue.

Overachiever lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Maybe you have a mod that affects Hobby Enthusiasm.

The way this constant is accessed in this script is using a Temp as a reference. This is used for looking up values based on some input, or looping through many values in sequence with a short script (all hobbies).

The last constant in the table is 0xB (11), but the value of your Temp 1 is 12.

Temps are dangerous because they can be written to by a sub-function, or by another object (rarely). Let's say you call something to get data about a family or the person age. The calculation may write to the same temps and return data in them. If a modder plugs in a new job, he may not notice this.

You can search your downloads for the byte sequence 1C 51 84 7F, which is the group number for the controller backwards. This data is not mangled by compression. You need an advanced file manager like Total Commander to perform this search.

It is likely that the Enthusiasm for Fitness of your person "Knight" is out of range. Try dragging the bars with the mouse in the debug mode. You can see that the local 4 is 12. When multiplied by 100 it would put the enth beween 1200 and 1299, and for that range a decay value is not defined because enth goes only to 1000 like most skills. That script should probably be clamped to expect bogus values. Local 6 is 211 or D3, which is Fitness in person data.

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand any of that.. Even if I did though, the program WhatCausedThis didn't detect any issues with mods whatsoever. I understand that there probably is a slim chance that it's a mod anyway, but I'll have to try dragging first before I do anything else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Overachiever lol.

Yeah, maybe Knight's trying to impress someone, being a popularity sim and all Would make a lot of sense in his case
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

Thanks, will do! Makes me wonder how that even happens though probably was messing around with hacks and it got stuck like that ever since lol
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 11:56 PM
There is code to deal with hobby enthusiasm being at level 11, so presumably it's possible to gain extra points beyond what's necessary to achieve level 10 somehow. If you gained more points that usual at that time, you could presumably wind up at level 12.
Inventor
#11 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 12:35 AM
Actually it is possible to drive it to eleven as the saying goes. I didn't want to go into more detail in my analysis. But you can push it past 1000 so that it doesn't immediately decay down to 9 full blips and lose the special state. In 'Enthusiasm Tracker' it is limited on 1099.