Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1076 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:11 PM
@GlorianaGlowbee: Er, well, I guess I'd better make him in CAS, then, hadn't I? >.> Would you settle for a photo of part of his inspiration instead?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Advertisement
#1077 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
@GlorianaGlowbee: Er, well, I guess I'd better make him in CAS, then, hadn't I? >.> Would you settle for a photo of part of his inspiration instead?

Any piece of fashion designer Steve would rock. I'm just curious to see how you envisioned him!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Theorist
#1078 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:34 PM
Okay, then. I often don't have particular looks in mind, but when you asked, I realized that Steve would be something like Joe Blomfield in Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day. (If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it.) Mr. Blomfield is the top women's lingerie designer in the country, he's engaged to a tempestuous young beauty...

Is that what you were hoping for?

#1079 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 12:28 PM
@Esmeiolanthe Ha! I have to say, that's quite awesome. I've never met anyone else who has seen that movie. I saw it about a year ago, I wasn't expecting much of it and I was surprised at how endearing and funny it was. I like Mr. Blomfield as fashion designer Steve!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Lab Assistant
#1080 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 12:55 PM
hi all. logged in after a long time. been busy on job hunt. and I hope the contest is going to finish soon.

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?
Mad Poster
#1081 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:44 PM
Sorry I didn't make it in on time guys. Unfortunately health problems reared their ugly heads and made it impossible for me to focus on anything, so no entry from me :-( It's a shame - the Masons were the family I was really looking forward to doing, but as it turned out leaving the family with the saddest back story 'til last was definitely a mistake - no way I could work on that at the moment. Good luck to everyone who got entries in, I look forward to seeing your scores and I've loved looking at everyone's entries throughout the contest. My Downloads folder hates you all though.... :-P
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1082 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 3:25 PM
Sorry you aren't able to finish, laura MAB isn't submitting the last entry either, so we have all we are getting.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1083 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 9:43 PM
laura, even though you are officially dropping, you know how long these judges like to take. You might be able to get your house done sometime next week, I'm sure we'd all love to see it if feel up to it and are able. I had heaven reopen my contest thread so a few late entries could be added/edited just so their stories would be complete. Take care of yourself first, and after that everything is for fun and workable. Luvs!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1084 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:18 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Dec 2012 at 1:44 PM.
Still waiting on scores. Sorry guys, I'm sure you're anxious to find out.

EDIT: I have most of the scores now, am still pasting them together. Still waiting on the last few from one judge, but I'm pretty confident you'll have them sometime today.

HL...we're all wondering if you were trying to sabotage yourself...as cute as the barn is, that's a LOT of added walls...even with the revamped wall scoring, it would be a 13 pt hit. Now, I've been thinking about this since you posted it, I know I don't want to dock 13 pts, as it's not affecting the living space at all. It really functions similar to the greenhouses, which are allowed, but it's real walls not the greenhouse walls. As far as I can see, it's only deco in there, and I really want to let it go, but I have to dock something to be fair. I am definitely open for opinions on this one!
Scholar
#1085 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 5:18 PM
Yes, that's exactly how I feel about it jones - I know I don't want to have to dock so many points for HL's barn because it IS so nice and in-keeping with the rest of the house, but at the same time the rules are the rules. I know none of us would've thought twice about it had it been greenhouse walls...
I realise that this is still a massive hit, but what about we make it a round 10 docked for the barn and let off the extra 3 because it's not affecting living space? I don't really want to dock 10 but we have to draw the line somewhere.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
retired moderator
#1086 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 6:00 PM
Maybe HL is trying to make the last round a little more of a fair race between her and the pack of people tied at number 2?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1087 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 8:53 PM
Maybe she just forgot and made the barn on autopilot, I know I did with that shower wall. No letting her off unless the rest of us get let off too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1088 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 9:12 PM
We're not letting her off jo, it's more a case of "what DO we do about it and still be fair?". A dock of 13 points is a massive hit for something that doesn't affect living space. And I'm sorry, but putting in a shower wall on autopilot is believeable (I do it myself), but a whole barn with house-matching walls and various deco inside isn't.

And Phae, you could be right! HL is the only one who can tell us for sure!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1089 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 9:27 PM
I imagine it's made your job a whole lot harder. The mystery of the little red barn... I'll go with the one that says she is being kind to the rest of us.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1090 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:14 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Dec 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Default Round 4 scores
ContestantJudge 1Judge 2Judge 3BudgetStructureRound TotalOverall Total
lipe2k3330263045164658
HugeLunatic3232323032158659
joandsarah772932323043166648
GlorianaGlowbee3030303045165655
esmeiolanthe2531313045162637
Liv3233323045172661
Hencing2930323045166655
sharill632728293045159614
Phaenoh2933333045170660
RowenaLupin2527243045151617
kayls422427283045154619
hogwartsjedi2930313045165650
trin2502730313045163626
Shaundak212631323045164613
karen lorraine2730323045164641
godspeed2022223041135525
Evairance2627273045155582

A note from Judge 2: When I say I'd like to see some family pictures, I'm not meaning you have to take them yourself. That's fantastic for those who did, but even just pictures of people we can just assume or pretend are the family would have been fine.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1091 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:27 PM
Regarding a potty for Daniel it is there, unfortunately you can't see it. The potty is against the wall between the doors to the bathroom and bedroom

Thank you for the scores I've really enjoyed participating in this contest.
retired moderator
#1092 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:43 PM
You can't see my potty either, but it's there! It's in the bottom left corner of the bathroom, behind the door and next to the tub. The thing next to the dining room table and the back door is Danny's stroller. You can see it from one of his nursery pictures because the door is open. As for the beatle, that is totally Sarah's She only has work once a week (topped NatSci) so her car is parked further in.

As for routing issues, I have no idea where you guys are getting this stuff from. I've never had the kind of jam ups it sounds like must be happening in your games. Maybe my sims just aren't as sociable or have as large families as you must I suppose. I figured I'd get nailed for the kitchen bar, but I had to put it in after I thought of it. Future doesn't favor the brave apparently... As for the nursery being a 'hodge podge'! awh! Every single thing in there is either a giraffe or has to do with castles and dragons. This is the least hodge-podgey nursery I've ever done!

All in all, I'm very satisfied with my score and I had a fantastic time with this contest. Thanks judges and jones!
Theorist
#1093 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:17 PM
Judge #1 said "Bill’s room only has a 1 person bed, which is strange for an adult."

I think it's perfectly reasonable for a widower who is hurting badly enough that he moved out of the home he used to share with his wife. Why would you want a bed that's big enough to remind you that the other half should be filled with someone who is gone and will never ever come back?

EDIT: For what it's worth, I grew up in a bright yellow house with bright red gables and brick foundation. Before we painted it, it was bright green, with dark green gables and brick foundation. And I personally always admired the pink house with purple gables and blue trim (and a brick foundation) that was a few streets away. If you want muted suburban exteriors, you don't want me doing your decorating.

#1094 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:20 PM
@Feedback:

Before I forget, here's the link to the viewmaster: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downl...do=file&id=5205 (If you haven't already, check out all the stuff by Betsy4Arts, she has made a ton of retro toys, games, TV dinners, etc. It's all stuff I think every child of the 70s or 80s had in their childhoods, perfectly re-created! )

I can see where the place looks cramped, but I played it with Bill, Elise, and a dog in residence without traffic jams. I didn't have any problems when they both used their desks at the same time or played chess. There are lights in all the rooms. That white rectangle on the wall in the kitchen is a light, and there's one just like that in the bathroom. I purposely clashed out some of the furniture because it started looking TOO pristine and Bill was supposedly not good at decorating. I chose to make it look a little random in places.

I totally did rush quite a bit, though. I'm not super happy about the kitchen/living room wall color now either, I think I'll be changing it up for gameplay. There's a jumpy castle for Elise in the backyard, and a couple of bones for the dog, but I tried to spend more money inside than outside with the last house. I'm really glad Elise's room went over well, there's actually a whole lot of mess on the other side next to the white mirror, I just didn't get pics, haha. I think that room turned out as good as it did only because I had it planned in my head throughout the first three rounds, it was my favorite room to do. Thanks for the kind words

I'm satisfied with my scores as well To quote my other half, "This has been good times".

Scholar
#1095 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:59 PM
That reminds me, Phae, WCIF that gorgeous Beetle? I don't often download cars, but that's a must-have!

retired moderator
#1096 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:06 AM
Selly, I found it from trolling MTS downloads, I found a few recolors and tried to find one that included the mesh as I had trouble with the original site. Try this link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=261609
Scholar
#1097 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:15 AM
Thanks! Downloaded and ready to roll... literally

retired moderator
#1098 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:18 AM
Yay! Scores! I'm very happy with my placing. It was a very close race! Now please excuse me while I finish going through, culling, and organizing the over 8,000 CC files I ended up downloading from this contest.... >.<
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1099 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:22 AM
I've put a table in the first post with the individual round scores and the totals. Just because, I guess
Lab Assistant
#1100 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:34 AM
" I’m liking the arty stuff in the lounge, but aside from Sarah cooking there’s not much for adults to do indoors. No bookcase, TV or stereo. "
That was done on purpose, as their description stated they enjoyed spending time outside.

And as for the placement of the desk, that was done so that when Tom is crafting, he can watch Daniel easier - there's the bouncy to one side, and the other side, that bunny-head thing that earns charisma.

But anyways. I'm not too fussy, I know I have a lot to learn :3
Thanks again, jones, for this fantastic contest.

Page 44 of 45