Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATE] NIGHTFALL eyes (#8) by InouKai

by InouKai Posted 14th Dec 2009 at 10:16 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2010 at 2:49 PM by InouKai : Update

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 2:05 AM
It's the second time I come here at MTS today and, again, there is a new eyeset from you, what really delights me. You did a good job with these dark eyes. Sincerely I don't understand why most creators don't make truly dark eyes which are so necessary for Asian and African sims. It's great to see that you dedicated a full set to dark brown shades. I look forward for more eyesets from you. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 1:18 PM
It looks fantastic, my asian sims finally look truly asian! Thank you for your hard work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 2:54 PM
Yeah no problem. I need these kind of eyes desperately myself.

Though these eyes are wide open, no light ever shines in them
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:22 PM
Wow, love this! And the model sim is cute ;D
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:15 PM
Hey, where've you been all my life? I've managed to get a hold of some beautiful dark eyes over the years but I can't have as much variety as I can with the light eyes because most eyes are created to emphasize the beauty of light eyes. As a result, dark recolors of such eyes just look a bit "off" or not as pretty as their light counterparts.

You really hit on the secret of achieving attractive dark eyes and giving us lots of variety by varying the reflections. In real life, the beauty of dark eyes is in how they reflect, since you can't really see into them as well as you can into light eyes where the pupil is the focal point when it contrasts with the iris. A lot of artists just cheat and lighten the brown color to emphasize the pupil more. I've even noticed lazy photogs use that trick on real dark eyed models. Either they photoshop the contrast in or they bombard the poor models eyes with so much light to force the contrast and get their idea of a pretty brown eye. (And let's be honest here, they do that with dark skin, too. We've all seen Beyonce, Tyra, Beverly and others bleached out to near caucasian extremes in ads, admit it--but that's a whole other topic). Frankly, I think it's bit insulting to try and force a dark eye to behave like a light eye to make it fit into what passes as an attractive eye. Work WITH the darkness and color, not against. That's what you did to great effect!

And you also got some beautiful colors going there. I have brown eyes myself and still couldn't ever get the Sims brown eyes right. I've been hamfisted working the colors, myself because I just failed myself to work the reflectiveness of dark eyes the way you did. Well thanks for bringing the beauty of black and brown to life.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 7:31 AM
Great work indeed. It is not easy to find dark eyes, as all the world have light eyes. And not only asian have dark eyes, but I love asian eyes and people.
Thanks a lot for that.

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:48 PM
Woah, these eyes are BEAUTIFUL! You could almost fall into them, couldn't you?
I love them
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 11:57 PM
Wow, they're so beautiful! I downloaded them right away! Hey, by the way, I'm making a tutorial at the TS2 Official site on downloading from other sites. May I use your eyes as an example for downloading, since I already did the pictures?

Don't wanna be an American Idiot!
WOO GREEN DAY!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 10:30 AM
Of course, just make sure you credit them with the link to MTS2

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 11:39 AM
NIGHTFALL EYES UPDATED! I added three more styles!

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:45 PM
My favorites are 04 and 06. Awesome job. Thanks! It's so hard to find nice brown eyes. (I see some people that have almost red eyes and call them brown, but usually it's more a watery caramel color they call brown.) Love them!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 11:30 PM
These are my favorite eye sets! Amazingly beautiful!
I am extremely happy with them! Thank you so much!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has survived, died, or is living with cancer.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:48 AM
I love these eyes so much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 2:20 PM
These are my favourite eyes I've ever seen, thank you!!