Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Installation glitch
Hello. For about a day now I've been trying to install The Sims 2 and all it's expansion packs, and for the most part, it's been a complete failure. Most of the expansion packs i have won't install, when it gets to the checking for updates part at the end a little window just comes up and says "The update process did not complete siccessfully. Installation will now terminate." Every article I've read about this so far has gone one of two ways: 1) Somebody answers the article, but doesn't say anything that has anything to do with the actual question. or 2) Their answer made absolutely no sense what-so-ever.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:08 PM
Patches are here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ching_Your_Game

Also, if you want, you can still contact EA and get the Ultimate Collection (every EP and Stuff pack) for free.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:41 PM
Are your disks scratched or dirty? You can try asking a video shop to clean them.

If you had sims 2 on this computer before it may have left leftover registry keys that need removing.

or as SciBirg said, you can ask origin for the UC. Sometimes it takes trying a few times depending on who you get.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 3:43 AM
If any of the key files in the original game or EPs that are installed so far have been changed the update and therefore the current installation will fail. If for example you have altered a Graphics Rules.sgr or replaced an executable with a no-CD/DVD hacked one the update will detect that and fail.