Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#26 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:45 PM
Yes - that hasn't changed.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Helptato
#27 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:24 PM
Oh, okay.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:54 AM
Awesome Thanx

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#29 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:37 PM
I just attached a picture to a thread that was less than 800x600 (deliberately made sure it was) and it has been reduced in size. It's the long thin one on this thread. Given what I'm trying to use the picture for (you'll see when you look on the thread) it's rather annoying that it does the resize. I thought pictures less than 800x600 weren't resized? How do I stop it from doing this?

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Typical
#30 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:40 PM
Just so that you don't think that is the only case of it, I have seen it hapen to others too (Sorry, I don't know where, I never thougt to bring it to your attention).
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 3:56 PM
I changed the picture resize rules yesterday.

Quote: Originally posted by from my journal
- The "resize images" script has been moved to it's own Javascript file on static2
- The script has been modified to detect the width of the window
- If the width is 1280 or less, inline images get resized to 600 pixels
- If the width is 1024 or less, inline images get resized to 500 pixels

If your screen resolution is more than 1280 then the existing resize rule stays in effect - ie resize images to 800 if they are higher.

Otherwise, if your screen resolution is either 1024x768 or 1280x1024, then it will resize images to the specific sizes, as mentioned above.

This is browser size specific so, for me, I see that long thin image at the correct size since I run at 1680x1050.

The reason for the change is that full size images at 800x600 on a 1024x768 resolution cause lots of horizontal scrolling on download threads (where the sidebar is 220 pixels, and the spacing on either side adds another 100 or so).

Hope this answers your question.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Page 2 of 2