Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1151 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
this contest really got silent in the final round but man you guys are so awesome <3
that quite often happens in the final round kanzen.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1152 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 6:59 PM
I'm finally on antibiotics, and am feeling a bit better physically... I hope everyone else is starting to feel better now. My hubby suffers from TMJ sometimes too - but not nearly as bad as what you're going through Jones! Ouch! And Jo, I hope your ickies are getting better too.

It seems most everyone who stayed to finish out this contest has migrated over to Loaf's new contest. It's fun seeing the same people and meeting a few new ones too - I don't know why I didn't do contests before?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1153 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 7:17 PM
^mhm :I

speaking of Loaf's contest, I hope I get to finish my application before sep 2 :I its getting busy lately - I might even drop half way, idk, but I really want to participate
Lab Assistant
#1154 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 7:59 PM
^mhm :I

speaking of Loaf's contest, I hope I get to finish my application before sep 2 :I its getting busy lately - I might even drop half way, idk, but I really want to participate

Join it! It'll be fun having everyone form here around..though i doubt it's possible...Also on the WCIF I'll get back to you later...It's really late here and I'm going to dreamland..Goodnight everybody in the eastern world..Good Morning?? everyone on the western world!

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1155 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 10:13 PM
Well, Cat, it was an infection that got the TMJ acting up. But 2 Urgent care visits and 5 prescriptions later, I can finally tell it's getting a bit better. First visit, 2 days ago, they gave me antibiotics and Naproxin. The Naproxin wasn't doing a darn thing for the swelling (which is what's pushing my jaw out of alignment). Went back today because my jaw was worse, couldn't even get the antibiotic (horse pill) in to my mouth this morning. So today they gave me liquid antibiotics and steroids. Steroids have already helped with the swelling some. Also gave me Vicodin, which let me get a nice nap, finally.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1156 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
And Jo, I hope your ickies are getting better too.

Thanks catherine. I was just having one of my dizzy spells. Part of my condition I think as I've had them since I was a teenager.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1157 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 10:35 PM
I think Cam is the only one who's still going to submit an entry. After tomorrow, I will start docking late points. I have scores from one judge, and am still working on mine, as I can.
Forum Resident
#1158 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 1:41 PM
speaking of dizzy spells, I've been having them for a month now. I've got enough sleep so I'm suspecting its a case of low blood. during the typhoon I didn't get to drink soda for a week or more so...I guess I'm low on sugar too? hahaha I dont know if that's a good thing or bad thing!
Field Researcher
#1159 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 6:29 PM
Okay sorry guys for getting this in late, it's still not exactly what I wanted but I guess I didn't have the time to get it right.

I've have got all the requirements including music (speakers which are inside the center rear doors of the top and bottom levels).
I did spend quite a bit of time working on the floor plan for this one and in case it isn't clear this is the cafe.
I was intending on designing a sign for the cafe and placing it above the front entrance however I didn't get around to doing that one (it would have topped it off though).

Screenshots

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1160 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 6:38 PM
Cam, it's lovely, especially considering the amount of time that you've not had to work on this. So, glad you found the time to complete the contest.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#1161 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 3:43 PM
Wow DeadSim It's so beautiful,Great Job.And We're done with the last entries,Correct?
I have a question,If this contest is finished and closed,Will I get an achievements in my profile?

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1162 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 4:17 PM
Yes, Cyshix, but it might take a while. But yes you will get a participation achievement Also, yes, Cam's is the last entry. Still waiting on some scores and finishing up my last few. I feel tons better, though there's still enough swelling that I still can't open my mouth more than a finger's width.
Forum Resident
#1163 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 8:05 PM
I wonder if I can put this contest in my resume...hahahahaha xD what do you guys think?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1164 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 8:42 PM
I wonder if I can put this contest in my resume...hahahahaha xD what do you guys think?
I would check with your tutors.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1165 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 3:03 PM
Any progress on the scores, Jones?

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1166 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 3:16 PM
Still waiting on one judge. But either way, I'll put what I've got up tomorrow.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1167 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 9:52 PM
Oh snap, feedback! >.< I'll get on that tonight or tomorrow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1168 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 10:06 PM
Lovely cafe Cam.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#1169 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 12:02 AM
/crawls back from the dead

looking forward to the scores~ ^ u ^

/dies again ughguhguhg
Mad Poster
#1170 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 12:41 AM
Oh! Don't die again, Kanzen! LOL

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1171 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 9:39 AM
wait- did I die more than once already?

/rolls~ but but its just so nerve-racking I guess. I'm waiting for three results, this, my friends' application to a super awesome educ tour in Japan and my application for an internship in an animation studio.
/rolls some more~ I don't think they like me, maybe they're too busy too look at my crappy drawings, despair xD
I'd like to think that they haven't got to it yet, or that they're just stuck somewhere in my online laggy portfolio

so yeah knowing the results here would lessen my stress, maybe? xD I'm just excited and scared and hopeful o3o
Field Researcher
#1172 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 10:43 AM
Well I'll happily wait for scores. It's the last thing I can do after a couple delayed entries
Looking forward to see who might win. I managed to lose any chances in the 3rd round haha

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Mad Poster
#1173 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 6:16 PM
Kanzen - you are too cute! Just listen to yourself: "I don't think they like me, maybe they're too busy too look at my crappy drawings, despair xD"
...and more than just a wee bit SILLY
Of course they like you; and I bet they like your work too :lovestruc:

Oi! *shakes head at silly young whippersnapper*

Dead Sim - You could still come in tops. You've definitely got architectural style down! Gorgeous buildings.. *sigh*

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1174 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 8:19 PM
whaaaaaaaaaat, no Q u Q~
cute, silly? more like a panicky wreck with a bad case of inferiority complex xD
just look at it! its been a week now, and they haven't replied yet...and and huuurghhh

and yeah TDS~ you've got modern architecture like its your personal servant or something. we all got a chance, we're all so wonderful...so wonderful OTL
Mad Poster
#1175 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 9:16 PM
*Gasp* - Kanzen, I just snuck another peek at your work! (thanks for the link) O!M!G! The child's face! Wow! *still can't scrape jaw off floor*

...have some chocolate and relax. You are very VERY talented
I'm a musician, I understand the "panicky wreck," but you have some awesome skillz goin' on there. Don't give up - keep putting your stuff out for people to see. When the right person sees it, you will be on your way! Can I have an autograph?

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 47 of 50