Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM
A step back
Anyone think we took a bit of a step back with stairs. In the sims 1 we had stairs that didnt have the little wall under neath them and now were back to that agian here. It seems like it would make more sense for us to have the wall but we dont. It just seems odd in my opinion.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:19 AM
When I place stairs in my houses, they get the wall under them, and what is even better is that you can put the same wallcovering on it that the other walls in the room have. You can remove this wall to leave them open underneath, and you can replace it with a full-height wall.

Though when I placed some stairs in the garden, they were open underneath. I am not sure if this is because they were outside or if it is the particular type of stair I used.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
When I place stairs in my houses, they get the wall under them, and what is even better is that you can put the same wallcovering on it that the other walls in the room have. You can remove this wall to leave them open underneath, and you can replace it with a full-height wall.

Though when I placed some stairs in the garden, they were open underneath. I am not sure if this is because they were outside or if it is the particular type of stair I used.

o.O Please enlighten me!!! What type of stairs did you use??? I too am SO frusterated over this issue!!!

In one of my "Real life houses" I tried building in TS2, I was able to get it pretty accurate, except for one thing, the stairs.... in the house i was trying to build, one of the most noticeable things about the house, was that in the living room, we had a special kind of wall paper, and that wall paper besides being on the walls, was also on the stairs... I was so excited thinking in TS3, perhaps I could actually get this part right.... T.T then to see the stairs are open..... I've been thinking lately "Wow, forget the wallpaper T.T I'll be satisfied if they can close them off again at least!"
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:23 AM
I think it's a matter of stair type, like if you use the first set a stairs a wall will show up under them. The modern looking stairs probably don't have walls under them. But they are regular walls, not like in Sims 2 where it was part of the stair. If you put all the walls down those around the stairs go down too.