Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:04 PM
Default Corruption shenanigans!
I’ve always had a weird interest in Sims 2 corruption since learning about it, and I’ve found myself digging for content related to it a lot. I tried to corrupt a game once, but nothing showed in the period of time I messed with it, I can’t right now due to the new Ultimate Collection update hating me.

Basically, this is a thread asking for weird things that have happened related to corruption that you guys have gotten over the years.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:31 PM
A few years back I tried to saved Springwater when I was drastically short of hard drive space. The program hanged for a full hour and then crashed. Next time I opened the game, the hood was still there but every time I tried to load it would just get stuck on the loading screen, even after removing all CC. I opened it up in SimPE and found that half the sims had gone missing, and the HoodChecker log was over 6000 lines long. Even worse, the last backup was six months prior.

From the ashes of this came Hazelton, which I'm a lot more happy with - I hadn't quite gotten the hang of the rotational system in Springwater. And now I backup every time I finish playing a family's rotation.

For more minor things, in my original Pleasantview (long since lost to time), I had a headless toddler Beau Broke wanting to have his first WooHoo. That was a bit odd.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:47 PM
Olive Specter suddenly wanted to learn to walk because I resurrected everyone in her garden. That was when I was firstly into The Sims 2 last year and messed up everything before I knew about the corruption.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:05 PM
half of pleasantview disappeared and i just thought nothing of it.this was of course when i was younger and just got the game i think it happened due to moving in strangetown bella to marry her "son" alexander and i added the social bunny and therapist to other households.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:37 PM
I've posted this before in one of the picture threads but here's my headless baby under the spoiler. Unfortunately this neighborhood finally combusted awhile back. I had been playing it for years before the corruption became too big a problem.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
Talked about it before but long story short, I tried to age up a baby and it did physically but did not internally. No matter the age I set him at, he laid on the floor and gurgled like a baby.

Couldn't kill him either. It got so creepy I made him a baby, his needs dropped and social worker took him, then I adopted him out to a new CAS Sim and put the family in the bin and yes...I deleted them. I bad.

Other than that, just blank aspirations and talk/thought bubbles. Nothing too weird.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:51 PM
My original Pleasantview, started when I first got the game, has had two CAS sims disappear completely. Their icons are blank, they don't show up in game and I couldn't even extract their looks with SimPE. Strangely, I had no problem extracting their children.
Admittedly I did some VBTs in that hood (moving sims from one hood to another was the main one), before I knew about corruption and what can cause it, and this was before clean templates. I won't even try playing that hood now, but I keep it around as I still need to extract a few sims from it.

My other hood that went boom was a custom one built on the Bluewater template, but in moving it from one computer to another (copied to external hard-drive, then copied the copy to new laptop) the layout changed and one family's lot was no longer attached to a road. It was also down such a deep hole that it was impossible to load. While I was sorry to lose the family, the hood had to go.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
(Despite doing all sorts of worst-practices stuff before I knew better, like deleting sims from family bin, haven't had any problems that weren't created by bad CC or the new Windows 10/high end graphics card 'pink soup' problem. I keep waiting for my bad behavior to catch up with me, but ...)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:40 PM
That's not corruption. Blue flashing a pretty common issue and tends to resolve itself. (Pink flashing, on the other hand, happens when the game runs out of video memory.)

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:00 PM
Once a few years ago, I made a new neighborhood with empty templates and then spent hours lovingly crafting townies for it. I installed them in the neighborhood, saved, and went to do something else for a while. When I fired the game back up to start playing again, my neighborhood was completely gone! It didn't show up in the game menu. I tried opening it in SimPE and all the sims were gone (and who knows what else data).

I never did figure out what happened; probably something went wrong when the game saved. :-( After that I started using bodyshop to make my townies, which is better anyway because of more sliders.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:16 PM
I've had faceless Sims, Sims disappearing completely, and dozens of Sim clones just hanging around (multiple gardeners sitting inside reading the paper, or multiple Dina Calientes hanging around outside an apartment).
And this, on a previous computer.

I created a vampire nanny once. I wanted her to burn each time she came to collect a child. I now have the no social worker mod.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lfria
I've posted this before in one of the picture threads but here's my headless baby under the spoiler. Unfortunately this neighborhood finally combusted awhile back. I had been playing it for years before the corruption became too big a problem.

So what starts the headless Sim issue, anyways? Broken DNA, or something?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:18 AM
That looks more like a graphics card issue.

One time a few computers ago Mrs C tried to kiss one of my sims... That hood was very corrupted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:27 AM
My corrupted hood vanished into space after playing it for more than 4 years. I never saw anything weird or out of place. It. Just. Vanished.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:02 PM
I learned the hard way not to delete urns/graves. (That is a VBT). Cordelia Capp was a pain in the ass ghost (she scared Consort Capp 4 times, scared Hermia and Tybalt twice, and broke a phone and a lamp all in one night.) Before I knew better I got fed up with her and deleted her urn. She disappeared from her father's (Consort Capp) and her children's (Juliette, Hermia and Tybalt) memories, and also disappeared from the Capp family tree. I read online about how deleting graves/urns is a very bad thing, and reset Veronaville because I figured that Cordelia disappearing from the family tree and the memories of her father and kids was a sign that I had corrupted the hood by deleting her urn.

Now when I start Veronaville I use the Nightlife move graves option to move all of the Capp graves to a community lot cemetery so Cordelia won't terrorize the living.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
Pets stretching in odd ways while trying to act like sims. Those scanty but unforgettable scenes marked me. They haunt me in my dreams.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:13 AM
@Sketching has some funny screenshots of a neighbourhood borked by an overly-aggressive antivirus:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...276#post5348276

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...999#post5357999

Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...999#post5357999

THAT TODDLER IS MADE OF HORROR AND NIGHTMARES! I am out of this forum!
Theorist
#19 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
THAT TODDLER IS MADE OF HORROR AND NIGHTMARES! I am out of this forum!

That looks like something out of those direct-to-video animes.... do we need holy water? Will that help? Will that stop it?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:03 AM
I have a solution: SELL THE TODDLER.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:03 AM
Or a priest.

Theorist
#22 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:45 AM
Or a priest.

A whole truckload of priests, one from each religion. They'll have to form a band, with the Pope playing the drums and three nuns as chorus girls. That's the only thing that can save us now.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:53 AM
I had one get corruoted when a community lot owned business got stuck in build/buy mode when the owners arrived at it.I had to go back to before that happened with a backed up copy to get it back.I had Logan get corruped to the point where I wouldn't load until I used the hood checker and it fixed the problems and it was loading again.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:22 AM
I don't really have any stories to add that are too weird, but I do want to say that I'm really enjoying this thread. I too get a weird entertainment out of TS2 corruption or game corruption in general. That is, when it's not happening to me or it's not in an important neighborhood. I just find it fascinating how messed up code manifests itself.
Instructor
#25 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:56 AM
@Sketching has some funny screenshots of a neighbourhood borked by an overly-aggressive antivirus:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...276#post5348276

"Fell in love with Pizza Slice" is probably an accurate representation of my life, in all honesty.

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Page 1 of 2