Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:28 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 23rd Nov 2015 at 2:09 AM.
Sounds good- the list's been updated. Feel free to do whatever you want to the interiors.

FYI- if anyone's finding it hard to come up with exterior textures- I think I have a userpreset file included in the World file. It has a whole bunch of wallpapers and floors saved up for quick use.

Just be sure to back up your existing userpreset file first in case you have anything saved.

@Harvee & @Spoonsnthings

A great little reference I used is the Bismayah project floorplans:

http://www.bismayah.org/english/pag...tional_type.asp
http://www.bismayah.org/english/pag...modern_type.asp

The floorplans are a nice touch (though I wouldn't suggest following them too closely) with some notes of privacy, but the little videos they have are great for referencing finishes.

The traditional type is that perfect little mix of tackiness (Middle-eastern penchant for overwrought wood furniture) and utilitarianism (florescent bar lights). The modern one is also useful if you want something more stylish.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Sounds good- the list's been updated. Feel free to do whatever you want to the interiors.

FYI- if anyone's finding it hard to come up with exterior textures- I think I have a userpreset file included in the World file. It has a whole bunch of wallpapers and floors saved up for quick use.

Just be sure to back up your existing userpreset file first in case you have anything saved.

There is a userpresets file included in the zip, and I'm finding it quite helpful.

I hate to nag, but I would like to know what rabbithole you are planning on putting in the basement of 22, as that will influence the direction I take.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 1:44 AM
Hmm- try a grocers, a business rabbithole, and a diner.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 2:33 AM Last edited by HarVee : 23rd Nov 2015 at 2:49 AM.
Curious now, was a decrappified version of MV used when creating this world? Only ask because oneself is using decrapped version installed through the .package way and isn't sure if he could use the MV content without it disappearing for non-decrapped users. The columns and Colosseum show up fine for oneself, by the way.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 2:40 AM
Yeah it was. I found out yesterday that decrappified stuff still has some numbers changed up inside the objects, and may not appear properly for people using the original version. As such, the patch I hope fixes at least the ruin columns and the textures on the main mosque.

If I can get a nondecrappified default version of the Colosseum lot, then the problem is probably 2/3 solved. The final missing piece is the column tops (the arches), but I deem that an acceptable loss.

The final solution involves Nilxis going in and replacing every column in the ruins using his legit version of Monte Vista, but that's kind of a tedious option (alternatively, Nilxis could plop down a whole bunch of columns and column tops, and I could do the fine-tuning of the placement). That would also mean that the textures on the main mosque would need to be redone as well.

Also, another possible reference, again on the New City portion: http://www.wynndcorp.com/internatio...0Complexopt.jpg

Some tacky suburban houses from New Cairo.

Edit: Some notes from the houses- I would leave a free 1-block gap from the edge of the lot to any fences to avoid routing issues.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 2:54 AM
Never been a fan of those houses. Not really a fan of the Cairo area at all. Most of ones lots take inspiration from where oneself resides near Aswan, which is Southern Egypt. Which is kind of like the analogy of East Coast vs West Coast US in a way.

But, for the sake of authenticity, inspiration can be taken from it if needed.

Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:22 AM
I don't like those New Cairo houses either... looks like a bad fusion of ersatz Spanish Colonial and I-have-no-clue-wtf-I-am-doing. I like HarVee's Aswan houses much better, for what it's worth.

Tacky wooden furniture + utilitarianism = something exactly like what Korea went through in the late 70s, design-wise. Oh hai, it's Hanhwa working on the Bismayah project! I freelance translation work for a lot of heavy industries and construction companies, and all the Korean companies seem to be scrambling for a chunk of the "developing the developing world" project pie, now that domestic industry is tanking.

I am considering doing C22 so that it can be opened up to the use of Mods. Some people use Zerbu's ultimate careers mod, so I think I will see what I can do to make the lot a playable office, if I can indeed achieve that without using any CC at all.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 3:36 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 28th Nov 2015 at 5:20 PM.
lol I know, it's just a possible reference. They're pretty horrid- but they do exist, and unfortunately in sizeable numbers around the Middle East.

Edit: Making lots mod & store ready is a great thing. For example, the hammam is designed so that it can accept AroundtheSims's hammam set.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 8:44 AM
o_o

huk...

Not only does the world look super realistic... but very playable, too...
... dangit, I feel both demotivated and fascinated when looking at it.

Have fun building!
(I don't think I'll be able to do anything, save for praise :/)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:13 PM
Not much of a builder but I can do Sims + horses, whenever needed (cause most farmers have at least one horse xD)

Also there is store content for farms a chicken coop and a cow corral (I don't know if I spelt that right)

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#61 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:35 PM
I'll do that once I got time. I'm very busy ATM. But If I'm free, I will post pictures of my lots.
Meanwhile, could you 'reserve' lot numbers A1, A2, A3, A4, A6, A7, A8 for me, please? Thanks.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#62 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xPennyxTallyx
Not much of a builder but I can do Sims + horses, whenever needed (cause most farmers have at least one horse xD)

Also there is store content for farms a chicken coop and a cow corral (I don't know if I spelt that right)

Don't think @jje1000 and @Nilxis have any intentions of pre-populating this world. Could be wrong though.

Anyway, having family issues at the moment, so progress for ones lots may be slower-at least for the next week. But he is still going to continue building though.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:39 PM
@xPennyxTallyx & @HarVee

I'm hoping for a populated savegame once the lots are finished. That'll be a ways off, so stay in touch!

@Jawusa

I'll put you down for those lots for now- and we'll see what the lots you found look like once you have time
Theorist
#64 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 9:23 PM
@lisfyre, @Jawusa & @Harvee

Thanks!

Let me know when you get the lots

UH.... I don't think I can build the lots needed for this world... I am hoping to get the world and the lots already there

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#65 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 12:20 AM
Of curiosity, what did you, @jje1000 have in mind for that large lot on top of the mountain? An observatory perhaps?

Also, is this world suppose to have a lot bloom? Because if so it seems a bit excessive.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 1:31 AM
The large lot at the top of the mountain is going to be an old crusader castle.

For the bloom, it might have to do with any altered graphics mods in your game- it isn't as bloomy in my game.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 2:08 AM
The large lot at the top of the mountain is going to be an old crusader castle.

For the bloom, it might have to do with any altered graphics mods in your game- it isn't as bloomy in my game.

Interesting choice.

Anyway, doing one of those Baghdad apartments is tough, as it isn't ones usual style, but this is what one has so far:

It's a bit bulky. Needs to go on a diet.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:44 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 24th Nov 2015 at 12:54 PM.
I like the form

I would probably cut down the size so that there's room for an enclose, a yard in the front and also room to fully park a car inside the enclosure.

IMO make sure you can fit the Late Night gate into the fence.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 8:47 PM
downloaded world really beautiful but my computer is cheap can't run it
Mad Poster
#70 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 11:30 PM Last edited by HarVee : 30th Nov 2015 at 8:04 PM.
Few of you may or may not be aware, but this one has been doing some massive re-categorization of CAS content which aims to help better simulate common clothing styles found in North Africa and the Mid-East and keep this world a bit more lore-friendly.

To be specific about what has been done, this edits over 2400 pieces of CAS content from HELS, FLS, and OLS packs, as well as from every EP excluding ITF. The stencil overlays on some of the items have been removed, One stencil on a male LN jacket was replaced with a custom image, that was done for testing purposes.

First thing that be noticed is lack of high fashion and heavy clothing for males and females, and lack of overly-revealing attire for females outside of swim and sleepwear categories. As the main goal of this is to give bit more of a North African/Mid-East flair to the world, most items of these styles have been hidden and de-randomized as they're not commoner fashion here in Egypt, which is the primary inspiration for this.

Also, many items that EA thought wouldn't be suitable for Athletic/Formal and Outerwear have been re-categorized. Yes, now men can wear slacks while playing football, and women cheap sandals while at a wedding.

Download link

As this is a large edit, it is suggested to put this file in the Overrides subfolder instead of the Packages subfolder of the Mods folder.

*This file is still a WIP at the moment, there are few things still need changing/improving. So consider this more as a preview than a finalization.

ETA: Updated the file. Delete the old one and use this new one. Contains more recats and more removed stencils.

dodgy builder
#71 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamerz13
So, I'm still having issues getting content to show up. I've installed the store content fix and totally reinstalled the world. The Monte Vista stuff, ampitheater and ruins, still don't show up. And the palm trees or whatever are being replaced (what did they come with anyway? maybe that's my missing something, but I don't think so).

Still a beautiful world though, I love this so much.

When I made Stranda I always had trouble with the same player for the ballet or whatever it was, from the store. It was installed, but I always had to go pick it up myself in every playtest. I found out at the time it was a well known issue. I didn't know it was with an exp though. I thought that was just for store items.
Banned
#72 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 8:37 PM
Amazing! Loving the look of this. Subscribed.
Vexillologist here, what's that flag about?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:08 PM
Thanks!

If you're talking about the flag used in the world, the flag is a mixture of that or Jordan's flag (with the colors flipped to avoid Sudan), and the Turkish Crescent and Star replacing the star.

It's part of the lore/backstory I'm hoping to develop for the world. Contributions are welcome
Field Researcher
#74 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 8:54 PM
Are C16-20 still available? If so, I'd be up for taking this batch.

Hm, I need to come up with something to put here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 5:13 AM
Yup! These are city lots.

Good to see you again, hope you're enjoying your winter
Page 3 of 9