Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 5:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird issue with basketball and soccer objects
For a while now I've been having this weird issue with the basketball hoop and soccer goalpost objects. Whenever somebody is using either one of these objects, everyone else on the lot (playable or otherwise) will stand around doing absolutely nothing, as if their free will was turned off. They can finish whatever interaction they have in their queues, but then they just stop and stand around waiting for the other Sim to stop using the object. While this is happening I can tell my Sims to do something and it usually works fine. Sometimes though, the interaction becomes invisible in their queue and they either complete it as normal or they get part way through and jump bug.

All this is particularly annoying if I visit the sports hobby lot. Usually when I arrive there is one Sim shooting hoops while everyone else is standing in place doing nothing. I can interact with the Sim using the object to interrupt them, which allows everyone else to go about their business, but before long someone else will use one of the objects and everyone stops again. I've searched various places and never seen anyone else report this problem, so I'm very confused.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 6:41 PM
Use 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' and get an error log to post, so that we can see what might be happening.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 8:29 PM Last edited by Christophee : 18th Apr 2024 at 8:46 PM.
I got two errors almost immediately after someone starting using the hoop. What's the best way to post them?

Edit: Actually, it may not be necessary. I ran them through WhatCausedThis (which I only just learned about today while taking one last look for an answer before posting this) and it returned CJ's LoopFixes. I guess I'll take that out and see if it works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Christophee
I got two errors almost immediately after someone starting using the hoop. What's the best way to post them?

Edit: Actually, it may not be necessary. I ran them through WhatCausedThis (which I only just learned about today while taking one last look for an answer before posting this) and it returned CJ's LoopFixes. I guess I'll take that out and see if it works.

Loop Fixes requires Smarter EP Check, do you have that installed as well?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Loop Fixes requires Smarter EP Check, do you have that installed as well?

I do indeed.

I took out the mod and everything seems to be working fine now. I certainly don't understand why that mod would be causing this problem (surely others would have encountered the same thing if it were that simple) but at least it's fixed. For now I'll just play without it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 11:45 PM
If you want to know what the issue is, you can post the error log.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you want to know what the issue is, you can post the error log.

I will, but I don't know how to do it. Do I just paste the text here? It looks rather long.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 3:04 AM
Just put it in a zip file, like with every other file? Or just use pastebin.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Christophee
I will, but I don't know how to do it. Do I just paste the text here? It looks rather long.

Do you have WinRAR or some other raring program? Right click on the file and there should be an option to zip/rar it up, you can then drop that into a post on the thread by clicking Advanced at the bottom of the post. Scroll down and you will see upload.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 11:29 AM
I'd never had to post a file here before, so thanks for letting me know how. I have two error logs, but they appear to be the same thing happening to two different Sims, so I've just posted the first one.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N001_t91918.zip (18.1 KB, 0 downloads)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 12:37 PM
I think that mod is just broken, he passed the basketball hoop ID as the sim ID to a function, no idea what he was even trying to do there.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 12:38 PM
Don't know about the log, but I have Cyjon's 'More Fun', which addresses the same problem as 'Loop Fixes', and it seems to work fine.