Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:52 PM
Default Hash Generator stopped working, any way to do this manually?
Looks like SimPE is having problems. I googled when it wouldn't give me a new GUID for my object, and it seems like everyone is getting errors because the database is down or something. Since I know how the GUID thing works, I did that manually. But what about the Hash Generator? That one stopped working, too. Is it generating random numbers or what does it do when I open the Hash Generator and check the "GUID" option?

I'm trying to make something recolourable and need something to paste into my new material override. So is there any way to do this when the Hash Generator won't do it for me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 5:25 PM
The Hash Generator doesn't have anything to do with registering GUIDs, and still works as usual. I've used it several times without any issues. I mostly use it for creating a new "family" string for MMATs when I add subsets, but there are other uses for it. You can use it to create GUIDs (as in strings of 8x8 digit hex numbers), but be aware that it only creates a random number, and there's no guarantee that GUID number hasn't already been used.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 5:51 PM
As far as I know (I just used it in the last week), the German version of the SimPE site still works and you can get a new GUID (along with registering your object) that way.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:29 PM
^ yup, but only as long as you already had an account on the original site. As far as I know, you can't register as a new user any longer.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM
Uh huh, I know that. But I *think* OP has an account since they said they "Googled when it wouldn't give me a new GUID for my object". :D
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 2:22 AM
If it is not clear, for you or others, see this to get unused GUIDs http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...077#post5321077
Hope it will help.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 10:41 AM
You're right, simmer. It's a coincidence it both stopped working at the same time. The hash generator started working again today. No idea what was going on. Hm.

And thank fuck, MLC is right, too. I can register GUIDs on the German site. Having to manually keep a list sucks.