Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1176 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 9:23 PM
Catherine what do you play? I sing in a choir

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1177 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 9:54 PM
/hugs Cat you're like super BF now xD ooohhh a musician~ what do you play? what do you sing? what kind of stuff do you do?

I hope they like it, I'm applying for a children's TV animation company, they make stuff for Guess how much I love you, Silly Bitty Bunny and Zou
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1178 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 10:36 PM
Lol Kanzen, I liked your art too

I sing in a traditional 4 part choir and we sing anything and everything from the Messiah to modern pop songs. I'm an alto.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
#1179 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 11:17 PM
oooh cool~ o3o I've never been in a choir before. puberty got me before I got to any choirs at all hahaha
I used to be a soprano now I just sing for myself OTL

/hugs you too :DDD

I hope they reply to me soon! they allow fuzzy slippers in the office! fuzzy slippers!!!
Mad Poster
#1180 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 12:46 AM
LOL - fuzzy slippers (My first thought is - but do they have arch support?)

I play everything except brass and strings. I'm an alto too, and I love to direct. I directed church choirs for over 20 years. Now I'd rather direct plays/musicals at our local community theatre. Hubby and I are also a Steel Drum band called Steel Baroque ( because we are... still broke ~ ba-dump-bum)
Anyway - you can go hear us here. Let me know what you think!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1181 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 7:39 AM
steel baroque...still broke
OTL

you guys sound wonderful~ I guess a lil eerie, the instruments sound like bones being banged against each other xD not that its a bad thing I actually love the rhythm too!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1182 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 9:46 PM
Catherine, I gotta say, thanks for the entertainment! I clicked on the sample on your website and my cat immediately woke up and tried to figure out where the music was coming from. She got scared and started running away from everywhere at once. She kept looking around trying to figure it out and just kept running crazy. lolz.
Mad Poster
#1183 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:09 PM
HaHa I'm glad ya'll like it :-D

Our kitties love when we play - I think the vibrations, that the drums set up in the house when we practice, tickle their whiskers LOL! We have tile floors - and they lay right beneath the drums rolling around like they found a large yard of catnip

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1184 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:15 PM
ugh I haven't slept all night yet
I'm just so restless...

oh hey, do you think sims 2 runs on windows 8? o3o
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1185 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:23 PM
Some people have no issues Kanzen and others do. There are a few threads on here about running the game on Windows 8.

All you artistic clever people. Drawing and Brass Bands. My daughter is into drawing, me I draw stick figures.

Catherine, I do like your jewelry.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1186 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
LOL - fuzzy slippers (My first thought is - but do they have arch support?)

I play everything except brass and strings. I'm an alto too, and I love to direct. I directed church choirs for over 20 years. Now I'd rather direct plays/musicals at our local community theatre. Hubby and I are also a Steel Drum band called Steel Baroque ( because we are... still broke ~ ba-dump-bum)
Anyway - you can go hear us here. Let me know what you think!
I listened, Catherine. All very clever music, but I'm not a huge fan of modern music, but I really enjoyed the Fur Elise Could do with you to play for us at Christmas, we need a timpanist (and timpani) for our Christmas concert, Messiah Part I! Fancy a trip to the UK?

Mad Poster
#1187 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:54 PM
Expenses paid?
I've played timp for the Messiah before... a long time ago... Never did own a set of timpani, though they are my favorite "drums" to play. Well, except Steel Drums, but they're not really drums.

Do you like Eric Satie? We play several of his - I like the Gymnopedies best. I don't know if hubby has those up on the web or not. He manages the SB website - I manage my jewelry sites.
...I just checked - if you click through to 'Discography' you can here more of our classical pieces. Just click the triangle before the name of the piece, and you'll get a sample.

Thanks!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1188 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:16 PM Last edited by karen lorraine : 8th Sep 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Expenses paid?
I've played timp for the Messiah before... a long time ago... Never did own a set of timpani, though they are my favorite "drums" to play. Well, except Steel Drums, but they're not really drums.

Do you like Eric Satie? We play several of his - I like the Gymnopedies best. I don't know if hubby has those up on the web or not. He manages the SB website - I manage my jewelry sites.
...I just checked - if you click through to 'Discography' you can here more of our classical pieces. Just click the triangle before the name of the piece, and you'll get a sample.

Thanks!
I do like some of Satie's music, my daughter used to play some of his stuff when she lived at home. Got her to Grade 8 piano and French Horn before she left and now she doesn't play anything! so frustrating. Middle daughter is a singer, but not singing at the moment, son is a Tuba player in a couple of Brass bands. Me, I just sing alto in a choir, love it, but have problems with counting!

Been for another listen. Just getting into the mood for Christmas My favourite is still Fur Elise. Forgot to say, I love your waistcoats!

Alchemist
#1189 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 12:32 AM
Sorry to ask again, but any update to scores Jones?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1190 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 2:03 PM
So sorry guys. Still don't have scores from one judge, but I PROMISE, I'll at least put the feedback I have up before I sleep tonight. I know you guys have had to wait a while. I don't know why this contest has gone so crazy this time. Guess RL does that sometimes for everyone.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1191 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 3:48 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Sep 2013 at 2:34 PM.
Ok, here's what I've got. So sorry it's been so long. Will add in the rest when I get it.... I have feedback from Phae, too. I will post that tomorrow.

ContestantOverall DesignThemePlayabilityRequirementsStructureRound TotalTotal
ekrubynaffit141414101062238
PSDuckie56139.51043.5163
joandsarah7710.51315101058.5235.5
Loaf141413101061233
kanzen14.514.513.5101062.5250.5
CatherineTCJD11715101053222.5
anna220910.511101050.5202
karen lorraine13.51414101061.5250
sugar5010.513.514101058227.5
TheDeadSim121115101058240.5
Cyshix10.51311101054.5213

I'm just going to paste Phae's comments down here all together, instead of under your spoilers like I have before.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1192 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 11:00 PM
Yah scores!

haha somehow I knew the judges would not care for mine. But I really didn't want to download more cc although I did a couple of things, but fairy tale was what I wanted so that's what I did. :P

Judge 1: Floating roofs? I take it you mean the cones. They are firmly on the surface but that's as good as I can do cones. I went through a heap of fences and low wall combos so that was as good as I could do. I'd love a suggestion on what fence I should have used.
Judge 2: The lot is probably a bit small for my vision I guess. The boys area was done because someone else got a comment about no boys area on her girly toy shop so I did a boys cave on purpose to balance the girly things. I would have rather not had a boys section as sim kids don't care one way or the other.
Stabbing your friends with swords is what it was all about. :D

Thank you judges for your comments.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1193 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 11:40 PM
Phae: curtain wall hangings, not sure which ones you're after but the curtains are Mustluvcatz ambrosia curtains http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=456294. the other curtains are from -maylin-'s pop70s set http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=282693. the lava lamps are by Kate at Parsimonious. the ceiling light in the orange room is the orion by holysimoly.

I researched 1970s buildings and that is one style that popped up on google images.

It is quite common to have 'drop off drives' or laybys as they're known in the UK in front of shops.

Alchemist
#1194 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 12:44 AM
Unfortunatly Phae the ladder is not functional and neithr is the fire escape stairs, but you can find the stairs here and a new mesh of it to fit under windows here, the ladder came in a great set here The luggage recolours isn't a dresser its stairs, and they are working can get that here, the chairs are stacked using omsp, the chairs are from an older set by Najimu2 called Syokudou Dining, Not sure where I got this colour from but heres some here , so at least you have the mesh and a few recolours. It may be from simscave just not sure! If you wanted anything else let me know, I reall don't mind looking and thanks for all your great feedback, and to the others Judges, and also to JOnes for hosting, its been a blast! :D

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
#1195 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:49 PM
I have just sent jones my scores, apologies for holding up the final result.

As I explained to jones, this last round closed just as I started making preparations to move to another country, so I've really had to focus on that (including overtime at work!) I found some time this afternoon to finish up my scores and comments, so hopefully you can get them soon and we can finally find out who won.

Well done to everyone who submitted an entry, it's been a great contest and some of the businesses have been phenomenal!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1196 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:59 PM
I've added in the rest of the feedback, but I'm leaving fairly soon, so the table will have to wait till later.
Mad Poster
#1197 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 8:12 PM
Phae - thank you for enjoying my lot

WCIF's infos...
Wrought Iron spiral stairs = tbudgett's here on MTS2
Ivy hanging plants = yggHangingBrooklynIvy - Yggdrasil (???) was with Spiffysims; now I have no idea where to get her stuff
Brown Cow rug = by Windkeeper @ TSR

Thanks for posting the latest comments - I'll let you do the "adding up" I know I didn't come in first But, I am curious to see who did! There were some really great builders in this group. I feel like I learned a LOT! Thanks everyone

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1198 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:34 AM
Theme: 4/5
I think some of the items are very 50s inspired, but others seem more from the 20s and 30s. I still it looks great though.

Its odd you thought that as most items were downloads from doing searches for vintage/Retro/50's, cant win em all though

Playability: 4/5
I can’t imagine there’d be any problems playing this lot – I think it’s just a shame that the shower is so far from the bedsit.

I forgot to put in there about that, was meant to say that the exercise to the bathroom helps his arthritis lol

Field Researcher
#1199 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:15 AM
Phae, for the WCIF I think you actually asked about the street lamps from my first entry lol
To save you scrolling back though I've found the link again; http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=302150

Thanks for all the nice comments regarding my entry. I wish I had more time to actually put effort into the interior. I rushed my choices on furniture and had not time to fully furnish and decorate so I just did what I could.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1200 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 2:39 PM
TDS, likely! I haven't had a chance to load my game with all the lovely new things you've all shown me this contest. I'm just glad I liked them enough to want them a second time! I'm often finding myself going to these WCIF page links and then deciding they weren't as awesome as I thought, or get them downloaded and in game and end up deleting them there. Thanks for the link again! >.<

Page 48 of 50