Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:15 AM Last edited by SimCryptic : 15th Aug 2019 at 12:51 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Conflict resalution
Is there any easier way to wed out conflicting mods besides yanking a hand full and logging into the game to check the checker, then logging back out to tinker some more? I've got a conflict that is driving my batty cause I can't figure out what's causing my owned lot cashers to stand around chatting and not ring anyone up.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:26 AM
Does the HCD show you have a conflict?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:28 AM
Before you go any farther: Are you certain that you had the owner assign those cashiers to be cashiers? Or have you tried reassigning them again? Sometimes, they forget their assignments. Also, have you backed up your neighborhoods, pulled all your mods, and then tested to make sure that this IS a problem with your mods and not something else?

Assuming that you've done those things, then...Nope, there is no substitute for a good, systematic 50/50. You can run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, which might give you a hint as to what might be conflicting, and you can do some testing based on the results you get, but the HCDU doesn't scan for everything that can cause an issue and, also, it can give you a lot of false positives, since some mods are actually DESIGNED to conflict with one another.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:49 PM
As long as you're sure both your cashiers can actually reach the cash registers (obviously, one for each), then iCad's suggestion that the cashiers aren't currently assigned to work the registers seems most likely.

If that's not it, then...

Remember that it's only likely to be a hack conflict if it happens on *all* your retail-business owned lots. Try any other owned shops to see if they have the same problem. If cashiers are all working in those, then it's this lot that's the problem, and likely not a hack.

And then from there...

You mention that you "check the checker," but you also mention doing that when logging *into* the game. So just in case that means you don't actually have or know of the HCDU, you can find it (and a little bit more information about how it works) linked over in this thread.

Especially because you're playing with the UC, note what that thread advises about how to make the HCDU scan your actual Downloads folder (or an exact copy) anyway. If you are already using the HCDU and it reports zero conflicts, it may not actually have found your game's Downloads folder!

It's true there is no more effective substitute for a 50/50 when you just don't have any other clues. However, if you have an HCDU report, then reading the specific conflicts you see there can very much help you narrow down what might be the issue, especially because that report will tell you which two (or more) mods are conflicting on each parameter.

The one other thing I might suggest to save a bit of time is this: save the business lot at the point where you have a customer ready to check out, then quit without saving each time you can see it's still not working. This way, at least you will always open the lot ready to check the effects of your current Downloads mix and won't have to waste time playing to get things to the point where the cashiers can work/not.

ETA: When adding new mods, personally I put them in their own folder in Downloads. Once I've played with them in there for a while and I think everything's working OK, I move them out from under there and into the main Downloads folder directly. This helps because then I can take only that folder (Newest Mods) out if, while I'm testing that set, I find that things aren't OK. But...the method only works if you're willing to regularly move stuff out from Downloads>Newest Mods and into Downloads once everything works fine, as well as put all new mods directly into Downloads>Newest Mods. Otherwise, you might as well not bother with having that extra folder!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Are you certain that you had the owner assign those cashiers to be cashiers

-facepalm- That was the root cause; no assigned cashier. And I didn't think to check that solution first.

That said; I do have conflicts, though there are some that leave me scratching my head over. (What's the ever clean litter box having issues with?)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 3:40 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 24th Jul 2019 at 7:21 PM.
So glad you figured that out!

OK, with your litter-box question...I think we're back to asking you: what is making you think you have conflicts? It doesn't sound like you're basing your conclusions on the HCDU (still highly recommended if you're not using it). For example, the HCDU issues very specific reports on what game processes have conflicting mods, not on entire objects.

Telling us more about your symptoms will help, but if you haven't got it, running an HCDU scan will be extremely helpful as well.

ETA: One reason why it's important to be clear on whether your problems really are from mod conflicts or not is that when they're not, as you discovered with the cashiers, there's no reason to do a 50/50. So as another example, if your issue with the litter box is actually because the object doesn't work with your game configuration, then again it's not a mod conflict and the 50/50 will not do anything there either. In other words, "conflict" is a term for a problem caused by two or more mods not being compatible with one another, and there are, unfortunately, many other types of issues that can equally cause gameplay problems. That's why it's important we're all on the same page about what/how you've narrowed down your issues to be!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 12:32 AM
at I had thought was a conflict detector was just the in built cc detector.
When I finally ran the real checker, it wasn't as bad as I expected. 122, with most of them being InTeen and doubled up mods, or mods that did the same thing just by different people.. Managed to get down to 42, and the remaining are Nudity hack, ARC, and I forget off hand what the other was.
Thanks, things are running a ot smoother.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:06 AM
Inteen deliberately conflicts with itself and you absolute cannot change the order in which the parts load, so PLEASE don't try to "fix" those conflicts!

Generally speaking, when a mod conflicts with another, the one that loads last (which is the last one, alphabetically, keeping in mind that folders load first) is the one that is working for the particular resource that is being flagged as being used by both (or all) the conflicting mods. You can have a situation where a mod changes multiple BHAVs, but another conflicting mod that ONLY changes one of the ones that the first one does. In that case, only that one BHAV is affected whereas the others that the first mod changes will still be working fine. This can be useful if you have one mod with a bunch of functions but you're really only interested in one or two of them. In that case, you could install "conflicting" mods to override some of the behaviors that the first mod changes. This is the case for me with Pescado's "creaturefixes," a mod that many consider "essential" because it has a function that stops grand vamps from biting Crumplebottom, which can corrupt your game install. For me I have other mods that prevent that, which show as conflicting with creaturefixes, but that's OK because the ONLY function of creaturefixes that I'm interested in is its fix for alien eyes. So, that is pretty much the only part of creaturefixes that is still working for me, because I use other mods that deliberately conflict with its other bits and I've set load order so that those other mods are overriding creaturefixes.

tl;dr Don't assume that you have to "fix" all the conflicts. Some of them are deliberate and some of them are benign. If your game is working as you want it to work, without generating errors, it's best to use the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 1:15 AM
Yeah, I know about InTens issue, so I popped it out while I ran the one check.The only thing I plan for IT is to check if I have the propper version.

I'm not really sweating the rest. I do, how ever, wanna figure out why I cant use all my maternity undies and PJs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 3:15 AM
Some conflicts like Inteen are normal and as said above not to be fixed. You might want to post a screenshot of the report.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 11:50 PM
I had been going to do screen shots, but when I realized the list was 70 some items I figured a text document would be better for my sanity. This is an InTeen, InSim, and ARC free runs results.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  conflicts.rar (2.5 KB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: txt  conflicts.txt (16.5 KB, 21 downloads)
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
I had been going to do screen shots, but when I realized the list was 70 some items I figured a text document would be better for my sanity. This is an InTeen, InSim, and ARC free runs results.

OK In most cases you have Mods that are trying to do something similar to each other, in these cases pick one of them. You have several conflicts where it is two mods by the same creator, in most of those cases they are OK, but you need to read up on them. In one case you two versions of the same mod, pick one version. Some of the conflicts are OK because one mod is overiding part of another mod: good example is creaturefixes there are several mods that overide part of what creaturefixes does, they are most likely fine.

To me you have a strange organization structure for your mods in terms of what folders they are in, but that is up to you I guess. Me I have my mods separated by whether they are Object Mods or DoNotRemove in one folder and OtherMods in another folder and then within each folder I organize by Creator.

You need to go through your conflict report and read about the mods in question, and in most cases pick just one.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 3:25 PM
The 'check out the mod description's was already on my to do list, and I'm working through the list. Juust a pain trying to find some of them again. Thankfully most of them are easy to find, even if there is a slog through the moders library of work.

RE my file organization: That kind of sprang up after I realized what a disaster my dl folder had been and the easiest way was to sort by what the mod did. Ones that effected how a sim behaved went into Behaves, life-states into Lifestates, ect.I do still have a M ess fold which are mods where they where named an incomprehensible string of letters and numbers.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 6:34 PM
Something I might suggest once you've fixed all your unnecessary/not-functional conflicts is running HCDU again and immediately writing down or otherwise noting how many reported conflicts is normal for your game at that point. That alone makes it way easier (see next paragraph) to frequently run HCDU without having to spend a lot of time and energy reading through the results each time---and with this utility, the more regularly you run it after adding mods, the less likely you'll be hit with a disheartening number of conflicts just because you let a bunch of them pile up.

For example, my current number of conflicts-that-work is 88, so if I add new mods and HCDU suddenly reports 89 or more, then I know those mods have introduced new conflicts, and I can look into it right away. Or if I add new mods and HCDU continues to report 88, then I already know that's all the usual ones, so I don't even have to bother reading the actual report before going ahead and playing!

The best organizational system for your Downloads folder should also make it as easy as possible for you to see what other mods you have that may duplicate functions (and therefore likely conflict with) what you're adding. If you love the system you have now, great! But it looks like in many cases, you've not been adhering to your own organizational system in adding new mods, and often that's a clue that it doesn't completely make sense to you or you find it too hard to use somehow. And that can lead to problems, because if you don't like to use your system, it becomes very easy to never realize you have duplicate or highly similar mods in a subfolder already...a subfolder you never think to open when you're adding another mod because that's not where you would think to place the *new* mod.

So with an organizational system that really works well for you, you'll be far more likely to open, or at least check, the *same* subfolder to put the new mod in as you did the previous, similar mod---because the system matches how you think. And while you're in that subfolder anyway, you can easily skim through its existing contents to spot likely conflicts immediately.

I was going to give you an example of mine, but in the spirit of keeping things organized, I'll just link you to this recent thread, which has a lot of good ideas.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 6:47 PM
Pescado's "nobabyharassment" and TwoJeffs' "No Baby Toddler Swarming" both do the same thing in slightly different ways. Decide which one you want to keep and delete the other one. That will get rid of a lot of the conflicts on your list.

You should remove one of Almighty Hat's "Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden" mods. Only keep the one for your version of the game (you currently have one for AL-MG and one for SSN-BG-FT). Rename the one you want to keep - that file name is MUCH too long and contains characters that shouldn't be in a file name (brackets, parentheses, slashes, spaces).

Get rid of Cyjon's "No Home Buskers". BoilingOil's "Music & Dance Fixes" includes this mod, so you don't need both.

Get rid of Squinge's "feedbaby". BoilingOil's "Feed Baby - Main - Special" is a fixed version of the same mod.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:15 PM
^^Agreed.

But if the reason that all these conflicts resulted in the first place is that the OP's organizational system doesn't easily match their usual mod-adding process/thinking, the problem will just reoccur with different mods. That's why I suggest some consideration to choosing a system that does work optimally for the way the OP usually adds mods!

It's kind of the concept of desire paths; urban planners and college-campus architects are known for paying attention to how people choose to get places on their own when there are no roads, and then laying the roads over those natural paths. Same idea---make your organizational system fit you (rather than whatever ideal you think it should fit...which is often not one that's personally easy to use!), and then staying organized will be a much easier experience.

ETA: Sorry if that's a bit esoteric. But I'm someone who struggled with getting organized too, until I realized that the organizational system has to work for me and how I actually think and work---not be what I wish I could do/be or what anyone else thinks (or might think) is the right way. Life got a lot easier after that. So that's all I'm encouraging.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 2:19 AM
I thought of mentioning that, but decided not to since at least one other poster had already pointed it out. I can say from personal experience though - start organizing your Downloads folder when you start getting things to put in it. If you put it off too long, you may end up wasting one or more whole weekends reorganizing it.

If a modder provides a readme file or other description of the mod (and most of them do), be sure and read through it carefully before putting the mod in your game. This could have prevented a lot of the OP's conflicts. TwoJeffs specifically said that "No Baby Toddler Swarming" was his "take" on Pescado's nobabyharassment, which should have been a clue that these two mods should not be used at the same time. BoilingOil always mentions clearly whenever one of his mods includes or replaces somebody else's mods.

Learn which conflicts cause problems and which ones are harmless or even intended. I have 103 conflicts in my game right now, most of which were solvable by changing the load order. The rest included things like BoilingOil's "Spawn Objects Controller" which conflicts with its own add-on database (database needs to load last) and some of Lord Darcy's object fixes. And then there are the four recolorable stairs by HugeLunatic which conflict with each other without causing any problems that I can see.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 12:11 AM
Down to 20 some working conflicts with out/69 with InTeen, so Woo!

A bit of Boo though, I had another instance of Routing appear in an inventory. I discovered it today in the inventory of a sim whome I haven't played in a day or so.
Alchemist
#19 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimCryptic
Down to 20 some working conflicts with out/69 with InTeen, so Woo!

A bit of Boo though, I had another instance of Routing appear in an inventory. I discovered it today in the inventory of a sim whome I haven't played in a day or so.

I haven't seen anywhere in the thread (might have missed it) that you generated an error log. Personally, I turn on testing cheats if I'm having trouble, generate the error, then actually check the log. Most of the time it will tell me which mod/CC is causing the trouble, then I don't need a 50/50 at all. Do you have any generated errors?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 12:03 AM
Down to 60 without the nudist hach, which I'd mostly thrown in for plant sims, but the y tend to be prudes, and I got tired of Malcome running around in his bday suit.

Haven't really, knock on wood, had any errors jump out and cause grief other then Pandora's spell description edit mod throwing issues after a relationship developed to a certain point. But that one didn't bother me to loose. And the *Rout stuff doesn't seem to kick errors.

I think I figured out why my preggers ladies weren't wearing the maternity undies and sleepwear I'd gotten them: out of date Wear Anything mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 12:48 AM
Oi I had something borking hotels, just slowing them down, and killing room service. Ran the checker, nadda. I'm not sure how many hours it took me to trace it back to Pregnant can wear anything, which you wouldn't think wold mess with hotels like that. But I'm happy any relatively issue free. Thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 1:19 AM
Pregnant sim wear anything should not effect hotels, most of us use it. Hotels are buggy even without no CC.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 2:10 AM
The "preggos wear anything" mod must load after Inteen, otherwise it will mess up lots of things. So, make sure it's loading after Inteen.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 3:22 AM
Ah right Inteen, that conflicts with quite a few things. Glad I don't use it as I have quite enough conflicts without that lol. I think you need to be ready to juggle if you use it.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 5:11 AM
You should:

- Replace firemod and midgethetree_firesafetysimsextenguishnotpanic with the edited firemod (unless your firemod.package is from me, in which case just get rid of midgethetree_firesafetysimsextenguishnotpanic).
- Replace Treeag - NoStupidReagents with no reagents.
- Make midgethetree_corruptuslocusnoroaches load AFTER creaturefixes, not before.
- Replace midgethetree_hereditarysupernaturalism-nochildwerewolves and midgethetree_hereditarysupernaturalism-notoddlervampires with midgethetree_hereditarysupernaturalism-vanilla.
- Pick ONE of midgethetree_deathflowerscheatdeath-alwayssuccessful.package and midgethetree_deathflowerscheatdeath.package and discard the other.
- Remove [Almighty Hat] Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden (Multi Ideal Plantsim Mod)\MOD SSN-BV-FT\[Almighty Hat] Fairies in the Garden MOD SSN-BG-FT.package and just keep the AL/MG version.

There's more reduction that can and should be done of course (as others have noted you've got a couple mods that appear to do the same thing), but I can at least guarantee if you do all that my mods should function properly and not break your other mods.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Page 1 of 2