Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 42 of 43
Test Subject
#1026 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 9:55 AM
I would have liked the step but no matter what type of building he is not tried several times
Field Researcher
#1027 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlez Pie
Can you please fix this mod for dine out, the chefs won't cook and this mod is everything to me.

scumbumbo retired from modding. noticed this hasn't been updated in a VERY long time. As far as I'm aware unless someone were to ask his permission to continue his awesome mods, these are all dead now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1028 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:36 AM
Please, someone else please update this.
The EA one really isn't functional enough. I can't lock it for specific people. My townhouses are no longer functional. I can't prevent the second family from just entering the first's house whenever they want. The multiple house / family households are no longer viable.

Oh gosh... I thank you for all of the work you did on this, but I really do hope you come back to modding. This mod is irreplaceable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1029 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 7:09 PM
Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#1030 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:30 AM
I really need this to be updated.. please please
Test Subject
#1031 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:14 PM
Hi,

Did you know that you can select "locked for everyone" and then you can make exception for each Sim? If that's what you are looking for, you don't need this mod, it's already in the game.

Greetings Noons
Lab Assistant
#1032 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noonskie
Hi,

Did you know that you can select "locked for everyone" and then you can make exception for each Sim? If that's what you are looking for, you don't need this mod, it's already in the game.

Greetings Noons

But let's say you want the front door to be locked only for your kids but open to everyone else. You can't do that because the door then will be locked for visitors since you can't make exception for visitors, for example. I was actually hoping this mod would be updated for toddlers because I hate when they go out the door and into the street on their own.
Lab Assistant
#1033 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:57 PM
Hear, hear!! I second that!

Quote: Originally posted by 1Saved_Diva
I know the work you all do is from your souls and time consuming, to say the least. I, like so many others extremely appreciate your works. Even more than that, we come to depend on the various projects you produce for the enhancement of our down time. Thus, we are utterly helpless when something breaks or ceases to function for reasons beyond our control. For myself, I can speak to feeling a sense of abandonment. Of course, I'm in touch with reality, so I know its not true abandonment because its not personal in anyway, but it is abandonment just the same and I don't think I'm alone in this feeling.

Having said all that, I am making a heartfelt plea to anyone of the many capable modders out there to please repair this mod. Again, I'm aware that what is being asked requires your taking time from all that's already on your plate (which is probably a smorgasbord of TTD). But its been months since this mod has seen an update. I have some minor coding/testing abilities as I used to be a software tester and did a brief minor in programming (unfinished, however). Nonetheless, I am willing to try my hand at deciphering the code and making any updates required. Granted, I will need support to undertake this endeavor, but I am willing if no one else has time.

With sincerity and appreciation.
Lab Assistant
#1034 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
But let's say you want the front door to be locked only for your kids but open to everyone else. You can't do that because the door then will be locked for visitors since you can't make exception for visitors, for example. I was actually hoping this mod would be updated for toddlers because I hate when they go out the door and into the street on their own.

^ That!!!!
Field Researcher
#1035 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nautica187
scumbumbo retired from modding. noticed this hasn't been updated in a VERY long time. As far as I'm aware unless someone were to ask his permission to continue his awesome mods, these are all dead now.

For what it's worth, I'd like to think if a modder disappeared, they'd be ok with someone reviving a mod based on his(/her) code. Perhaps that should be a thing modders should consider adding to their TOU. Something like "If I'm gone from MTS for more than X months, or more than X number of EA updates, anyone can update this mod as needed."

Just a thought.
Anyway, this is one of those functionality mods I would also like to see updated by someone.
Scholar
#1036 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
For what it's worth, I'd like to think if a modder disappeared, they'd be ok with someone reviving a mod based on his(/her) code. Perhaps that should be a thing modders should consider adding to their TOU. Something like "If I'm gone from MTS for more than X months, or more than X number of EA updates, anyone can update this mod as needed."

Just a thought.
Anyway, this is one of those functionality mods I would also like to see updated by someone.

I think there is such a rule here at MTS but I don't know the details.
Test Subject
#1037 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:08 AM
Hey, i have a problem with this mod as in like the lock works fine but it creates this problem that i can't really visit anyones house anymore, there's no knock option whenever i click on their door, it's just eh option for locking
Test Subject
#1038 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:38 AM
Has anyone been able to fix this mod? I think its broken with the Dine Out Game Pack - the chief in resturaunt lots can't get into the kitchen and prepare meals!
I love this mod and its really handy to have.
Please fix it!
Lab Assistant
#1039 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:25 AM
So for locking gates and doors, it's great. I click on a door, I get lock settings. I click on a gate, I get lock settings....
I click on stairs, I get lock settings. I click my neighbor's door, I get lock settings. Click on a wall, lock settings. Click the grass, lock settings. Click the street, lock settings.

Click anything, you get lock settings, your property or not. This seems incredibly broken, and it stops me from performing other interactions when on properties that aren't mine. I cannot visit other Sims. I'm sorry to say I'll have to uninstall this mod and search for something else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1040 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:50 PM
I downloaded this mod because it makes it possible to lock doors in GTW! It's amazing for my doctor to have her own little office! However it does interfere with Dine Out so I have to uninstall it, hopefully there will be an update one day!!
Test Subject
#1041 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:06 PM
Default Door Locking Mod needs update after apartments are added
can you please do an update so the welcome wagon doesn't stick around without actually starting the event? i also have the problem i can't visit someone's house and apartment, because those options are removed when clicking on the doors.
Test Subject
#1042 Old 13th May 2017 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Evil Mentor : 15th May 2017 at 2:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mpkio2
Has anyone been able to fix this mod? I think its broken with the Dine Out Game Pack - the chief in resturaunt lots can't get into the kitchen and prepare meals!
I love this mod and its really handy to have.
Please fix it!

I have a similar problem where the chef exits the kitchen after setting up and acts as a regular sim instead of an employee. I like this mod and need it for the sims home to keep siblings and the live in housekeeper out of rooms they aren't supposed to go into. Have to remove it from the mod folder in order for the chef to remain a chef.

Edit:Nevermind. I realize now that certain Sims can be allowed through doors by selecting them and using the built in door lock system to allow them entry. Makes this mod redundant and unnecessary.
Test Subject
#1043 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 5:23 PM
I tried to uninstall this mod, but it now won't let me click anything.
Test Subject
#1044 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:25 AM
Hey, I downloaded the door lock mod but there is an issue..
I can select any door and set the locks to whatever I want, but the lock doesn't activate. Everyone just ignores it and walk trough anyways.

I installed and used this mod before on another pc, and it worked fine. As I used it before I'm sure it isn't an installation fault.
Anyone knows what could've caused it or how to fix it?

Any help appriciated!!
Test Subject
#1045 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:12 PM
Default mod is outdated
Quote: Originally posted by Is29aColour
Hey, I downloaded the door lock mod but there is an issue..
I can select any door and set the locks to whatever I want, but the lock doesn't activate. Everyone just ignores it and walk trough anyways.

I installed and used this mod before on another pc, and it worked fine. As I used it before I'm sure it isn't an installation fault.
Anyone knows what could've caused it or how to fix it?

Any help appriciated!!
this mod was never updated for 2 yrs now FYI
Test Subject
#1046 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 8:52 AM
Is it possible for someone to takeover and update this mod? I would sincerely appreciate it. =)
Field Researcher
#1047 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:01 PM
Is there anyway that a timer can be used so doors lock and unlock at certain ingame times eg unlocked only 6am to 8am
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1048 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:44 AM
Hey!
Anybody can test, is this mod working with the latest update or not?
Test Subject
#1049 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM
I noticed Scumbumbo is back!! Is there any chance that you will update this mod? It was my favorite mod in the whole game. The "in- game"/EA door locks have not worked consistently (with pets and people), they do not allow locks by gender or age, and they require that you designate locks for individuals one by one. Please say this is on the slate for an update. Thanks!! Huge fan!
Deceased
Original Poster
#1050 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarolli
I noticed Scumbumbo is back!! Is there any chance that you will update this mod? It was my favorite mod in the whole game. The "in- game"/EA door locks have not worked consistently (with pets and people), they do not allow locks by gender or age, and they require that you designate locks for individuals one by one. Please say this is on the slate for an update. Thanks!! Huge fan!

It's not likely I'd update this one, it's a mess to be honest and would take a lot of work to bring up to date with the current game. I will likely take a look at it though to see how bad it will be to fix - maybe it's something easy.
Page 42 of 43