Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
#11826 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe try another sims lot, teleport and move in then move them back out.

Yep. Did that, he still has issues when moving by himself into a lot after I have teleported him to a different one to move back out. Or when combining him with an existing lot. Right now the only way I can think of it working is to move a sim into a lot, use the teleporter to move him in and then have the original sim move out. Still don't know if that will work if I try to go back in and play him though or it will just be build mode again.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11827 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
something else::
noticed an option in Game options called "Force 12 hour". which pack was it introduced and what is it?

Bon Voyage (and maybe later eps as well). It makes the game change from 24 hour clock (known as military time in US) to 12 hours clock (the US am/pm). I think it also can change from 12 hours clock to 24 hours clock.
Test Subject
#11828 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
What happens if you use the familyfunds cheat with a family name used by multiple households?
Scholar
#11829 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:45 PM
goes to the newest household

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#11830 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:15 PM
I once used FamilyFunds to give money to the Montys. It was to reimburse Antonio for clothes that had gone missing, and that he had had to buy again. I was interested to see where the money went. It went to Bianca. I'm not sure if she's the newest Monty household (she probably is), but she used christianlov's Wallet to pass it on to her brother, its intended recipient. Being a shrewd businesswoman (she's in the business career), she deducted a small "handling charge". (Actually because the wallet couldn't transfer the exact amount.)

Talking of the Montys, I had an irritating glitch at the Monty Ranch yesterday: Romeo was the only member of the family who could clean up dirty dishes. Everybody else got "There are no actions available." Patrizio and Isabella had to leave the filthy breakfast dishes on the dining table all day until their grandson got home from school. There were lots of guests for lunch, and Isabella, the neighbourhood's best cook, served up a wonderful chilli con carne for them all, but again only Romeo could clean up after the feast (which he found annoying, because he'd invited Juliette round, and wanted to go downtown with her). This glitch will be problematic if it continues, especially if and when Romeo moves to Capp Manor to be with the love of his life. I tried turning on Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled, and using "Force Error" and "Reset" first on the dirty dishes and then on the dishwasher, but it made no difference -- only Romeo could clear them up. I tried making one of the guests selectable, but she couldn't clean up either. It's true that Romeo worked for a while as a professional dishwasher in a fast food restaurant, but so did Mercutio, and he wasn't offering to help.

I am hoping that, when I reopen the lot, the glitch will have gone away on its own, but has anyone any idea what I can do if it persists? I've had similar temporary glitches before, but never affecting so many Sims so persistently. I know I could turn on MoveObjects and delete the offending dishes ones by one, but that's both slow and cheaty: I'd much rather see my Sims clearing up their own dirty dishes.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11831 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:17 PM
I have had that glitch a few times, but it's always cleared up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11832 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
neighborhood templates; are the shipped version ones carried forward to each successive pack?
Mad Poster
#11833 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:50 PM
Each disc installs the new hoods and new templates in the program files on the machine, and they stay there. If you have BG, BV, and AL, but not OFB, Seasons, or Freetime, you'll have the three original neighborhoods, the three vacation destinations, and Belladonna Cove, but you won't have Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley.

Andrew, I sometimes find that a sim who can't be ordered to clean up dirty dishes can be influenced to do so. But it can take a long time as for some reason nobody seems to have fixed the code that makes non-controlled cleaners clean up absolutely everything else before taking care of the dishes!

I've had this glitch more than once. Once everyone in the house had it at the same time and I finally resorted to the stuck object remover.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11834 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:43 AM
Do burglars ever come to residential ("for rent") university properties?
Field Researcher
#11835 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:45 AM
Yes, I‘ve had burglars in university.
Mad Poster
#11836 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 9:33 AM
Default On the subject of Sims rejecting an invitation to join a casual group.
Quote: Originally posted by jdusk on 13th Jan 2018
I've never had this happen in my game but I would think it could be because she didn't like someone else in the casual group (Pamela or Kent). There's oftentimes background fury or other poor relations between townies that I don't realize exists until I make them selectable.
Thanks!

I checked Bianca Monty's relationships in SimPE. Her relationship with Kent Capp is a good one. You may recall Maxis gave them a mutual crush on each other. Well, that came to nothing in my game and both are now in same-sex relationships, but Kent and Bianca have remained very good friends, giving each other mutual support on various occasions. So I checked Bianca's relationship with Pamela Landry. It wasn't so much of a bad relationship as a non-relationship. Long and Short Term relationships are zero in both directions, and the Known flag isn't even checked suggesting that they've never met. (This sort of relationship may come into existence when the two Sims are on the same lot at the same time, but never interact with each other.) So maybe the absence of a proper relationship with one of the casual group members is a good enough reason for a Sim to refuse to join the group.

I had something similar a few years ago. Kent Capp was on an outing downtown with Romance teen Jack Gill. My story was that Kent had acknowledged to himself that he was gay, and had asked the gay Sim he knew best (i.e. Jack) to come with him on a shopping trip and advise him on what clothes and accessories to buy. Jack, being Jack, was treating the whole thing as a joke and advising Kent to buy the most ridiculous stuff -- a black suit with ultra-short shorts and bright red shoes, and, worst of all, a bright turquoise emo boy style hairpiece. Kent was the only active playable. When they were at the clothes shop I spotted my original Sim Andrew Jones there so I made Jack controllable with the Control-This-Sim hack and got him to introduce Kent to Andrew. Now Jack and Andrew are both gay teens, and they are best friends, but their approach to love is very different. Andrew believes in faithful True Love in the sense of "I will love you till I die." Jack likes to have fun with lots of different lovers. When Andrew saw the stuff that Jack had persuaded Kent to buy and wear, he just stared at Kent in speechless amazement. (He really did that -- I posted a picture here. I'll try and find it and post a link if anyone's interested.) Next Jack asked Andrew to join the casual group. Despite his close friendship with Jack, Andrew steadfastly refused. In terms of my story this was good: Andrew was taking the moral high ground and refusing to get involved with Jack's practical joke. This is completely in line with Andrew's character as I understand it, so from a story point of view it was perfect. However I did wonder a little why, in terms of game mechanics, Andrew rejected the invitation from a Sim with whom hew had an excellent relationship. The only thing I could think of was that, although it was Jack who invited him, it was really Kent's group, and Andrew had only met Kent for the first time minutes before.

Apologies for taking so ridiculously long to reply to your post @jdusk. I'm afraid that sometimes Real Life gets in the way of my Simming!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11837 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:12 AM
I have a rather unusual question: how do you 'undefault' a terrain to make it possible to put in the terrains selection?

There's one defaulted terrain of the Moon that Pinkosim/aka Psychosim made, but it defaults the lush template. I'd like to use it as a non-default terrain in addition to the lush terrain.

(someone tell me you can do it by unchecking a box in SimPE..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11838 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:23 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 24th Jan 2018 at 8:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The only thing I could think of was that, although it was Jack who invited him, it was really Kent's group,

I've many times had sim A ask sim B to form a group and then had sim B ask sim C to join the group, specifically because sim C liked sim B better, and I've always had sim C accept. Come to think of it, though, I'm not sure I've ever seen a sim reject an invitation to join a group.
Test Subject
#11839 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 11:56 AM
I think I remember reading that it makes sims clean faster if they have a higher cleaning skill.
Theorist
#11840 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM
So Ihave some families in the bin right now, which I only want to intorduce into the hood later, like a lot later. That wouldn't be a problem...however two of them have children. Is there a way to prevent them from being brought home from school? Like is it safe to simply change them to adults in SimPE and then back into children before I move them in?
Mad Poster
#11841 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:06 PM
Servos: Sim or toaster? In ways they seem like a machine (but with too many "human" issues). But I just had two die from flies- or disease, it happened so fast I couldn't tell. Their body doesn't curl up like a dead Sim, they just instantly become a black pile (like from fire). BUT then the reaper shows up, and they leave a tombstone! Does that mean they are Sims, with character data?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11842 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Some hairy beast from the forest wouldn't be able to clean for peanuts (or at least you'd think!).

I think it's this mod by Cyjon that makes it so Bigfoots only come with maxed skills and badges that make logical sense for a hairy beast from the forest to have.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Does that mean they are Sims, with character data?

They are, yes.
Alchemist
#11843 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Each disc installs the new hoods and new templates in the program files on the machine, and they stay there. If you have BG, BV, and AL, but not OFB, Seasons, or Freetime, you'll have the three original neighborhoods, the three vacation destinations, and Belladonna Cove, but you won't have Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley.
by "neighborhood templates" I meant the SC4 files used to make neighborhoods/sub-neighborhoods, not the neighborhoods/sub-neighborhoods themselves.
Mad Poster
#11844 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:30 AM
I had the folder open anyway, so I dug into the \TSData\Res\UserData\SC4Terrains\ folder of each:

Base Game:
Alpinloch.sc4
Arbordale.sc4
Aridia.sc4
BrineyFjord.sc4
CrystalSprings.sc4
Driftwood.png
IslaSegundo.sc4
OasisValley.sc4
Pleasantview.sc4
sample.sc4
Sedona.sc4
Strangetown.sc4
Veronaville.sc4
ViperCanyon.sc4
Alpinloch.sc4
Arbordale.sc4
Aridia.sc4
BrineyFjord.sc4
CrystalSprings.sc4
Driftwood.sc4
IslaSegundo.sc4
OasisValley.sc4
Pleasantview.sc4
sample.sc4
Sedona.sc4
Strangetown.sc4
Veronaville.sc4
ViperCanyon.sc4

Open For Business:
Bluewater.sc4

Seasons:
RiverblossomHills.sc4

Bon Voyage:
CrescentIsland.sc4
MoonIslands.sc4
TakemizuVillage.sc4
ThreeLakes.sc4
TwikkiiIsland.sc4

FreeTime:
DesiderataValley.sc4

Apartment Life:
BelladonnaCove.sc4
Duality.sc4

Oddly, University didn't have any - maybe they used base-game maps for the uni subhoods?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#11845 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:57 AM
Not only did they not include sc4 files for the university 'hoods, the Pleasantview.sc4 isn't exactly the same as the terrain used for the Pleasantview that ships with the game. The hills and coastline are the same, but the roads are slightly different.
Mad Poster
#11846 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I think it's this mod by Cyjon that makes it so Bigfoots only come with maxed skills and badges that make logical sense for a hairy beast from the forest to have.

They are, yes.

Helpful. Also RATS!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Link Ninja
#11847 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:07 AM
Is there a comprehensive guide out there on the interweb that explains what all the testing cheats (debug mode) do when you shift-click a sim?

for example what is 'Desperation 1' ???

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#11848 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:19 AM
Here's the stupidest as they come... How do you delete a lot? Like a custom lot that a player made that you installed. I installed it with Mootilda's Clean Installer but now I've decided I don't like it and would like to get rid of it, but I don't want to do it without knowing the safest way to, lol. It had some CC and stuff attached to it, I believe.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Test Subject
#11849 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:50 PM
You can delete lots through Documents/The Sims 2/LotCatalog, but it shows numbers rather than names so it's hard to tell which one you're deleting.

Also, should I be concerned by any of these conflicts HCDU detected?

CJ-HarderHomework.package and ijHomeworkSkillsLikeA_BV.package

alfixes.package and Phaenoh_SummerVacationWintersDay.package

alfixes.package and carpoolbringfrienddialog.package
Mad Poster
#11850 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:09 PM
Clean Installer - just find the lot catalog by pressing the arrow - instead of clicking on downloads, scroll down. It will give you all the lots by name and even pics, I think. (You can delete the lots here, or just from the catalog in the game).
Page 474 of 1339