Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Ohmygosh Cori PLEASE tell me where you got your founder's hair from <3.

It's by Newsea. The hairstyle is called Kitty. You can find it here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...yle/id/1004695/ or here: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...sr/newsea/hair/
Advertisement
Space Pony
#77 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:33 AM Last edited by Enirei : 14th Nov 2011 at 6:00 AM.
Got my heirs from Fiedhlim's and Gracie's union. Gracie's heir is Nessa while Fiedhlim's heir is Ormond. I think my bad experience with Chloe (12 kids to get an heir) led me to start breeding a bit early because Gracie and Fiedhlim are no where close to aging up to mature adults yet and they're done breeding.

I already picked out a potential mate for Nessa back when she was a toddler. One of the non-heir lines produced a male sim about Nessa's age with the perfect eyes. So when they're in school I'll make them get close and thus the chances of the eyes showing up have doubled.

I've posted up a picture of the founders of the two clan lines Chloe's line and her son's Uaithne's line along with all the heirs that had matured and produced their own perfect heir.

Little entertainment for me. I've been inviting Sims over for chess matches I've been checking out their family trees to see if and how they relate back to my founder Chloe Greene using Master Controller.

My latest one was Francisca McIrish-French (in picture). She's related to Chloe through 3 of her children: Rina Greene (heir), Uaithne Greene (founder of secondary clan), and Blerta McGraw (non-heir).

The man Francisca had a child with is also related to Chloe three of her children: L0rne Sw0rd, Uaithne Greene (again), Gawain Koffi.

So Francisca's daughter Sally McIrish-French is related to Chloe through 5 of Chloe's children. Though of course by not the same degree. Chloe is Sally's 3-greats grandmother 3 times, 4-greats grandmothers twice. Though since this breeding was done by non-heir Sims, earliest was her Great-Grandfather that was Ace Greene's son, I highly doubt she has any of the perfect traits. I know Sally's mother, Francisca, doesn't.

Sorry if this is spammish. I just find the family trees very interesting especially when the non-active Sims are more related to my founder than my actual heirs. And also apparently on the tree when you hover, they don't recognize great-great grandparents as relations.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:37 PM
I've been away for the weekend with husband and kids, and then i come back and Yay!! A new family tree and of course yay for the new players always makes it interesting...........though i do get the feeling i am the unluckiest player about!!
Never had an heir!! Gonna see how i get along with my new founder though, used carla again

Enirei, i love seeing your family trees!! I can't wait till i get people coming over that are related!!!

I am getting a bit irky about perhaps going back to my old family........it's such a waste of time and effort letting this one go, but it's so horribly bugged!! And i lost the last two twins because of some stupid errors! Set me back quite some time so i am still doubtfull, ah wel, lets first start up the sims and then i will see!
Forum Resident
#79 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klevkin
Here's the family tree so far i think i am gonna try and seduce the husband of her daughter lol hes blond, maybe blond hair won't be as overpowering as dark hair

Hey! Where did you get Ariadne's hair from? I want it so very badly.
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:44 PM Last edited by Bareri-San : 14th Nov 2011 at 2:33 PM.
Hey just wondering, do we have to choose from one of the NPCs in town to marry or can we use sims that we've made before?

On another note, here's my founder; Lucy Lorelle. I was trying to decide on hairstyles and I noticed this particular one made the colours blend together oh so nicely~
Apart from Dislikes Children, her traits include: Coward, Loser, Light Sleeper and Easily Impressed. Her LTW is to become a world renowned surgeon. xD
Screenshots
Space Pony
#81 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bareri-San
Hey just wondering, do we have to choose from one of the NPCs in town to marry or can we use sims that we've made before?

On another note, here's my founder; Lucy Lorelle. I was trying to decide on hairstyles and I noticed this particular one made the colours blend together oh so nicely~
Apart from Dislikes Children, her traits include: Coward, Loser, Light Sleeper and Easily Impressed. Her LTW is to become a world renowned surgeon. xD

Well you most definitely have a unique hair color. Looks good.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Hey! Where did you get Ariadne's hair from? I want it so very badly.

It's (also) from newsea on TSR Heres the link

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...items/1/free/1/
Test Subject
#83 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:32 AM
I tried to mix this challege with a really intricate one but I think the hair color and eye color are too hard to combine with anything else so I'm starting a new one just playing with this rule. Best challenge idea I've read in a while!
Test Subject
#84 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 10:35 AM
I started off with my founder, Aurora Violet:

She has pink/purple hair and orange eyes.
She's a virgo, couch potato, dislikes kids, excitable, genius and handy.

She met Buck Broke her first day in town and they quickly became intimate and had twin girls, Leya and Janelle.
Luckily, Leya was an heir with her mom's eyes and hair and Janelle had purple hair but grey eyes.

Leya will be aging up soon so I'll have more to post
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:15 PM
What does the partner look like? I think I might be picking the wrong partners no heirs over here and sadly enough a while lot of errors.....I decided to reinstall and start again....its a good thing i'm so stubborn or else I would have given up!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 2:38 PM
Well, Klevkin, it's all random what genes your children get so there could be anything from 1 to 100 babies before you have the right one. Haha. What I have found out though is that dark hair dominates a little, so avoiding darkhaired people might be a good idea. Unless your special colour is dark.

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Space Pony
#87 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:11 PM
What does the partner look like? I think I might be picking the wrong partners no heirs over here and sadly enough a while lot of errors.....I decided to reinstall and start again....its a good thing i'm so stubborn or else I would have given up!

Are you sure you just don't have the unlucky trait? Genetics are picked by random from percentages.
Hair Color (from my understanding):
a parent out of 2: 20%
a grandparent out of 4: 10%
mutate is 20%

Eyes Color (from my understanding):
a parent: 22.5%
a grandparent: 11.25%
mutate: 10%

I don't know how the game goes with the genetics of parent-less Sims having babies (like the founder), but after the initial founder we have a 10.125% of the 1st, 2nd, whatever generation producing an perfect heir with any given child. So about a 1 out of 10 chance to produce a kid with the eyes and hair.

Sorry for long post, former Math major who got her hands on the XML file concerning genetics.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 15th Nov 2011 at 6:42 PM.
It's (also) from newsea on TSR Heres the link

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...items/1/free/1/

Thank you!

This is Delilah Bann. Hopefully things will go right this time
She has White hair and purple eyes her traits are Dislikes Children, Snob,[ have to look the rest of them up]. Haven't found her husband yet. Even I had to fix Sebastian Vanderburgs face up before I married him to Europa. There are no nice looking people in Hidden Springs...

(She no longer has pointed ears, I realized they looked weird.)
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
Are you sure you just don't have the unlucky trait? Genetics are picked by random from percentages.
Hair Color (from my understanding):
a parent out of 2: 20%
a grandparent out of 4: 10%
mutate is 20%

Eyes Color (from my understanding):
a parent: 22.5%
a grandparent: 11.25%
mutate: 10%

I don't know how the game goes with the genetics of parent-less Sims having babies (like the founder), but after the initial founder we have a 10.125% of the 1st, 2nd, whatever generation producing an perfect heir with any given child. So about a 1 out of 10 chance to produce a kid with the eyes and hair.

Sorry for long post, former Math major who got her hands on the XML file concerning genetics.

i think i might have the unlucky trait, now that you say it!!!

Seriously, i need that file!!! How do i find it???? I love genetics!! I used to breed mice tbh and i love the genetics behind that (talking about math, im a daughter of a math teacher lol does that count? hahahaha)

Im downloading some new hair and sims to create my new founder. Reinstalled everything yesterday and hoping to get playing really soon, but somehow either my computer or my internet connection is not cooperating (i hate my computer right now......) the downloading goes so very very very slow!!
Test Subject
#90 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 1:25 PM
So, finally! I have a heir and I wanted to show him to you all.
First, the father

Then the other siblings.

I'm in love with Morgana and Andromeda ):
And now, the heir.

I have to say that my founder has the Fairy Tale LTW. I was waiting to get the unicorn to breed Shimmering (my horse). I'm lucky 'cause the unicorn is a mare.

And now, the cuteness that is killing me~

First try and I have gotten just what I wanted: it's a unicorn, with at least one star mark and another random genetic from her father.
Bright is just perfect <3
Space Pony
#91 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 4:14 PM
i think i might have the unlucky trait, now that you say it!!!

Seriously, i need that file!!! How do i find it???? I love genetics!! I used to breed mice tbh and i love the genetics behind that (talking about math, im a daughter of a math teacher lol does that count? hahahaha)

Im downloading some new hair and sims to create my new founder. Reinstalled everything yesterday and hoping to get playing really soon, but somehow either my computer or my internet connection is not cooperating (i hate my computer right now......) the downloading goes so very very very slow!!

In my last PM to you told you where to find it. Yup, if you're use to dealing with math and having fun that counts. Can't wait to see your new founder and heirs.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 8:50 AM
@Enirei thanks!!! :D

@Kurineiko, i just lover your story hahaha and the horse, it's so cute!!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 7:13 PM
So here's my new founder she has quite the attitude........and the LTW (gold digger) so she had 4 kids from diff blokes, then she married Thornton Wolff who will probably find an untimely death somewhere in the near future (something to do with drowning in the swimmingpool i think.......) but first they are gonna have some kids as well she is now pregnant with him
Screenshots
Space Pony
#94 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 7:41 PM
So here's my new founder she has quite the attitude........and the LTW (gold digger) so she had 4 kids from diff blokes, then she married Thornton Wolff who will probably find an untimely death somewhere in the near future (something to do with drowning in the swimmingpool i think.......) but first they are gonna have some kids as well she is now pregnant with him

She's look cool and I love the hair (both style and color).
Test Subject
#95 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 8:03 PM
@Klevkin, Thank you Hm, I'm not confident with my english, that's why I don't comment much. But I'm reading all the posts. I love your new founder She's really pretty. The freckles <3
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 7:06 PM
Just wanted to give you all a quick update. Tori met and fell in love with a handsome med student names Gregory Masterson. They had a son, Skylar, and decided to make it official and get married. Soon after, the triplets, Trey, Starla & Hunter came. So far, the perfect genes combination have not popped up together (all the kids have Greg's hair and somehow Hunter got these really pretty caramel brown eyes, not the neon green of Tori or the sky blue like Greg, huh?), but they still have some pretty darn cute kids, IMO :0). Tori is preggos again so we'll see what happens.
Space Pony
#97 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 9:26 PM
The neon green eyes are quite pretty (love the color).

Quote: Originally posted by corihummel77
Hunter got these really pretty caramel brown eyes, not the neon green of Tori or the sky blue like Greg, huh?

1 in 10 chance of a kid's eyes being a random color. XML file calls it mutating. Dunno if it's affected if a parent does not have parents of their own.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 10:10 AM Last edited by Klevkin : 21st Nov 2011 at 5:08 PM.
@Corihummel, he sure is pretty!!! and those kids are very cute

@kuraineko, does not matter if your english is not perfect!! We understand you just fine!! And i forgot to mention, i just love morgana!! She is so cute!!

Thanks for the comments on my founder having her with quite the attitude has helped me dump the babies! So here is her story so far. She had a few kids with thornton, then he suddenly drowned (see assembled picture) while she was pregnant. He didn't want to go, but the reaper was relentless (right word??). She gave him a nice place to rest, being happy to get rid of him but he came back though, but she sure as hell wasn't happy with that! (look at her face!) At least she did finish her lifetime wish
She had some more kids, two with the butler, who then vanished (they don't seem to have a father in their family tree either), so i got myself a new butler (female sadly enough, but she is great with the babies, so i am keeping her) and called a maid, he was male so he became the father of one as well sadly still no heir. Though somehow, my last twin had both the hair, and i was really buzzed, because i was sure their eyes were yellow as well!! (don't know why!! Guess i thought it was time for me to be lucky......) but when i checked in the mirror, they were purple!! Somehow, i have kids popping up, with the right hair, and purple eyes! Ah well, family tree is included and so is the death of thornton.
I had the children in with their fathers, for as far as that was possible. Her two eldest are now adults (though Bailey was knocked up when she was a teenager, as soon as wyatt was born the father left her) and live on their own, i have dumped all their siblings amongst them. And the more they get, the more i will add to their households (or to the fathers).

As for now, Aïda is an elder. I just created her first YA potion, so she will be taking that after i have posted this. Then she will go and marry another rich husband (why do it once when you can do it again) cause dumping all her babies had to go along with some money, so she is quite poor now again........she needs the money!! (or maybe she is just greedy!) Anyways, i'm still hoping to get an heir some day! (at least there are no errors so far!)
Screenshots
Space Pony
#99 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Enirei : 23rd Nov 2011 at 6:43 PM. Reason: Crashing is evil...
So with my Greene family I've been getting the access code 0x00000030 error which caused crashing. So not playing them any more until something changes.

I've started a new game with Asahi Akagi whose LTW is to be a heart breaker. After 3 pregnancies, her fourth provided twins and an heir named Akira. Only have had 2 boyfriends and working on the third so got something to do while little Akira ages up.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 8:46 AM
Crashing is evil indeed! Horrible!!

its very frustrating if you put in so much effort! Asahi looks great though! and at least her hair won't look weird on boys.............my boys look weird with the pink hair!! :D

i'll post some updates on mine later on (should be easy now that i have two screens to work from!)
Page 4 of 46