Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 9:11 AM
OP, Even if different dormies move in (I've had a dormie move out and a different one move in), if Stella knows the old dormies, she'll still be able to phone them for a chat. And, if she knows them well enough, she'll be able to invite them round, or go on outings with them. And the bonus is, if they've moved to a different dorm, you won't have the problem Peni mentioned of them being stuck in their rooms.

I thought I used groups quite a bit, but Peni's post shows I still have a lot to learn. I actually used groups managed through the telephone much more in my early game than I do now. That was because, from reading the game's little manual, these managed groups were the only way I knew to get Sims to go out together or meet up on a community lot. Now I mainly use ad hoc groups made up on the fly by Ask -- Form Casual Group -- Just for Fun and then Ask -- Join Casual Group. It was only comparatively recently that I discovered Call -- Transportation -- Meet a Sim on a Community Lot. (Not spotting that sooner was probably because, as a speaker of UK English, the word "Transportation" suggests I'd be sending the Sim to Botany Bay as a punishment for sheep stealing! )

Reading Peni's post makes me realise how much time I'm wasting in getting my Sim to go round asking other Sims to join his group, when, with a managed group, he could just call the taxi and go (Manage Groups -- Meet up on a Community Lot). In some cases my Sims are making up "on the fly" groups which are identical to managed groups that I've already created -- a pure waste of my Sims' time. Mea Culpa. Yes, the "on the fly" groups can be useful, but I should use the managed ones far more often.

I too use the Just for Fun outings nearly all the time because I don't really enjoy the scored ones. The only thing really to be said for the latter is that sometimes other Sims can give you lovely presents just for organising one. The Sing dynasty vase that Gordon Cornton gave Ravi Bertino years ago for organising a trip to The Hub, is still his prized possession.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Teckno I extend parties on the batbox.
I didn't know about that option. We'll have to throw a party to try it out Thanks Jo!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 9:39 AM
I always use the phone option (manage groups) and each Sim in my game has those.

Scored outings are for certain things - like end of the year functions, business dinners, etc. - and when my business owners take their staff out as well - I regard those as formal functions and that is why they are scored.

Just for Fun outings are for other things - celebrating promotions, family outings (I have a Sim invite the rest of the family so that they can dine together), teens going out, friends going out to lunch.

My game revolves around community interaction - so outings are extremely important to me.

The more a player uses the feature, the more he or she will learn about it.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I didn't know about that option. We'll have to throw a party to try it out Thanks Jo!

Just make sure there's no radio on around 11 pm or the police will come and stop the party. There's probably a mod to fix this.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Just make sure there's no radio on around 11 pm or the police will come and stop the party. There's probably a mod to fix this.
I've got that mod! (Not sure where I got it, but I can find out if anyone needs to know.) I got it after the police woman in New Desconia came and broke up a party that Desmond and Cony were giving after their wedding for some of the islanders who hadn't been able to go to the actual ceremony. Now Desmond and Cony are the founders of the island community, and they run the island to suit themselves and their friends. So who does she think gave her her job? She had only just got the job the day before, after Desmond and Cony had their beautiful white piano stolen on their wedding night by some despicable burglar who had come ashore.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 2 of 2