Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 2:19 AM
Thank you for taking the time to put this wonderful tutorial together!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 6:12 AM
Just awesome! Thank you!! I've been looking on instructions on how to do this. Thanks for making it so easy to follow. :3dcool:

Treat me like an angel and I'll be your lil' devil
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 11:53 AM
wow thanks i never knew how to do this before
thanks soo much
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 7:54 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you & a further million thank yous! With the help of this clear nice n easy tutorial I now have my own artwork on display in my sims home! I am soooo happy!

You are simtastic :D

Happy simming,

Net x
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:08 PM
I have SimPE .52, and CEP3...The photostudio is still greyed out..now what? I have redownloaded simpe. I am lost!!
#31 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 1:39 AM
I have placed the .package file it creates in my downloads folder. but i can never find my paintings in buy mode. where the hell are they?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 4:44 AM
Thanks! You're brilliant! *presses Thank you button a bunch of times* lol (I'm just OCD that way)

·¤°¯`ReiRei702´¯°¤·
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 4:01 PM
I can´t acess Photostudio. Why? I´ve read that I need CEP files, but what are CEP files? :S

with hope in our hearts and bricks in our hands, we sing for change!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 9:00 AM
Awesome tutorial. Thanks!

I do have one question, my Photostudio only gives me the option of RAW format or Compressed...which should I go with since I have no clue how to get NVidia options through Photostudio? (and yes, I do have an NVidia graphics card, the 6600 8XAPG)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:47 PM
WOW, THIS IS BY FAR THE EASIEST TUTORIAL YET! Finally, I can make something for The Sims 2, lol.
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:46 AM
ThankyOU!! I love this!! I have made awesome pictures and ill be sure to share them1!!!

--MOD'S ARE MEAN! I'LL CLOSE YOUR THREAD!!--
Field Researcher
#38 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:35 AM
Hi the tutorial is great but I do have a question. How would one find the paintings that sims make such as still lifes in game in order to make buyable paintings from them? I have one in particular made by a sim of mine that turned out extremely well and I would love to make it a buyable painting.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:45 AM
i nearly cried with joy when i found this tutorial.
do you know how long i had been searching for something like this only to be linked to dead or completley irrelevant pages?
THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 6:57 AM
so is there any picture making thing for sims 2 that's for mac?

do not fear of death
Part-time Hermit
#41 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kikyo1028
so is there any picture making thing for sims 2 that's for mac?

Not that I know of, unfortunately.
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 7:02 AM
too bad @_@

do not fear of death
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 7:51 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial CynicalChick, this has really helped me a lot for my own Sims picture-making, and the Photo Studio is great! I was just wondering is there a way to recolor the frames-of the pictures you recolor from Photo Studio?

I love the ease with which to make custom paintings...and would love to know how to make custom color frames to go with them. I've looked all over and don't know where to find out how I can do that Any help would be appreciated

I don't just want to be good...I want to be God's
Test Subject
#44 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 2:12 AM
I've been looking for a tutorial about this forever. I'm glad I ran into this before I did anything stupid. It's really easy to understand and I completely get what you are talking about. Thanks so much. =)

"Don't cry for what you've lost; smile for what you have." - Dana Reeve

"To be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." -- E.E. Cummings
Field Researcher
#45 Old 2nd May 2006 at 10:46 PM
My photo studio is still greyed out. I am running SimPE 56 and CEP 4. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Just a regular person
The ModFather
retired moderator
#46 Old 2nd May 2006 at 11:12 PM
Usually, the first time you invoke Photo Studio, SimPE automatically downloads the needed templates. Maybe you cancelled the download/installation or something went wrong...

Try manually download the Photo Studio Templates from this page and install them.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 2nd May 2006 at 11:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. That didn't work either. I'm at a loss.

Just a regular person
The ModFather
retired moderator
#48 Old 2nd May 2006 at 11:47 PM
If you have installed SimPE, the CEP and the templates, I see no reason why it shouldn't work... I'm at a loss, too...
I can only suggest to double check the correct installation of the various elements. In particular, opend the folder where SimPE is installed and go into the Data folder: you should see several ".template" files (they are the templates for the PhotoStudio).

Ah! What about the DDS utilities? Have you installed them?
I'm not absolutely sure they are needed for the PhotoStudio to work, but it worths a try, anyway.
Read about installing the DDS utilities and configuring SimPE HERE

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 3rd May 2006 at 12:21 AM Last edited by nancyw41 : 3rd May 2006 at 1:02 AM. Reason: Think I found the problem
Nope, that didn't work either and all the template files are there. This just makes no sense.

After running a system check with Simpe, for some reason the CEP is not installed. I have redownloaded it and installed 4 times, and it still keeps telling me "unable to locate (path)/_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package." It is directly in my downloads folder, not a subfolder. Why is this? Thanks for your help and patience. I'm not an idiot, I swear!

Finally got it! I play my game using a different user account, but for some reason, SimPE was picking up that the CEP was not on the one I play with. Weird. Anyway, thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

Just a regular person
#50 Old 4th May 2006 at 5:24 AM
Everything worked fine until I loaded the game.

I used the bella goth (red dressed lady ) and it didn't show up in game as a color option. Any suggestions?
Page 2 of 13