Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:13 AM
Definitely sounds like hood corruption. At least it's better than falling in love with a slice of pizza. Good luck trying to incorporate that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 10:26 PM
When I accidentally moved my orphanage family out (which removed all the furniture), I used motherlode and pretended they got a grant from some organization for renovations.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 9:12 PM
When I want to make custom townies, my orphanage is the dropping-off point for them because I haven't found a way to turn them into a townie directly from the family bin. The $20,000 they bring along with them are anonymous donations from wealthy benefactors.

Mad Poster
#79 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 12:59 AM
I had an issue once that would cause me to keep abandoning towns in TS2 after fights kept breaking out on community lots rendering the town unplayable until I downloaded the lot visitor controller and started using it to restrict the visitors on small shops.I had an apartment glitch out because I forgot to put something in like a haccked fridge so I had them stay for a short while and move out at the end of the season.I pretended that there were major repairs needed on that partment from a leaking roof.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I had an issue once that would cause me to keep abandoning towns in TS2 after fights kept breaking out on community lots rendering the town unplayable until I downloaded the lot visitor controller and started using it to restrict the visitors on small shops.I had an apartment glitch out because I forgot to put something in like a haccked fridge so I had them stay for a short while and move out at the end of the season.I pretended that there were major repairs needed on that partment from a leaking roof.

Whenever glitches force me to evict a family from an apartment, I like to chalk it up to an infestation of bugs.

Mad Poster
#81 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 1:21 AM
That glitch was totally my fault for not remebering to add objects to the lot as intended before rushing to get the family moved in and it ended up costing them money to live there and they kept getting high bills because of the missing green energy sources which I also forgot to add.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#82 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 1:29 AM
Just be careful not to add too many of them On apartment lots specifically, if your refund from green energy sources gets high enough it can overflow so your Sims end up with bills of ~35,000.

Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 4:31 PM Last edited by jinola : 26th Dec 2019 at 4:44 PM.
I had to move a family to another lot because my game kept crashing at precisely 12.29 noon on their old lot. I pretended they had to move due to severe water damage caused by a burst pipe.

One time I moved a family with a woman who was pregnant with twins onto a new lot since their old house was getting too small for them. The problem was that the woman started to give birth immediately after I unpaused the game and every time the second twin was nowhere to be found. So I made her have just one baby in that menu from the triplets and quads mod and pretended that the other twin was stillborn.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jinola
[...]
One time I moved a family with a woman who was pregnant with twins onto a new lot since their old house was getting too small for them. The problem was that the woman started to give birth immediately after I unpaused the game and every time the second twin was nowhere to be found. So I made her have just one baby in that menu from the triplets and quads mod and pretended that the other twin was stillborn.

I had the same problem somewhen in the past. I think that in my game, the problem occured because the woman was carrying a toddler upon moving in and she somehow wasn't able to give the toddler to a family member when going into labour. My solution was that I added the woman to another household with the SimBlender (while the game was paused), moved the rest of her family into their new house and then added her to her original household again. This way, someone else was holding the toddler when the woman went into labour and she could give birth to the twins without problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 4:48 AM
Seeing as I had to revert to an old backup (thankfully, I only lost a few rotations), I'm considering making up some stuff about alternate timelines - for example, one of my Sims got into a relationship with a townie, so maybe I'll have him notice her and wonder why she seems so familiar.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#86 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 7:36 PM
Not so much a technical limitation as "user error," but when setting up Oakbrook years ago, I accidentally made a dog a female instead of male. So I just added a line to the dog's biography about her owner being surprised when she went into heat.

Alchemist
#87 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 8:06 PM
Before I knew about Sim Blender etc. if I made a family of CAS adults who didn't have skills, I'd sometimes give them a backstory where they were formerly wealthy and lost all their money and had to rebuild and learn to live without servants.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 7:37 PM
I've been playing my current neighbourhood for years now and there has been the occasionally glitch from the beginning. Touch wood they're all minor but I accept that one day it's going to explode on me.

Anyhow, the two main glitch stories are as follows:
- Rhodri and Renee Calman got stuck in bed one morning. This happens frequently to my Sims when I leave a BoolProp cheat on, but I didn't realise back then that I could just reset them. They died in their sleep from a gas accident a few days after the neighbourhood was founded, and left their two daughters orphaned.
- Their twin grandchildren, Rhys and Rowena, were as infants teleported to another lot and ended up under the foundation. To this day, I have absolutely no idea how they ended up there or what caused the glitch, but I couldn't get to or interact with them. The story took a dark turn and the resident of the house was eventually jailed for life when they were later found.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 8:22 PM
The graveyard owner of my hood kept having fear of this random cashier teen guy dying despite their relationship was like 0 and i don't think he really even talked with the cashier properly. But he just kept having the fear constantly. I decided to make that teen the one who inherits the graveyard from him as the graveyard owner didn't have any kids himself. I don't know if that's a bug but it was weird.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 28th May 2020 at 1:10 AM
From the random thoughts thread:

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A few months ago I had to pull out my custom lots CC folder because various things in it were causing crashes. It still results in surprises here and there such as loading up a lot and finding about 50 expensive statues in the front yard.

Instead of just using Pescado's stuck object remover, I sold them off. That lucky Sim won the lottery!

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 28th May 2020 at 1:47 AM
Before i got the mod to fix the issue that makes playable former cheerleaders/mascots to have random mascot uniform in community lots even after graduating, i first imagined that my former cheerleader sim was just that kind of person to wear mascot uniform like that in the public. Maybe she was little shy that she had to cover herself fully even when it was odd costume like that? Maybe outgoing because she wore mascot uniform out of all things in public? I don't know but it gave her little bit of character.
Top Secret Researcher
#92 Old 28th May 2020 at 6:23 AM
I mentioned it elsewhere I think but one of my graduated Sims just wouldn't move into the apartment with her fiance (walking up and down the street outside) so I imagined that she just didn't like the apartment and refused to live there.
Link Ninja
#93 Old 28th May 2020 at 7:24 AM
A year or two ago, something weird happened with some guys living at a dorm in a uni subhood, but long story short their files somehow got corrupted and they can't live by themselves, otherwise the lot goes straight into build mode and they are not even there. However! They are playable if they are moved in with a playable sim. So one of my sims is being a mooch at his sister's house because he's afraid to live by himself, story-wise.

In the past, a few lots have stopped working and sims have to move out that's because story wise, the building was condemned, there was a gas leak, or some kind of disaster that forced the occupants out.

I may have mentioned this before but the two times I accidentally added occupied lots to the the sim bin in my excitement to move a sim out of a lot, they both came back with no memories. They both suffered long term amnesia and had to get rehabilitated.

Yes my hood is corrupted, but I'm playing it until all of it's unplayable and until then the bits of glitches are just story fodder.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
#94 Old 28th May 2020 at 10:12 AM
I downloaded a lot that has a bug where sometimes sims get trapped in an inaccessible part of the basement. If it's a playable sim, I get them out but if it's a townie I let them die. I pretend it's a trap door they didn't knew about when they bought the house. They cover the deaths up in order to not put the husband's political career at risk.
Forum Resident
#95 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 11:32 AM
Do townies and their lack of homes count as technical limitations? If so, my way of dealing with that is using LOADS of hood deco and just pretending that my townies live in the hood deco houses.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Do townies and their lack of homes count as technical limitations? If so, my way of dealing with that is using LOADS of hood deco and just pretending that my townies live in the hood deco houses.

I just pretend they live in the empty houses in the neighbourhood.

Theorist
#97 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 5:50 PM
I just pretend they live in the empty houses in the neighbourhood.

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

Since the neighbourhoods in Sims 2 are just "neighbourhoods", I pretend that the Townies live in other, off-screen neigbourhoods that belong to the same city as the ones I my playables dwell in.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 8:29 PM
If my game crashes and I lose the gameplay, I just pretend it was all a dream! Some of my sims have very mundane dreams. Others wake up with that feeling of "Wow! I am glad THAT wasn't real!"

Just be careful not to add too many of them On apartment lots specifically, if your refund from green energy sources gets high enough it can overflow so your Sims end up with bills of ~35,000.

Cyjon has a mod which fixes this, I think. It might be part of Bigger Bills or may be standalone. But I had the same problem with the telephone socket item which is like the mortgage shrub but for apartments. It made the bills around that high, there's a fix included in that mod too, which might be an easier grab since you never have to use the phone socket item, you can just let it sit harmlessly in your downloads while the fix runs covering the green energy items.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Cyjon has a mod which fixes this, I think. It might be part of Bigger Bills or may be standalone. But I had the same problem with the telephone socket item which is like the mortgage shrub but for apartments. It made the bills around that high, there's a fix included in that mod too, which might be an easier grab since you never have to use the phone socket item, you can just let it sit harmlessly in your downloads while the fix runs covering the green energy items.

http://cyjon.net/node/134

"Energy rebates for solar panels and windmills from Mansions & Gardens are 1/3 the amount but since the bills come 3x as often it is the same weekly total. In apartments, energy rebates are divided by the number of apartments in the complex, regardless of who owns the item. It's not really cost effective for apartment residents to buy their own green energy sources."

Mad Poster
#100 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 11:39 AM
I had my sims move into an apartment lot once on my old computer and failed to notice the lack of green energy sources until they got bills in the mail and it didn't take long until I ended up having them move to another apartment lot with the missing items and they recovered from almost going bankrupt.I call that user error in not checking the lot first before moving my family in.
Page 4 of 4